I'm in here somewhere! My CD journey back to me.

Hi Skyesy,

I will post after I get back tomorrow and let you know. A sneaky peak tells me it should be ok but not earth shatteringly amazing. I have done it 100% though, so I know I have given the diet the best chance possible.

Hey Shelley,

Loving your scales. Think I might buy some too- job done!;)

I don't know either. I'm on SS, but have eaten eggs on the days I work out, and I munch on celery sticks when I get really hungry. However, my caloric intake with eggs and celery is 600 or less, so still very low! :)

I want to stay on this as long as I can and lose as much as I can. I also have a couple of things coming up, the most important of which is a ski week late March. I'm planning on coming off CD entirely for the week - I can't ski and have to pee at the same time! I figure these events are temporary interruptions on the journey and as long as I go right back to CD until I get to my goal, then no harm done apart from a delay in getting there. Course, I don't know what it's like to come off and go back on again - could be harder than starting for the first time.

At any rate, we've almost made it through our first weeks and I think we should all be pleased with that! Good luck everyone for tomorrow's weigh-ins!

Hi Tizzy,

Well, one thing is for certain, we will have lost weight! Curious to see how much. Waited til late to have my shake- it was that or vegetable soup which I find dreary- so I hopefully i will last out til after weigh in tomorrow morning. Though it probably won't make a difference anyway.

Lucky you going skiing. Kept thinking of jokes about going off piste!

I will ask tomorrow about going of plan and what happens when you go back on. I can't face the thought of totally missing out on celebrations, especially by birthday. Hubby is planning on taking me out, which is a rare occasion with 4 kids, and I really want to make the most of it!

End of week 1 and this morning was my much anticipated weigh in!

So in my first week I lost a grand total of..........drum roll.........

9 lbs !!! :D

So pleased and excited to carry on. I have never lost this much weight in one go and although I know that my weekly loss from now on is likely to be much less, it has really made me think differently about how achievable my goal is.

My husband and CDC both said they could already see my face has slimmed down a lot, which is a real incentive.

So, stocked up with all my favourite shakes, soups and porridge, plus a couple of bars, i am ready to carry on my journey.

Woop woop!!! Well done hunni that's fab fab fab!!! Xxx

Wow well done!!! Onwards and downwards! Here's to an easier yet still productive week xxx

Thanks Lily and Skysey!

So chuffed and ready to keep going. I know there may be the odd hiccup on the way, but we will all get there.

Bella*Vida said:
Thanks Lily and Skysey!

So chuffed and ready to keep going. I know there may be the odd hiccup on the way, but we will all get there.

You better believe it! I don't know if I could do it without this forum xxx

Exactly. It is so helpful to share with people in the same position as you, facing the same challenges. Only my hubby knows I am doing this, so it is so important to have this lifeline, with people who truly understand your journey.

Yay! Congratulations on making it through week 1 and the great loss!

I lost 8lbs for the first week, and like you, recognize that it will slow down from here. But it'll still be more and faster than if I wasn't on CD.

What did your CDC say about coming off diet? I told mine that I was eating celery from time to time when I'm hungry and for the texture and she said I shouldn't add anything to the diet. Celery is 5cal a stalk (which you use up chewing it) and miniscule carb, so I refuse to feel guilty.

So well done both of us and here's to a great week 2! :D

Thanks Tizzy.

I asked about coming of the diet for a special occasion as i have a couple coming up and my CDC said if I needed to come out of it, say, for a dinner, that I should stick to high protein and no or low carb, such as salad leaves and I I had alcohol, only small quantities and no or low citric acid and carb. She advised vodka which I don't like, but said if I like wine then a spritzer would be a better option. She said if I did this and went back to the diet the next day and upped my water, I should stay in ketosis. I was quite pleased to hear that, not that I plan on doing in regularly though.

She also said that if I got to a point where I absolutely had to eat something else, then just a small amount of protein is ok.

Bella*Vida said:
Exactly. It is so helpful to share with people in the same position as you, facing the same challenges. Only my hubby knows I am doing this, so it is so important to have this lifeline, with people who truly understand your journey.

Hi Bella - what a great first week! Really gets you motivated to carry on! This board is invaluable isn't it! Really keeps me going with inspiration and support!

Thanks Jelliebabe. How are things going with you?

Into the 2nd week now, but today it got too much for me cooking the kids dinner. Normally I would have nibbled at leftovers, but I just needed a strong taste in my mouth to take the. Raving away. My CDC said if this happened, I could have some protein, so I had a couple of slices of Quorn bacon. Less than 40 calories, but now I am obsessing about it.

What was strange was that I didn't honestly enjoy it and I would probably think twice now as to whether I really needed to do it or not.

So, looking forward to some warming porridge for dinner and day 9.

Bella*Vida said:
Into the 2nd week now, but today it got too much for me cooking the kids dinner. Normally I would have nibbled at leftovers, but I just needed a strong taste in my mouth to take the. Raving away. My CDC said if this happened, I could have some protein, so I had a couple of slices of Quorn bacon. Less than 40 calories, but now I am obsessing about it.

What was strange was that I didn't honestly enjoy it and I would probably think twice now as to whether I really needed to do it or not.

So, looking forward to some warming porridge for dinner and day 9.

I got a bit like that but was wanting pork scratchings! YUK and v high in cals! Weirdness.... made me feel sick!

Glad to hear it's not just me that is having some cravings for food with texture! I had some brussels sprouts and 3 very thin slices of chicken breast yesterday, for 130 total extra calories.

I guess some days staying on SS 100% is going to be more than tough, and the good news is that what I had is well within the bounds of SS+. Also I was full of energy and did a cardio workout of 80min (did I mention I was full of energy?). :D

Back on track today and about to enjoy some apple & cinnamon porridge (new flavour for me).

Thanks Jelliebabe and Tizzy,

Nice to know I am not alone in this. I guess in the grand scheme of things 40 or even 150 cals is not going to make a big difference for one day, when the diet is so low in calories anyway. If it stops us completely breaking the diet, then it's a good thing.

What is going on? I am on day 10 and have weighed myself, and haven't lost any weight since my weigh in on Monday?? :mad:

I have stuck to SS 100% except 40 cals worth of quorn one day. I am drinking the same amount of water too. I just don't understand.

After my 9 lbs loss in the first week, this is so disappointing. I know there are still 4 days to go, but grrrrr.

Is this normal?

Thanks Jelliebabe. I guess I just weight for the whoosh then :p

I noticed the diet ( ahem), bungs you up a bit too. Didn't have a problem with this last week either. What do you do? Whip out some Senokot??

Back