I'm in..........

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mutti-mum, 23 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Mutti-mum

Mutti-mum Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I need to do something and this is a start - I'm not sure what I weigh but it's a lot more than it could or should be and it's really time to do something about it. I do a lot of thinking, reading and investigating about losing weight but struggle to make it happen and I need to find the courage to join SW or WW (both are local options). know that both will be friendly and supportive but it's just taking that step through the door and admitting to myself the 'enormity' of the problem. Having read lots of posts I know I'll get some support and encouragement here - I so need to do something I'm in my 50's and I'm fed up of the embarrassment that being overweight brings. This seems like a good first step now can I make the second and attend a class (which one) this next week?
    Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sammyd

sammyd Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    orlistat
    hiya muttymum,
    well done for making the first step... good luck for the future and look forward to tracking your progress!
    im sam nice to meet you......x

4. skinny-me-at-30

skinny-me-at-30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.83%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting/exercise
    Hi mm :)

I know u are saying that you would like to go to a slimming class, but have to ever thought of doing it youself at home? like just healthy eating or cal counting? including some exercise? a fitness dvd or even just dancing around your livingroom to music for 30 mins :p hey its still exercise! hehe

i only joined here a few days ago, i had just started my healthy eating/exercise plan and i have had a wee wobble here and there but i find this site great for support, and i think it would be good for you if you try it :) plus you would save money to treat yourself once you start losing the weight.

whatever you decide, good luck :)

jane, x

5. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    Welcome along MM. How about signing up to My Fitness Pal? A lot of us doing calorie counting use it. It's free always a good price I find :) You fill in a few questions and it works out how many calories you should have a day and you can get more doing exercise.... Worth a go. If you do sign up for it I'm 1of4LittleSis..

Good luck with what ever you decide. You'll get lots of support on here :D

6. dawndesperatetoloose!

dawndesperatetoloose! Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Good luck Mutti Mum, just starting ,myself today, keep in touch and let me know how you getting on. Must be easier in numbers!!

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    It took me a long time to get through the doors of my first class but was so pleased when I did it as I found it very supportive, good luck.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.