I'm broody...

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
The main reason as most of you know, why I am doing this diet, is because me and HB want to have a baby. :D

We made a promise to each other, that he would support me in the diet and I will 'do' the diet to ensure I conceive and carry the baby safely. ;)

Problem is, I have 7 stone to loose and i'm so broody. I'm worried it's becoming an obsession. I've not felt this way before. I have always known I wanted children, but this is a real pain I feel in my gut. :cry::cry:

To keep me going on my cd journey, I have been looking at baby equipment, which started out innocent as a way of reminding me why I am doing this.

Problem is, I'm constantly looking on website, making costings etc. I have started a wish list of baby things. I just feel like maybe I'm going a bit mad.

As far as the diet is going i'm 100% now, feeling energised and quite fab really. But the minute I think of 'babies' my mind set changes, and I feel so down. :cry::cry::cry:

I feel like i'm being ridiculous.

I made the mistake of telling my Mum that we would be trying once i'd reached my goal weight. She is so bloody excited, it's all she talks about, even signing texts "grandma".

Nothing is ever easy is it...if it's not one thing, it's your Mother! LMAO

Sorry for the negative post, after we are all making the effort to be positive. :sigh:

I just seem to be in baby mode all the time and can't seem to shake it off. :cry:

Awww, really feel for you hun. But you really are doing the best by loosing weight first.

We took a year to concieve and it completey takes over, you dont really think about anything else do you? Its just not the same for men, well not mine anyway-think he just thought it'll happen when it happens. I think I'd be tempted to tell your mum that she should stop the 'grandma' talk as you know there are no gaurantees in this world and that you're not even trying yet. Try to keep yourself busy, maybe take up a hobby or something so your minds not always filled with baby thoughts.

I know what you mean hun... your not being ridiculous. One of the main reasons I am loosing weight is cos I want a baby too

I've not looked at baby stuff, they way I see it is, I've decided to do this diet to get to goal to be happy about myself before babies comes into the equasion (prob spelt wrong)...

Try and think of it as your loosing weight to give yourself, and a baby at some point, the best life and start you can by making yourself healthy... try not to torture yourself by looking at baby stuff if its making you feel down... the diet is hard enough without the added stress...

Maybe try having another chat with your mum or a best friend... someone who you can really open up too but can just be there to listen

xx

Awww, really feel for you hun. But you really are doing the best by loosing weight first.

We took a year to concieve and it completey takes over, you dont really think about anything else do you? Its just not the same for men, well not mine anyway-think he just thought it'll happen when it happens. I think I'd be tempted to tell your mum that she should stop the 'grandma' talk as you know there are no gaurantees in this world and that you're not even trying yet. Try to keep yourself busy, maybe take up a hobby or something so your minds not always filled with baby thoughts.

Have just re-read this-I didn't mean it to sound downbeat, I'm sure everything will work out great for you and Starry's right, this diet is stressful enough to deal with without the added stress.

its one of those things that to increase your chances of conceiving your weight has to come down. Am I right in remembering you have PCOS too, or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?

Anyway as you know PCOS all revolves around weight, its the gold standard to get the weight down and apparently the rest will follow. ;) Now I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but concentrate on getting your weight down, you can only do one thing at a time, and to get there you have to concentrate on CD.

Also try to stop brooding on it (no pun intended) if you can, because even if your weight was perfect it might not happen straightaway, and you don't want to be down during what should be one of the happier times of trying! But as your weight comes down, your chances of ceoceiving go up, and the doc should be more than happy to give you help in form of clomid/metformin ttc and other help

I would have a word with your mum to ask her to not pressure you, however well meant. I had to have a similar chat with mines last week, who joined a flippin pram club - I'm not even trying!

Try and stay positive :) I know its hard

We took a year to concieve and it completey takes over, you dont really think about anything else do you?

You are right Angela, it's a real battle with your mind. I know though, that I am doing the best thing in loosing the weight first, i know I will feel so much better for it afterwards and it will be all worth it. It is hard though to get baby thoughts out of your mind when they are in there! :rolleyes:

Try and think of it as your loosing weight to give yourself, and a baby at some point, the best life and start you can by making yourself healthy... try not to torture yourself by looking at baby stuff if its making you feel down... the diet is hard enough without the added stress...

xx

What a lovely way of putting it :)

Very true this diet is difficult without added stress. I'm going to try and concentrate on me, and getting my body right, before I jump the gun.

I'm not going to allow myself to look at anymore baby related bits, because i'm only torturing myself and I don't want it to effect my self esteem and weight losses. :)

Aww hun i know what you mean.

I have kids but we've been trying for another baby for nearly 3 years :cry: & in that time i've had 3 very early miscarriages :cry::cry::cry:
I want a baby so bad & it doesn't help that my sister is pregnant with identical twins.

Just this morning i got an appointment in the post for the recurrent miscarriage clinich at St Marys which is the best in the world.......... so i'm hoping that will find out why im miscarrying & sort me out.

