I'm in hell!!!

coconut

I've just come across a recipe for chocolate biscuit cake.
How have I never heard of this before?!
I really want to make one and it's killing me thinking about it.

That'll teach me for trawling through food websites lol!

That will be my one treat when I start eating again after a few weeks. My good treat will be a bowl of strawberries. I love them!!

What are you all looking forward to? Good and bad with more of the good.

a curry every time, some smoked mackeral and a nice piece of toast

My opinion, you are entitled to your but I really don't get it...you do a hell on earth diet like this and then start thinking of all the crap you are going to pile back into your body once finished?????? Whats the point or is it me just being too strict!

Hey nic how are you feeling?

She's right though - stop thinking about currys and biscuit cakes,

Im looking forward to a big punnet of blueberries - I hope they are still in season when i come off this diet - they are a superfood you know.

Also a nice big salad with cucumber lettuce tomatoes sweetcorn redonion and a drizzle of low fat sweet chilli sauce. mmmm

I can see where you're coming from. But I think it's unrealistic to cut out everything 'bad' for life. I dont plan on having chocolate cake every week. But once a month I'll allow myself to have something if I feel like it.

I generally eat pretty well and cook all my dinners in a steamer so dont add extra fat. I had natural yoghurt and fruit salad as a snack. I've been lazy regards the gym and cooking the past month and thats why I'm on this diet. I'm not gonna wait until I have 4+ stone to lose again.

I'll revert back to healthy eating when I finish but I'm going to follow the 80/20 rule. The reason so many people fail at diets is because they cut out their weaknesses completely and then they crave them more.

I plan on eating as well as I can for life and not go on a 'diet' again. But I know for a fact I cannot cut out bad food for good, so when I do have something I'll enjoy it and not feel guilty. I'll probably have to do an extra session at the gym but so what.

Do you plan on never eating certain foods again because you believe them to be bad? It's the quantity in which you eat them that makes them so bad for us and makes us overweight. One burger does not make us fat.

TBH I plan on cutting out takeaways - they were my downfall.

So instead of having a burger from the chippers Ill make my own either with a lean burger or make my own with extra lean mince and then I can put my own low fat sauces on it - and plenty of mushrooms and onions done in the george foreman. That way im not depriving myself of something bad and having the benefit of knowing exactly whats in it and how much fat.

Of coarse Ill have a bit of cake if im at a party but there are so many nice low fat deserts out there and there is so much variety in fruit that hit that same sugar spot as chocolate.

Basically i wont deprive myself but if there is a tasty low fat alternative ill do that one first.

I can see where you're coming from. But I think it's unrealistic to cut out everything 'bad' for life. I dont plan on having chocolate cake every week. But once a month I'll allow myself to have something if I feel like it.

I generally eat pretty well and cook all my dinners in a steamer so dont add extra fat. I had natural yoghurt and fruit salad as a snack. I've been lazy regards the gym and cooking the past month and thats why I'm on this diet. I'm not gonna wait until I have 4+ stone to lose again.

I'll revert back to healthy eating when I finish but I'm going to follow the 80/20 rule. The reason so many people fail at diets is because they cut out their weaknesses completely and then they crave them more.

I plan on eating as well as I can for life and not go on a 'diet' again. But I know for a fact I cannot cut out bad food for good, so when I do have something I'll enjoy it and not feel guilty. I'll probably have to do an extra session at the gym but so what.

Do you plan on never eating certain foods again because you believe them to be bad? It's the quantity in which you eat them that makes them so bad for us and makes us overweight. One burger does not make us fat.
Yes... i do plan to completely cut out chocolates cakes and takeaways... people never ate them in the olden days ....so why do we need to now?!?!
1 burger might not make you fat; however this does lead one to the ooo i fancy something else and eating foods like this actually make you crave 'junk' food and so on and so forth...like i said each to there own ... but, the whole point to this diet is to change your eating habits completely and re start you pallette! TO BURN OFF 1LB OF PURE FAT (which is far to easy to put on) it takes 3500 cals which is way more than a session at the gym apparently so i read before to burn that you would need to do a 35 mile run

Hey nic how are you feeling?

She's right though - stop thinking about currys and biscuit cakes,

Im looking forward to a big punnet of blueberries - I hope they are still in season when i come off this diet - they are a superfood you know.

Also a nice big salad with cucumber lettuce tomatoes sweetcorn redonion and a drizzle of low fat sweet chilli sauce. mmmm
Not bad hun...didnt manage to stay away for long...but i am def not coming on as much..it just winds me up!!! Good on ya for the blue berries...did you look at the low gi diet ...its really fab and easy to stick too xxx

im with nic here ,LT isnt just about losing weight its about a total life style change,i have put no crap in my mouth(except the coconut flapjacks) for 15 weeks now and when i come off i have no intention of eating the crap i ate to get me to nearly 18 stone in the first place,my taste buds have been well and truley re-educated and if i dont spoil them again then hope fully i will never be as huge again xx

What kind of foods are on that one hun?

