I'm in the zone, and it feels goood!

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
It's my third day and it's like coming home. I feel comfortable and calm. I don't know whether I'm in ketosis yet, but I don't feel hungry.

Yesterday I awoke with a headache and felt a bit sick. I guess my digestive system was a bit freaked out. Today I feel good.

I am particularly pleased that skimmed milk is now allowed. It does make a difference when I have a cup of tea.

Also, I've quickly got used to drinking the water. My CD counsellor suggested I have a glass of water in the bathroom ready to drink when I'm in the shower, to get me started for the day.

I've been sitting here wondering why I prefer not eating to eat. It does seem weird. I suppose I associate eating with negative emotions: anxiety, shame, self-disgust. Being on the dieting treadmill for so long means that I have developed an unhealthy relationship with food.

I have been seeing a psychologist for three weeks now, and it has been empowering to talk to someone about stuff in my life.

I have learned that trying to be perfect, not showing weakness, not trusting anyone, not confiding problems to friends, keeping people at arms length (to protect me), all have an effect on my ability to cope with emotions. I don't/can't deal with them, turn them inward, magnify them, and mindless eating of carbs helps to numb the unbearable feelings...until next time.

Tetra packs are particulaly good because they require no preparation and are so quick to drink down. Not like eating at all.

I am sitting here with my eyes wide open to receive the sun (if that makes any sense, it being half past midnight). I feel like a cloud, or heavy weight has been lifted. Does this strike a chord with any other miniminers? I'd like to hear your thoughts/opinions...

AJ

Also, I've quickly got used to drinking the water. My CD counsellor suggested I have a glass of water in the bathroom ready to drink when I'm in the shower, to get me started for the day.

Excellent tip and I do this myself!

Well done on getting three days done and dusted.

I am sitting here with my eyes wide open to receive the sun (if that makes any sense, it being half past midnight). I feel like a cloud, or heavy weight has been lifted. Does this strike a chord with any other miniminers? I'd like to hear your thoughts/opinions...

Once there in the zone it does seem that the clouds part in front of you as you move forward.

Can't say my diet has taken the exact same path as the last time...it seems familiar but different. For the better I may add:)

Love Mini xxx

Sounds like youre absolutely in the zone there AJ *HUGS*

Well done AJ your doing fab.

Ps Who is your counsellor?

Excellent tip and I do this myself!

Well done on getting three days done and dusted.

Once there in the zone it does seem that the clouds part in front of you as you move forward.

Can't say my diet has taken the exact same path as the last time...it seems familiar but different. For the better I may add:)

Love Mini xxx

Mornin' Mini,

"Can't say my diet has taken the exact same path as the last time...it seems familiar but different"

...I suppose that makes sense, Mini. You've been on that path before, you know the way it works, you know that it gets the results you want. The big challenge is to maintain the loss
long term.

LL was a great experience but this time I reckon I need the increased flexibility of CD.

Thanks for your good wishes, Mini. Have a great day!

AJ

AJ!

I have just started revisiting minimins as have seriously lost my way and gained weight! You know in your own head you imagine that you are the only "Failure" - that is how I climbed aboard the self destruction roller coaster!
Like you I am being kind to myself and admitting that weight gain is part of our lives and rather than let it take over, I am taking over it!
I plan a restart on Sunday - my lighterlife counsellor is fantastic and I know she will help me with some counselling.
I hope that the positivity stays with you and it rubs off on me as I read your posts!

It is lovely to come back to minimins and read the posts from familiar people xx

well done aj.
good luck with everything and be strong!! x

Great to hear you are in the zone AJ :clap: Enjoy :)

AJ!

I have just started revisiting minimins as have seriously lost my way and gained weight! You know in your own head you imagine that you are the only "Failure" - that is how I climbed aboard the self destruction roller coaster!
Like you I am being kind to myself and admitting that weight gain is part of our lives and rather than let it take over, I am taking over it!
I plan a restart on Sunday - my lighterlife counsellor is fantastic and I know she will help me with some counselling.
I hope that the positivity stays with you and it rubs off on me as I read your posts!

It is lovely to come back to minimins and read the posts from familiar people xx

Aw thank Nadine! My LL counsellor has stopped doing the programme now, but I'd already decided to try CD because it was a bit more flexible.

You're dead right about coming back to Minis, it's like slipping into a favourite pair of shoes which you'd mislaid ages ago. The lovely warm leather enveloping my old and calloused foot :eek:, and not hurting:D.

Gosh, the CD's really getting to me;).

Great to speak to you, Nadine.
AJ

Great to hear you are in the zone AJ :clap: Enjoy :)

Thanks KD!

By the way, how are you getting on with the Nicer Dicer? I see it's now on special offer at Woolies etc. £19.99 instead of £29.99? Will you get another one???:D

AJ

Well done Aj, sounds like your really really well and truly in the zone. You seem so positive and i can relate to most of what your saying.Im on week 2 of my restart have wi tomorrow.

I have a tetra and 500ml water 1st thing when i wake up cdc told me it kick starts the metabalisim!

Becky xxx

Doesn't it feel great. It's my motivation not to cheat so that I don't have to find my way back into ketosis again for 3 days.

Irene, it's always lovely to hear from you. I can't wait to see you and Kat in York.

"It's my motivation not to cheat so that I don't have to find my way back into ketosis again for 3 days"
Anisah , that's exactly right. I know some people don't feel it as strongly as others. I must be one of the lucky ones. I see you are based in Kuwait - do you have the packs sent over or is there a CD counsellor there? What's the weather like? We've had torrential rain for a couple of days here:(. I had a big leak in our garage which meant I had to do a big clearout of damaged stuff:mad:. Four trips to the tip - and I have a massive space avaiable in my car. Mind you, I can now get my car in the garage now:D.

"I have a tetra and 500ml water 1st thing when i wake up cdc told me it kick starts the metabalisim!"
Becky - I have my trusty half pint glass (courtesy of the Barnsley Real Ale Festival 1991) next to me. I keep my water in the fridge in a 2 litre jug. I have heard that chilled water takes more effort to burn calories:D. I don't know if it's true, but every bit helps, eh.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

AJ

Hi AJ!!

Just pm'd you & then found you here on Cd!! WOW!! Way to go! you sound so good and so "in the zone". I wish you could bottle this and sell it. I would buy gallons, they way I feel right now. A failure in every respect and not worth a jot. ( but thats another story)

Good luck AJ. XXXX

I am continuing to feel great, and can also feel the energy coming back.

I haven't been bothered about cooking for everyone else in the family. Maybe it's something to do with having a new kitchen fitted last week:eek:. I can't stop going in there are gazing around:D.

"I wish you could bottle this and sell it. I would buy gallons, they way I feel right now"

Sarah, I would love to be able to take 'ketosis' in pill form, better than anti-depressants:D.

AJ

Back