I'm in here somewhere! My CD journey back to me.

Thanks. I guess it will be slow and steady from now on. 3 lb a week will do me!

You will do fab tomorrow, looking at last week's loss! If you top 15 lbs I am coming to stay at your house to see how you are doing it ;)

Have you sneaked a peek on the scales??

Oooeeeer, have family coming to take me out to lunch today, as my birthday is coming up. Have instructions from my CDC on damage limitation, so will see how it goes.

Bit nervous about the whole eating real food thing!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not posting in a while. I am desperate to catch up and see how we are all getting on. I haven't been about for almost a week as it was my birthday. I had family visiting and lots going on with the kids too. I also have to admit to falling off the bandwagon rather massively for a couple of days :break_diet:

I won't go into the detail, but I had wine, cheese, nuts and other naughty nibbles. I know I set myself back and most likely kicked my body out of ketosis. I did enjoy it though, which I feel guilty about too.

So, long story short, I have been back on the diet since Saturday. I am weighing in tomorrow and it will have been 10 days. All I can hope for is minimum damage.

So, I am back, though hanging my head in shame. Just hope I have more control over our week away at Easter. :sigh:

Will post tomorrow to let you know how weigh in went.

Bella*Vida said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not posting in a while. I am desperate to catch up and see how we are all getting on. I haven't been about for almost a week as it was my birthday. I had family visiting and lots going on with the kids too. I also have to admit to falling off the bandwagon rather massively for a couple of days :break_diet:

I won't go into the detail, but I had wine, cheese, nuts and other naughty nibbles. I know I set myself back and most likely kicked my body out of ketosis. I did enjoy it though, which I feel guilty about too.

So, long story short, I have been back on the diet since Saturday. I am weighing in tomorrow and it will have been 10 days. All I can hope for is minimum damage.

So, I am back, though hanging my head in shame. Just hope I have more control over our week away at Easter. :sigh:

Will post tomorrow to let you know how weigh in went.

Glad you are back and back into Cambridge - I've missed your updates! Whatever you have put on will come off anyway - you might even get that first whoosh again! Xxx

Awww, thanks Shelley! How's it all going with you. Can't believe how fast a month has passed. Weigh in at 11am, so will let you know. I have been 100% since Saturday, so I am ever hopeful that I won't have set myself back too much.

Bella*Vida said:
Awww, thanks Shelley! How's it all going with you. Can't believe how fast a month has passed. Weigh in at 11am, so will let you know. I have been 100% since Saturday, so I am ever hopeful that I won't have set myself back too much.

Ooh good luck for your weigh in! I'm into my 5th week now, still pootling along with it! Keeping myself busy so I'm not really thinking about it much! Noticing a big difference in my body and how my clothes fit though which is exciting!

So, week 4 weigh in results are in. I did weigh in 3 days later this week, as I couldn't have my meeting at the usual time.

Despite my slips last week, I have still by some miracle managed to lose 3lbs! This diet really is amazing!

So 20 lbs total loss to date. Better still, I got her to measure me and I have already lost 6 inches from my waist. I couldn't believe it! :eek:

All stocked up now and ready to face week 5.

Not posted for a couple of days. Went out Friday night and had wine, so felt terrible yesterday. I know you are not supposed to drink alcohol on the diet, but it was a special occasion.

I have realized that my alcohol tolerance level is now next to zero! When I come off the plan I will no doubt only drink on high days and holidays, which is a positive thing.

Been really struggling with drinking enough water too. I think I just need to refocus, use a liter drinking bottle and stop guessing the amount. I am cross with myself as it sounds so simple, so why aren't I doing it??

Hi again! Been so bad at posting this week. One of the kids schools has broken up so I have 2 at home and don't seem to find much time to get on here. On the plus side the weather has been so fab that we have been out of the house enjoying the sun and not thinking about the diet a lot. Although the ice cream van was sooooooooo tempting! I have been meaning to try the mint choc shake ice cream made with crushed ice that you suggested before.

Anyway, been sticking with it this week and trying to up my water, so hopefully the scales will have moved a bit. Weigh in tomorrow so post gain after.

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!!! :)

Well, back from weigh in and 2.5 lb off this week. Feel ok about that as it is TOTM. Would have liked a bit more as I am on hol next week. Talked it over with CDC and her advice was to go up to step 3 for the week. I will try to keep to 2 products and a meal, as we generally eat out or with family or friends once a day. I guess if we stay in any day, I can stick to the diet. I just hope I don't lose my self control and end up going completely off track.

So, all good. The diet still seems to be working and up to 22.5 lbs loss. Really can't wait to get to the 2 stone mark and into the 10's. I can definitely see and feel the loss now. My face is a lot slimmer and I am actually starting to look more like the old me again. Weird thing to say I know, but I before I started I sometimes felt I was looking at someone else in the mirror.

Onwards and downwards!

