I'm going to be slim @ 40!!lol

Morning!

Wasn't the sun glorious yesterday?! And really glad to hear about the cattle - I grew up on a diary farm :)

Morning Sorcha

Morning:)

Jim...is that Anglo beef processors that you worked for? LOl dont think we will be able to supply that amount of beef!

Susie...I grew up on a dairy farm too!( well more than one!) Not our own but my Dad managed a few. Good 'ol black and whites! Fresians first then when Holsteins were brought into the frame and bred with the fresians what a difference in milk production. Now most commercial herds are holsteins but my Daughter works on a farm near us who have Guernseys and Holsteins. They process their own milk and make lush yoghurt:)

Have had an AWFUL weekend food/ drink wise...and i was doing so well:(.
Have jumped on scales this morning and Im 14st 5lbs, so all that water/glycogen i lost last week is back on and some more....so bloody mad with myself Why did i do it??? And i was having such a good week too.....arrgghh even waited for my hubby to go to bed last night to have a binge on ice cream and toast with marmite ..wtf is that all about??? I was really good throughout the day too and drunk lots of water, then the evening...I really need to address this before it gets out of hand and I end up feeling sorry for myself and eating more with that sod it attitude...grrr, so mad with myself

Well the only thing I can do is start again and get rid of any alcohol in the house...it really is something I need to get under control. Bugger.

Its a lovely morning and I want to get back on track... I feel guilty if i just come on here and moan without helping others and answering their questions but Im wondering if i had written in my diary I might not have binged.

((hugs)) Sorcha
Here is a hand back up on the wagon. I agree that having my diary on here helps so give it a go.
You can do it :)

Morning Sorcha, yes it was love. :) and plenty of cheap meat at staff prices. :)

We all have bad weeks love, get your head right and plan your shopping and weeks meals

Thank you Kat. I am going to come on here more often, even if my hubby does moan! He doesn't like it much. When I was doing LL and I joined their forum and posted a few photos ( for my benefit and to remind me why I was doing LL ) he made me take photos off as in his words I was 'putting myself about'!!!!
I'm hoping posting pics of my weekly weigh in will keep me focused...obviously hasn't worked this week but im NOT giving up and Im going to make this work for me...now where did i put my will power?!

Attachments

• week 2.jpg
    week 2.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 28
Thank you Jim:) It was just this weekend and alcohol.Have a good day:)

Come on, sorcha. You KNOW this diet agrees with you, you had a great loss, but you have to stick with it or you not only lose the 'fat burning edge' Atkins gives you, you actively put yourself at a disadvantage. Get back on the wagon and stay there, and while your loss might not be quite as big this week - you need to get back into ketosis again - you'll be heading the right way again.

If drinking makes you lose your willpower, give up booze for a few weeks. You did it on your VLCD I'm guessing, and all drinking does is make you lose weight slower anyway.

If you're missing something savory with butter and marmite, make a savory mim. Keep it in the fridge and it will last 3 days or so. Cut a slice or two off when you need it, grill them and you'll have little toasty bites to put butter and marmite on.

I even buy dietimeal shakes - just about the only 'low carb' food I allow myself, and freeze them to have as ice cream - 1.5 g for a big block.

You can do this. Plan out how to make it work for you.

I second Rosebug. Since you are here you are a strong and determined woman and at least you back and on your journey xxx

Morning Sorcha :)

Morning all:D

Well I am truly back on track. Weighed myself this morning and have lost 3 of the 6 pounds I had put on already:) I know its only water but if i can be around the 14st mark next weigh in I will be chuffed

It is alcohol thats my problem and yes Rose, I did have to abstain on LL....and felt so much better for not drinking...so must bear that in mind!

My menu for the past 2 days:

Tues:
B and D - Cheeseburger pie made with 300g of minced pork. with 1 1/2 cups of kale.
Eve snack- mozarella ball with 1 tbs mayo. 3 litres of water and 4 cups of tea with alpro soya.

Weds:
B - 2 x scrambled egg with half bag of lettuce leaves, 2 tbs mayo and chopped chillies.
1 pepparami for lunch
D - large pork chop, grilled with 2oz cheese and 1tsp mustard, 2 cups of green cabbage with butter on top and splash of lea and perrins
4 cups of tea with alpro soya
3 litres of water throughout the day

Just to go completely off track...its my oldest Sons 19th today! Im so very proud of him:clap:.
Cant wait for Sunday morning though...hes taking his dad out clubbing to celebrate his birthday....should be interesting!!lol I think its quite sweet that he still wants to spend time with his mum and dad...he did ask me but I politely declined the offer...I know how many Jagerbombs he can drink......scary:)

Morning sorcha, well done love

Thank you Jim, and morning to you too:) Hope you have a good day! Ive got a day off...woop woop...which means lots of cleaning...boooo!

ah, fun day then ;)

Hey Sorcha. Cid you manage to get your cleaning done on your day off...boo hiss!!! Hope you had a few moments to enjoy your day of freedom? Sounds like you are well and truly back on the wagon..well done you whoop whoop xx

Evening Sorcha:)

Morning Sorcha :)

Evening Sorcha xx

Morning sorcha :)

Hello Jim:)

Keep sabotaging my efforts come the weekend....why I do it I dont know:(.
Well I was 14st 4lbs on Tuesday. Its because i keep reading that alcohol is ok on low carb diets..the body processes it differently etc, that I think ok, have a couple of vodka and diet cokes to 'reward' yourself, then i have a couple more, then I start eating crap....like bowls of cereal or crisp sandwiches...what's that all about?? I am weak willed and if I dont go back to what I learnt when on LL, Im going to end up right where i started and I dont want that. Im great at giving people advice but dont heed my own.

So, to break my alcohol induced food frenzies, I am going back on packs for 6 weeks till my birthday so I can get down to where I was last October 12st 8lbs. I was happy then. Not ideal on the bmi chart but it suited me and I felt good about myself. I will be following the Atkins wol when i get to that weight as I know from the previous 3 weeks i can maintain....so not all bad!
Thanks guys for your encouragement and good luck:)

Back