Im feeling hungry

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
I dont like this feeling!!! :( I dont think i felt it once on tfr :cry:

Iv had a banana and 10 grapes today as a snack and my tea is at 6pm so i am holding out but this feeling is horrible aint it ... im guessing its cuz i am back eating again and my body wants all the loverly food about!!!!

Good news though - even though the cake i made my brother is the first cake ive made since being off tfr i havnt succumed to a piece and wont either *claps for tanya* haha Infact im not sure there is much left! lol

Its only natural to have hunger feelings now you are back on food Tanya. Fill up with water before and during meals and once you are finished the proper refeed, you can have more on your plate, but make it more salad, vegetables etc.

Fizzy water kiddo!! You said earlier you were down on your water today - that might be why you're hungry.

If after that you really are genuinely very hungry - you should have something. There's no brownie points to be gained by letting your body think it's starving ..... xx

Its only natural to have hunger feelings now you are back on food Tanya. Fill up with water before and during meals and once you are finished the proper refeed, you can have more on your plate, but make it more salad, vegetables etc.

Thing is im doing the correct portion sizes and its filling me nicely but today even though my lunch filled me just right its almost tea time and i feel hungry!

Fizzy water kiddo!! You said earlier you were down on your water today - that might be why you're hungry.

If after that you really are genuinely very hungry - you should have something. There's no brownie points to be gained by letting your body think it's starving ..... xx

Very true Jan - have only had 2litres so far. I wont be having anything as im making tea in half an hour to be ready for 6 so it'd be pointless so then i think ill have an early night and catch up on some sleep! lol

Grapes contain pure glucose and enter the bloodstream very quickly and raise your blood sugars and this is probably what is causing the hunger pangs.

Bananas contain fructose which is slow releasing but they also contain glucose.

If you add a little protein as in a couple of nuts at the same time it can help balance the blood sugars.

Apples contain fructose and they say you should always eat the seeds as well to balance out the blood sugars.

Well done for staying away from the cake!

Love Mini xxx

Ah thanks for that mini - think i will avoid any more grapes.

Not allowed nuts on refeed, not that i am aware of! :)

Lol Well done Tanya!!

Its hard to resist, especially when your feeling hungry :)

Hi Tanya, Well done on not picking. You have willpower of steel girl :D.

When I saw you had a snack of bananna and grapes, my first thought was oh oh SUGAR but I didnt want to appear paranoid so I was delighted to see Mini had the same thought.

When you think about it your body has had no sugar for six months so I think you will have to be carefull reintroducing it very slowly or eating with nuts and seeds as Mini said. I think the berries like strawberries and blueberries work for me and I usually have them with diet yogurt and throw in some seeds as well.

This is the hard bit i found

Just make sure if you are feeling hungry you have a nice healthy snack, nothing wrong with that imo

Its better to have something light to top you up and meaning you have had a little extra in that day rather than holding out as you may fnd you end up eating something bad for you

Horrible the feeling of hunger. But I think what we have to learn is if what we feel truly is hunger or if it's just cravings. I made this mistake so many times, thus me being back on LT for the 3rd time :/

Grapes are evil to me, but I love them!.

I have to limit myself to a handful because if I keep the bag with me, they'll all be gone in one sitting LOL.

lol yas - know what ya mean!

Back