Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Im Dizzy!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nova, 13 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Nova

Nova Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Now then u lot! I usually post on the pink site, but am feeling a bit pathetic so wondered if I could pick your brains?
    Over the last few days I have been feeling generally dizzy and giddy, dizzy on standing etc, but it seems to be righting itself within a few moments.

Have a history of panic attacks, and recently they have been an awful lot better, but since the weekend seem to be fighting off anxiety- which I think is to do with the feeling giddy and dizzy.

I swim every day and am about to go now, but am in two minds about it today-

Am definately not new to CD (ive lost 56lbs since Oct 07) so Its not settling in period IYSWIM, wondering if I need some more calories temporarily till this passes, (an extra shake) ?
    Im not too good with water, but am drinking 3+ litres a day, and no more or lees than usual.

Any ideas guys?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Dizzyness can be a symptom of transient low blood pressure which can happen on this diet - hence why we drink so much! Is it when you stand up suddenly or at other times?

Also could be pregnancy - worth ruling out??

4. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Could you ask your CD what may be causing this? Is it your TOTM as I sometimes feel a bit like that(or when I have wallowed in a hot bath too long)

5. spooky

spooky Banned

Have you reduced the amount of tea and coffee you would normally have?

6. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I have also had dizzy spells on CD, and not just at the start either. Especially when I get up quickly, or like Bobbin, after I've had a hot bath.

7. Nova

Nova Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Cheers for the quick response guys!

I dont think I'm pregnant? and not on TOTM. Haven't had any cups of tea today, and yesterday had about 4 so maybe that could be it. Also had a terrible nights sleep last night (a bloody spring has popped on my side, bloody typical, remind me to change the mattress round before OH comes home). I'm a rubbish sleeper anyway so maybe thats it?

Might have to forgo the swimming today and have a chill out afternoon- DS is in nursery this afternoon.

i feel like I could go to bed and kip all afternoon, but I would have no chance of sleeping tonight then, I find it hard enough anyway.

All this is making me want to binge!!!!!!!!!! Why after so long on CD? (altohugh I did have a little time off in january)

Your ideas have been really useful, i really appreciate it!!

8. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Could definitely be due to the lack of sleep. I used to do shift work on a 24 hour rota - really messed my system up, and sheer tiredness used to make me dizzy as well. Oh, I am so grateful for my normal day time job now :)

9. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    After a hot bath is likely to be vasodilation caused by the hot water combined with an already lowered BP leading to a dizzy spell. Seems to be reasonably common on this type of diet.

10. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Yeh, I agree with Kerrie. I got this dizziness really badly all thru my diet...GP advised me it's postural hypertension, linked to low BP. Even now I'm eating again, I'm still worse than I was before the diet but it's a small price to pay to be thin. If you're worried tho, I'd recommend speaking to your GP

11. lu-c

lu-c Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.52%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Then it could be a lovely virus! My lovely kids bought it home gave it to me, I started off feeling dizzy, hot flushes, sore throat nasty cough, now have a chest infection and anti biotics. My lovely husband let me sleep in my bed for nearly 5 days while he took care of the kids..hoping ou dont have this!

12. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Its the virus! i BET it is...i have it at the moment. It is draining isnt it? At least it stops me wanting to eat though!

13. lu-c

lu-c Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.52%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    :p I think thats how I managed to get through week one so well! Yeah its horrible..my kids had it so I thought pfffff I'll fight it myself..no need for fussy docs here...but no I cried today when the receptionist heard me on the phone with the 3 mental kids in the background and said you better come in now had'nt you. Sounds like you need all the help possible!

Go out to the car find I have a flat tyre...have to change that, the energy is just sapping from me then..lucky for me husband is taking tom off so I can rest up some more...:)

Antibiotics...sole source? I am taking some chicken and salad just incase it stops them from working properly.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.