I'm new, just checking i'm doing it right

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by kate65, 14 February 2010 Social URL.

1. kate65

kate65 Member

Diet:
    slim fast
    hi :wave_cry: i'm Kate, I started slimfast just over a week ago and in the first week i lost 7lbs.

I do have a lot to lose so i will be here a while (i hope you'll have me)

I start the day with a shake (strawberry is the nicest for me)

another shake early afternoon

then a nice healthy dinner at around 6pm. I really do struggle to eat 600 cals though. i have a few baby new potatoes with a piece of fish or chicken and lots of veg and it never comes to 600 cals so i've been having a weight watchers yoghurt after (is this ok)

i do try to eat my 100cal snacks throughgout the day but have to admit i don't always get round to it.

im so glad i've found somewhere to post my journey

love kate xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

That sounds fine ... around 600 cals for dinner is the target but that can include a yoghurt etc. You could also try adding a bit of a sauce to the dinner (low fat creme fraice and a bit of pesto? or just a teaspoon of pesto?) to give it more cals? The idea of eating the snacks between the shakes/meals is to get you used to eating something every 2-3 hours which is good for you in the long-term .. it's best to try and get the snacks in .. a eggcup full of mixed nuts, a small portion of sunflower seeds etc can be a good way of getting the cals in. If you don't eat enough calories it could eventually start affecting your weight loss.

But good luck! Sounds like you've had a great start!

4. kate65

kate65 Member

Diet:
    slim fast
    thanks for the reply hun, i will def make more effort to eat my 3 100 cal snacks now.

i need to drink more water too. im terrible for it!

5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You're welcome :)

There are some tricks to getting more water; like adding icecubes to your shake (if cold) - people add up to 12 at a time. I add double up my choc shake by adding 200mls and coffee to make a mocha.

A glass of water before each shake and dinner is another trick/habit .. each glass is about 200 mls so it adds up before you know it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.