My plan is to switch sweets for fruit. Lunchtimes sandwiches to tuna or chicken salads, and white bread to lovely wholegrain bread, gonna only have potatoes once a week and a small portion of oven chips once a week

Also have a lush desert in my head too- merangue nest (seriously no fat in them) covered in strawberries and blueberries and covered in a some 0%fat yogurt!! How yum does that sound - and hardly any fat, carbs or calories

Similar to what you just described tbh...it works off the GI scale..there is low, med, high...its a case of swapping all refined foods to wholesome wholegrain, flax seed and keeping your sugar levels steady so you do not crave sugar .... Every food has a different gi rating and you can have some hi gi food as long as you have them with low gi foods to lower the overall value e.g White potatoes are high gi but have them with broccolli and chicken and it lowers the meals gi value. Also you could swap white pots with red ones (mmmm delicious) and have a totally low go meal - using foods in the low gi category keep you fuller for longer x sounds confussing but its not once you read one of the books its very simple xxxx
Take a look Amazon.co.uk: Books: Antony Worrall Thompson's GI Diet

Glycaemic Index Tables

GI Diet Report

Low G.I is a great way of eating..i will be following the glycaemic index mostly when im at goal...x

Ohhh I have a bit of a headache trying to take that all in....

I think ill go to easons tommorrow and get a book on it - but it sounds promising

Make sure you read them before buying soem are crap... but others fantastic!!! once you digest all the info it makes really good sense Kylie minogue has followed it for yrs and she looks fooking amazing for her age xxx

i agree with nic to a certain extend if your diet was bad before and that was the reason you put on weight, you have to change your eating habits and eat for health but your making the assumption everyone is on here dieting because they are overweight from eating, i had a really good diet before, lived on protein, fruit and veg, never ate carbs, sugar or fats (except olive oil) and my weight gain (apart from two episodes in my life where i gave up smoking and i put on), has come from drinking. I used to have one takeaway once a month then remedy my diet to compensate as i maintained at the same weight for years, exercised 5 to 6 days a week which im missing like made. That was until i got a social life and starting drinking every weekend to access. Think everyones different but i certainly wouldnt rule out completey a treat as long as its part of your intake of calarioes you want, its when u have treats and ignore the calories, thats the weight gain, each to their own though jx

I kind of agree with both of the points made.

I agree that if you can do it 80/20 is ideal. I am very diciplined and can stick to this. I am going to fill my fridge with WW desserts in case I get a choc craving or Atkins bars. Its not realistic for me to say I'm never going to eat these things again...that would depress me. I love nice food, so am going to have nice food, but be careful about my choices. A WW Chocolate Eclaire is LOVELY, so I will have ONE if I fancy something sweet.

I'm doing Atkins at the moment so tonight I'm going for a curry and will choose a Meat meal...tandoori mix with Salad. Once off the diet, it would be crazy of my to switch to what I used to have...which included Rice/Naan bread/Potato side dish...the list goes on. If I do then I know I will gain it all again...AND THATS NEVER HAPPENING AGAIN!!!

GI is the way to go. I was suprised to read how high water melon was on the GI scale in comparison to a thin based pizza....doesn't mean you can go and eat a whole pizza, but read the book. Its very enlightening.

I am never going to have white rice/bread again...there is absolutly nothing in it of use, but if I want bread I'll have a granary roll!

We are all different and some people know themselves that if they do have one takeout...that is the slippery slope, but others maybe could eat the works then diet the rest of the week. We all have the same targets and what works for one may not work for someone else...keep smiling guys!! (sorry for the essay!!)

Read this thread with interest - totally agree LT is a 'quick fix' to loose the weight BUT the single most important thing is to recognise how it was put on in the 1st place & to change your eating habits / palate expectations accordingly.

Intrigued by the GI diets... will check it oooot :D Thanks x

Read this thread with interest - totally agree LT is a 'quick fix' to loose the weight BUT the single most important thing is to recognise how it was put on in the 1st place & to change your eating habits / palate expectations accordingly.

Intrigued by the GI diets... will check it oooot :D Thanks x

Just spotted your 10lb loss. Well done mate!!!x

Just spotted your 10lb loss. Well done mate!!!x

Cheers Shazpaz :D x I put on some shorts earlier n they slipped right off my lily-white ass :D My clothes are starting to get looser than Jordan :D Hooray !

Back