Am so angry with myself. Had some good news on Thurs when I last posted, so hubby and I celebrated with a meal. Been ill since with a flu thing and have gone off plan in the evenings, not drunk enough water, been taking meds and sprays just to be able to feel near human. Anyway, got on the scales this morning and they are showing 4 lbs heavier! That's almost my loss over the last 2 weeks!

What horrified me even more is that we are off on holiday for a week and if I put on that amount in 4 days, how much will I have put on when I get back?? My plan was to have 2 products and one meal a day, but obviously I can't make the right choices. How on earth will I ever be able to have a normal diet if I can't control myself. I am so sad because now I can see why I got like I am now. :cry:

Whoa Bella! You have done really, really well and the reasons for your gain are listed in your post - you were off plan, didn't drink enough water and were taking medications! I imagine the combination of all those things is what resulted in your gain...and you already know how to deal with it. Back on plan and drink loads of water!! The 4lbs will come off fast! First things first tho' - I hope you are feeling better and are over the flu.

As for your holidays - it sounds like you have a plan - 2 CD + 1 meal a day. I'm sure that will work - you won't be feeling ill and on medication (I hope) and you will be drinking your fluids. You can do this and perhaps because of the past few days, you'll be more focused on doing it. I have faith in you and I'm sure things will work out - hang in there!!! :)

Hey Bella! <<<<Stern telling off voice>>>>

You have been poorly sick young lady! You can not expect to stick to CD while you are ill (although it only sounds like a bit of a slip) Most of that will be water retention too... okay telling off over but you do need to cut yourself some slack, Youve stuck to it as well as you could in the circumstances. You prolly will have a bit of a gain on holiday if you eat carbs but you know what? You probably feel better about yourself as you have lost weight before you go and you know you can get that off again when you come home...

Be kind and add up the positives XXX <<<HUGS>>>

Thanks so much Tizzy and Jelliebabe. I guess I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself. Still feeling rough and have a lovely hacking cough to add to the mix now, so I can't even get into the holiday mood. Still needing some meds, but stuck to the diet and managed to get a good 2 liters of water on top of all my other drinks today, so hopefully that will help. Got the rest of my sachets and bars packed ready to go. I don't want to throw away all my efforts so far, but at the same time I want to be able to do some of the things we always do on holiday, like a glass o wine or a nice meal out.

You both made me realize that it might well set me back a bit, but I can still move on when I get back and keep my goal in sight. I feel silly being this way only 5 weeks in when people do SS for 12 weeks without wavering. I just think that I have to be very careful, because if I slip too far then I might just think "well I've ruined it now, so what's the point?". That is how I get when I start snacking- it is almost like a massive binge.

I can't fail this time! I have to be happy in my body by summer. Sorry for moaning and thanks again for being there. I hope you guys are having a smoother journey right now.

You will definitely be able to have a glass of wine and meals out while on holiday - surely you read my diary about my ski vacation? Trust me, I ate and drank really well!! :party0051: But I also drank a lot of water and skied during the day, which I believe was key to my very small weight gain. You're planning on staying on CD in part and having dinners, so I think you will be fine! When I go to Ireland later this month, I will be doing the same as you for the week .... and I'm so anal, I'm bringing my scales with me! :)

We started CD at the same time and you're doing sooo well - I've been envious! I am sure you'll get right back on when you get back and we can continue to lose together. My week in Ireland is 18-24 April; when is your holiday?

Thanks so much Tizzy and Jelliebabe. I guess I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself. Still feeling rough and have a lovely hacking cough to add to the mix now, so I can't even get into the holiday mood. Still needing some meds, but stuck to the diet and managed to get a good 2 liters of water on top of all my other drinks today, so hopefully that will help. Got the rest of my sachets and bars packed ready to go. I don't want to throw away all my efforts so far, but at the same time I want to be able to do some of the things we always do on holiday, like a glass o wine or a nice meal out.

You both made me realize that it might well set me back a bit, but I can still move on when I get back and keep my goal in sight. I feel silly being this way only 5 weeks in when people do SS for 12 weeks without wavering. I just think that I have to be very careful, because if I slip too far then I might just think "well I've ruined it now, so what's the point?". That is how I get when I start snacking- it is almost like a massive binge.

I can't fail this time! I have to be happy in my body by summer. Sorry for moaning and thanks again for being there. I hope you guys are having a smoother journey right now.

You're doing so well - don't be so hard on yourself! This diet is so hard and there are definately going to be obstacles in our way - my first one is on 20th April when I go to Manchester for the weekend. I am just going to make the right choices for me, not just for the diet and I would suggest you do the same! The odd glass of wine on holiday is not going to undo all your hard work - look at your losses - they are brilliant! Plus you're likely to lose anything you put on in the next week with the famous woosh! You are doing brilliantly!

XXX

Hi Bella! Just checking in, tho' I think you're on holiday! Hope all is well and looking forward to hearing from you when you get back. Miss you!

Back