Im experimenting .....

missymoo

Fed up of being fat
... with my cooking!! lol

I have to be honest and admit that before cd I never really used herbs or spices in my cooking. Starting cd790 has introduced me to both and I must admit Im having a loT of fun so far experimenting with them all.

I have this week been cooking myself spicey chicken (chicken coated in mixed herbs, black pepper and chili powder, wrapped in tin foil and oven baked - also added in a couple of sliced up mushrooms) served on a bed of baby watercress!! Its quite nice and my other half has been quite impressed ... so have I actually. lol

Well today I decided that I want to try and make a kind of curry / soupy thing. So Ive baked my chicken in herbs in the tin foil in the oven, cooked my mushrooms in a teeny bit of water in the pan, added a bit of courgette and baby watercress, steamed some cauliflower, added it all into a pan with some water and curry powder .... and now its simmering!!

Im not sure how its going to turn out, I hope its ok.... but I will let you know.

hi missymoo... sounds nice...it's got my mouth watering.

Linda.

Oh no sorry Linda ... Ive just realised that my thread wont be appreciated by those on ss ... ooops sorry all you ss'ers!!

Well it came out ok .... Ive tried a mouthful and it was nice (well I think so) curried chicken and veg basically, nice taste and thats what Im missing on 790 so far ...... taste. This saves me flaffing around at dinner time later with my meal, I can just get on with the kids and other half and warm mine back up.

Anyone else experimenting on the 790 plan to add flavour and variety to their meal allowance?

Back