Cruise PV im having a chinese,pick what i eat lol

scoobydoo2009

im full of cold feeling rubbish etc
so we are going to order a chinese,naughty i know these are my 2 choices

1,beef,green peppers in black bean sauce

or

2,chicken beansprouts and water chestnuts??

ordering in an hour;)

the second one i think would be more dukan friendly

though id have the first lol
enjoy yummy

yum

Out of everything on a Chinese take out menu... what is the closest Dukan way of eating a Chinese take out?

It's Mum's birthday this week and she really wants one (infact that's all she wants for her birthday!). So.... would like to ask now, to ensure that I don't fall of the rails too much!! :eek:

as mentioned egg foo young,

beef in black bean sauce was nice plenty of onions and green peppers,i also had 4 prawn crackers,lol,

id defo steer clear of fried rice,curry sauce and anything fried,

you should be ok,enjoy your meal out:)

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/eatingout/a/chineserest.htm

The Safest Choices

• Clear thin soups like egg drop, which is usually thin
  • Steamed food, including whole steamed fish or steamed tofu with vegetables.
  • Meat and vegetable combinations with thin, savory sauces (a small amount of sugar may be added, perhaps a teaspoon (4 grams of carb) for the whole dish. Examples would be (in many places) chicken with mushrooms, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Szechuan prawns, and curry chicken. Again, use your eyes and taste buds to figure whether the sauce is sweet and/or thick.
  • Stir-fried dishes without sugar or starch (normally there may be a small amount, perhaps amounting to a gram or two of carb per serving)
  • Black bean sauce does not tend to be carby as some of the others (there is a very small amount of beans in the sauce)
  • Mu Shu without the wrappers
  • Walnut chicken is usually not made with starch or sugar
  • Egg Foo Yung (without gravy)
  • Mongolian Barbeque, while not Chinese, is near to it. It is a good choice, as you can choose your own meats and vegetables and prepare them to order
Practice saying the following sentence: “Is it possible to have this dish without sugar or starch?” Many (but not all) restaurants will do this for you. An alternative is to ask for the sauce on the side.

Back