im going to cheat, how long will it take 2 get bk into ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kirstyjade, 23 May 2011 Social URL.

1. kirstyjade

kirstyjade Full Member

im supposed to be going out for a meal on friday and i really need a night off, if i do how long will it take me to get bk into ketosis??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Usually 2-3 days. Depending on what you eat! I would advise keeping away from carbs, as these take longer to leave your system and the whole process of getting back into ketosis is longer. I have been out for meals with family and friends before. I tend to opt for white fish dishes served with greens and I leave the potatoes.
    If you can get grilled chicken thats a bonus. I once went to a carvery place and had turkey and some greens. I also order a large bottle of sparkling water as this can be filling!
    The upsetting thing for me is the scales if I go out and eat whatever! Then getting back into ketosis (headaches) I just can't be doing with it tbh.

Nevertheless, whatever option you take, enjoy yourself :)

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Emma's given some great advice there.

The other thing I'd say is, don't think of it as cheating! If you're planning this, it isn't cheating and you haven't failed. You'll just be eating something that isn't on one of the Cambridge diet plans.

Of course, it would be even better if you went for something that is on one of the plans - chicken salad, white fish and green vegetables, an omelette, etc. If you go on a pasta/rice/pizza splurge, the scales might bounce up several pounds overnight - and I mean several, like seven or eight pounds - which can be really disheartening. I know the lure of food is strong - we all do, that's why we're here :D but you've worked damn hard to get into ketosis and it would serve you better to stay in ketosis, if you possibly can.

5. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Lily, I don't think I've read a thread of yours that I don't agree with completely!

What she said! LOL!

6. kirstyjade

kirstyjade Full Member

im on ss , what kinda stuff can i eat and still stay in ketosis? and if i did have something bad like pie and chips or steak would i put on alot of weight on weigh day or does it just show up on the scales in the 1st couple ov days? x

7. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Any meat, fish or poultry plus veg (avoid potatoes, sweetcorn and peas as they're high in carbs.

So - a steak, be it beef or gammon, chicken, turkey, fish etc

Plus

Side order of veg or (even better) salad.

Does that help? :)

8. kirstyjade

kirstyjade Full Member

thanks lily this helps alot, i really dnt want to get on the scales next week and have gained so i will eat healthly stuff like the stuff you've just suggested thanks

9. Kirsty Alley 2

Kirsty Alley 2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Day two of a restart for me and I still am not back into ketosis yet. I have high hopes for tomorrow lol

Good luck! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.