Being as it's taking me so long to get pregnant.... 15 mths between the last 2 miscarriages.... i will continue to try to get pregnant whilst on the CD.
I know its healthier to be in the 'normal' BMI when your pregnant but i don't think thats my issue. I was 14-15 St when i fell pregnant with 2 of my kids & i never miscarried.

Im not allowed to get pregnant next cycle cos im going to the clinic so i know i have at least 8 weeks on CD before i could 'possibly' get pregnant.... not bloomin likely though. You could always start trying when you have a month or two left til your at goal. These things can take a few months to happen.... although some lucky ladies manage it on their first cycle.

its one of those things that to increase your chances of conceiving your weight has to come down. Am I right in remembering you have PCOS too, or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?

Anyway as you know PCOS all revolves around weight, its the gold standard to get the weight down and apparently the rest will follow. ;) Now I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but concentrate on getting your weight down, you can only do one thing at a time, and to get there you have to concentrate on CD.

Also try to stop brooding on it (no pun intended) if you can, because even if your weight was perfect it might not happen straightaway, and you don't want to be down during what should be one of the happier times of trying! But as your weight comes down, your chances of ceoceiving go up, and the doc should be more than happy to give you help in form of clomid/metformin ttc and other help

I would have a word with your mum to ask her to not pressure you, however well meant. I had to have a similar chat with mines last week, who joined a flippin pram club - I'm not even trying!

Try and stay positive :) I know its hard

Hey hun, Yes you have remembered correctly, i do have PCOS :sigh:

I have been told by my DR for a long time that loosing weight will solve the problem and increase my chances of having a baby. Hence why I'm here.

I definitely need to stop jumping ahead of myself and concentrate on the here and now ;)

I do need to speak to my Mum, I'm just not sure how to approach it without offending her. I was the one who started it off by telling her - and I must admit I did go off on one about it, she is the first person we told about our plans, so it was quite exciting sharing with someone else :eek: But I seem to have pushed my brooding onto her now as well. Oh dear. :sigh: I'll have to go gently on this one. Upsetting my Mother is the last thing I need! :p

yea sounds good to me,, focus on you first.. good luck hun x

I have kids but we've been trying for another baby for nearly 3 years :cry: & in that time i've had 3 very early miscarriages :cry::cry::cry:
I want a baby so bad & it doesn't help that my sister is pregnant with identical twins.

Just this morning i got an appointment in the post for the recurrent miscarriage clinich at St Marys which is the best in the world.......... so i'm hoping that will find out why im miscarrying & sort me out.

Being as it's taking me so long to get pregnant.... 15 mths between the last 2 miscarriages.... i will continue to try to get pregnant whilst on the CD.
I know its healthier to be in the 'normal' BMI when your pregnant but i don't think thats my issue. I was 14-15 St when i fell pregnant with 2 of my kids & i never miscarried.

Im not allowed to get pregnant next cycle cos im going to the clinic so i know i have at least 8 weeks on CD before i could 'possibly' get pregnant.... not bloomin likely though. You could always start trying when you have a month or two left til your at goal. These things can take a few months to happen.... although some lucky ladies manage it on their first cycle.

Aw hunnie, Im so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. What an awful experience for you and your HB. But what amazing people you both are to continue trying :D

I really hope that you have a successful pregnancy soon and can enjoy having another little one to add to your clan!

It's funny how some people take ages to conceive, others only have to 'look' at a guy and get pregnant - slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean!

Also, since feeling broody it seems that so many women I see are expecting. I think my mind is just playing tricks with me a lot of the time tbh. :sigh:

Hugs x x

hun, your not going mad!

If that is what takes to keep you going on the diet then you do what you need to do!!!

I was told i would never conceive naturally...so i lost weight and within 9 months i was pregnant! Seeing my little girl makes it SO worth it!

Anything you need to do to keep you on track is good in my eyes hun!

Keep up the good work...and your time will SO come hun

xxxx

I agree, its awful to have to keep going thru that, you must be very strong and have an amazing OH. Good luck to you both on your trying again .. :)

I used to be one of those women who could get pregnant easily but after my last baby in May 2006 i suddenly couldn't get pregnant. Took over a year to get pregnant & then i miscarried 2 babies in 7 weeks.... which was a massive shock as although i'd had a stillborn little girl i'd never miscarried before.

I know so many people who are pregnant at the moment & it's killing me inside. Esp as my sister is so insistant on rubbing my nose in it. She's pregnant with her 6th & 7th babies. My sister falls pregnant very easily. Everywhere i look theres a pregnant woman, newborn baby or an advert for baby stuff etc.

I will continue cos i want another baby so much.

I hope when your time comes & you decide to try, that you don't have to try too long.

I hope when your time comes & you decide to try, that you don't have to try too long.

Thank you sweetie :)

Same to you too, I hope you don't have anymore upsets.

Who knows, when you have lost a little bit of weight, it may help your problems too ;)

Best of Luck hun, Big Hugs x x x

Back