I'm in here somewhere! My CD journey back to me.

Bella*Vida

Hi everyone,

Well the title says it all really. I want myself back! I am 37 and I don't recognize myself in the mirror any more. I have about 3 stone to lose, so I am hoping I can do this in time to be sassy for summer :p

I saw the CDC this morning and have started on SS today. So far so good. Choc shake for brekkie, leek and potato so for lunch and porridge for tea, but I am struggling to drink enough water :rolleyes: I am more of a diet coke girl myself!

You all seem to be doing really well. I am amazed at some of the first week losses! I know the worst is yet to come this week. How do you all keep so motivated??

Hello and welcome =) I found drinking the water in the begining very hard but around day 5 my mouth felt like sand paper and it made it so much easier to drink.. For me day 1 and 2 were a breeze but day 4,5 and 6 were hell i literally kept picturing myself being slim and feeling how good i will feel it helped and its kind of a way of life for me now i still have the odd day when i feel hungry but in my head i want to achieve this so have not had the desire to cheat.
Wish you all the best =D Look forward to reading about your progress.

Thanks Yolande.

I know it's v early days. You are right. I just need to keep my goal in mind. Hard when food and lovely cooking smells are all around you.

You did amazingly in week one. Hope I can get a decent loss to keep me motivated. Weigh in again next Monday, but will keep updating on progress this week.

Well, it's the morning of day two. Feeling ok, but will not be getting maple and pecan porridge again! Staying at home today with my youngest, so will have to think of things to keep myself busy.

Are there any other new starters out there??

Hi Bella - You're doing really well! as for what motivates us? Just wait till your weigh in and you'll see for yourself :D

The first time I did Cambridge I lost 16lbs in my first week! :eek: I was 19stones at the time tho :p

Good luck!

Thanks Jelliebabe!

I can see how such a massive week 1 loss like that motivates you. End of the week seems a long way swat at the moment. Feeling a bit washed out and cold today too. Hoping ketosis kicks in quickly and I get that burst of energy so many talk about.

Ok. Quick update. Got the the end of day 2. :D. I know it is such early days, but I could't resist jumping on the scales. It showed a 3lb loss. That can't be right surely? Not that I am complaining if it is right :p Does that seem normal? My CDC said you lose water and fat in the first week, so get a 'double hit'. I am doing SS, drinking the right amount of water and sticking to it 100%. I weighed exactly same time of day, so fingers crossed the diet is working for me. That was my big worry.

We will see what tomorrow brings......

Hi! The scales don't lie Hun! :) I went on them day 3 and was 3lb down, it's amazing right!! Good luck with your journey and well done, your doing brilliantly!!! :)

Slim~Penguin said:
Hi! The scales don't lie Hun! :) I went on them day 3 and was 3lb down, it's amazing right!! Good luck with your journey and well done, your doing brilliantly!!! :)

Oh yes that's prolly right! Told you about the scales bring motivating. Now get off them and don't get into a bad habit of weighing all the time! Well done tho!

Thanks Jelliebabe.

I could't resist sneaking a peak had convinced myself it would't work for me. Slapped wrist duly noted and I promise not to keep doing it:p

So onto day 3. Banana shake was a bit disappointing and thiking of trying the tomato soup for lunch. Seen it has mixed reviews? Seem to have got into the habit of having porridge for dinner, which I am actually quite enjoying as I haven't had it since I was a kid.

No idea if ketosis is kicking in. I feel a bit tired and cold, but I am usually tired running round after the kids anyway.

I have just started too - I am on day 3! I love the Banana shake, but hate the Strawberry! One tip is to have the Chocolate Mint as a hot drink - absolutely divine!
I have 3 or 4 stone to lose (we'll see how I feel when I hit 3 stone lost lol) and it seems like so far away! I too feel like it won't work for me, however I am resisting the urge to weigh myself until my WI on Monday!

So exciting!

xxx

with the tomato soup, make sure you notice it has different instructions to the other soups. and my tip is to make sure you're very careful to mix well at the cold water stage as well as when you add the hot.

Hi Shelley and thanks for the tips!

Tomato soup turned out quite nice actually with the help of a hand blender. Will definitely have it again. Not tried the vegetable one yet, but loved the oriental chilli.

I didn't get the choc mint shake, but I guess I can do the same with the choc orange. Not though about doing them hot. Don't know why:confused: Will get one to try next week.

Sorry, Spangles. Forgot to say thanks too. That is why I mentioned how the tomato soup turned out. I blame diet brain or ketosis or something. :p

Bella*Vida said:
Thanks Jelliebabe.

I could't resist sneaking a peak had convinced myself it would't work for me. Slapped wrist duly noted and I promise not to keep doing it:p

So onto day 3. Banana shake was a bit disappointing and thiking of trying the tomato soup for lunch. Seen it has mixed reviews? Seem to have got into the habit of having porridge for dinner, which I am actually quite enjoying as I haven't had it since I was a kid.

No idea if ketosis is kicking in. I feel a bit tired and cold, but I am usually tired running round after the kids anyway.

Don't let me tell you off! I weigh morning and night! LOL don't get like me! :D

I've had to hide the scales now, jumped on this morning and had gained since yesterday! Don't really know how! So I've hidden them, they're not wey motivations today! :(

Hi Jelliebabe and Slim~Penguin. Had a little chuckle to myself reading your admissions about weighing yourself. I now have to confess I did it again this morning :sign0007:

Day 4 today. Did the school run and did start to feel a bit wobbly on the way back. Had my shake as soon as I got back and lots of water and feel ok now. I guess this is normal? I have been fine the last 3 days.

I am worrying a bit about the weekend though. We usually have lunch out on a Saturday, so what do you all do? Do you eat before you go, or has anyone asked for water to make up a soup in a restaurant, or do you just sit there with a shake or water or tea/ coffee? Also, I don't really want the kids to notice mummy's not eating every time we go out.

depends on the occasion/company, sometimes i just have a tea/coffee and bar, sometimes i'll have a SS+ meal, i.e. plain chicken salad.

What I did about the whole "eating out" situation is tell the kids your sharing with daddy (or who ever else is with you) and put a little bit of their food on a plate for yourself, move the food round the plate make it look like you eating. Or I take my shake with me an make it up their (if the staff get *****y about it then tell them your diabetic and need to have this shake or you'll collapse haha) then have your shake, if the kids ask why mammys not eatin then say that it's a magic drink that only mammys have and it had all your dinner mashed up inside it :)

And as for being wobbly you need to make sure your having your shake before any exercise (walking included) which is easier said then done on busy school mornings! Also lots of water to keep the body hydrated will definitely help, I keep a LR bottle on me at all times, makes the task of 2.5lrs a day less daunting! But in all honesty you'll still get wobbly now n again, but it's nothing to worry about, just your body saying "hey slow down!" :)

Thanks Sapphire and Slim!

I am on SS, so guess I will go with taking a shake and pretending to share daddy's. Like that idea! We are regulars at onebplace, so I can't threaten to collapse on the floor in a heap if they don't let me prepare something, but will keep that in mind if we go anywhere else :D

I am a bit more worried about family get togethers too. I haven't told anyone I am doing CD as it is such early days and I am doing this for myself. They will see the results eventually and no doubt ask how and why. Not sure if this is just me being a bit insecure and not wanted to be judged? I do think some people have very obscured views of VLCD's.

Back