I'm Joining LL at long last!!

Hi all, I finally met my LL counsellor today and she was lovely and will have a new group starting within the next couple of weeks:D I am sooooo happy 'cos I've wanted to join LL for about 3 years and couldn't 'cos first of all there was no counsellor in my area and then just as this counsellor started up I was then made redundant and couldn't afford it:mad: Anyway, I start the new job tomorrow and can now do it so very excited.

There is one problem however, my doctors is one of only two in my entire area that will not sign the LL forms:cry: I told LL counsellor that I was going to have it out with them about it but she says they will definitely not move. I thought I could move across the road to another drs that does sign the forms but it would probably take 8 weeks for my notes to move 300 yards and i guess they will not sign without them:sigh: So I am going to have to stump up an extra £50 for a private doctor to sign them. It has just occurred to me that private doc wont have my notes either so how come she can sign me off???

Wish me luck, I can't wait to get going.

Polly x

I don't understand how a private doc can do it, like you say, they don't have your notes.

I'm so pleased that you are finally managing to do this for yourself. I bet you can't wait to start. At least you will have had plenty of time to research and prepare yourself for the amazing journey that lies ahead.

Good luck Polly x x

Cheers Becky, yep I am raring to get going I know this is just a small hiccup but it is very frustrating.
I cannot believe that my doctors surgery is so pig headed it's not as though I'm asking to whether its ok to take part in satanic ritual is it? :eek: Also just think how much money I will be saving the NHS when I am a normal weight because of LL and don't need bp tablets anymore and will not progress to meds for my diabetes, or worse....surgery, and hopefully wont keel over from stroke or heart attack either.....it's a no-brainer really!

Polly x

Cheers Becky, yep I am raring to get going I know this is just a small hiccup but it is very frustrating.
I cannot believe that my doctors surgery is so pig headed it's not as though I'm asking to whether its ok to take part in satanic ritual is it? :eek: Also just think how much money I will be saving the NHS when I am a normal weight because of LL and don't need bp tablets anymore and will not progress to meds for my diabetes, or worse....surgery, and hopefully wont keel over from stroke or heart attack either.....it's a no-brainer really!

Polly x

hi there
it is daft really that they won't support you, hope you get it sorted.

good luck with starting LL
daisy x

Back