I'm new to CD, may I ask a couple of questions please?

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Hiya!

I'm currently day 5, started with the 790 programme rather than ss.. It's going really really well, I've lost 6lb already!!

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I was reading on here about the muffins, I tried a chocolate one last night, made it up into a paste and microwaved for 40 seconds.. It was ok.. The strawberry one I did this morning though was inedible, it tasted dreadful!! What did I do wrong?? I was wondering how much water you usually add (I added a little more this morning) and what consistency it should have when "cooked"??

Thank you!

Also wondering about any other tips with the drinks, that would be great please! I'm drinking them cold, I dont have tea or coffee anyway so am not a big fan of hot drinks! I think I read strawbery and vanilla mixed was nice, any other tips like that would be great!

Lastly (sorry, I know it seems lots of questions!), how much weight a week do you think I'll lose on the 790 programme? I get married in 11 weeks and my dress is about 3 inches too small... I went to try it on again this morning and it hadn't come in at all, not helped by the fact I got back from eurodisney the day before starting the cd and had put 6lb on while there (so have at least lost that already, goodness knows what the dress would have been like otherwise).. Its such a beautiful dress and I can't wait to wear it, but I dont know if it will fit!! I will stick to this 100%, what am I likely to achieve in 11 weeks? I weigh 12st 4 now and am 5'5..

Thank you very much

xx

Hiya, I and Tiara Maker do the 790 and our average weight loss is around a stone a month very similar to SSing.

So good luck, I think you should easily fit into your beautiful dress.

xxx

Wow, a stone a month? Thank you! If I could lose 2 stone I'd be happy but that would give me just over two and a half stone!

Do you eat much fruit on 790? I think I need to really read through the books again, not too sure what I should and shouldn't be having by the sound of it!

noooooooooo!! no fruit on 790!! knocks you right out of ketosis that does?!

Hrm...for the drinks...there is a recipe thread as a sticky at the top of the forum.

As Caz said...1 stoneish a month is about right...perhaps a little less. I love 790...my fave!!

no idea about the muffin...I have a dislike for the strawberry though.....do you like it normally?

not sure how your dress will fit...it depends where you lose your weight from........hopefully it shall be gorgeous!!

good luck!!

xxx

No fruit????? :(

Hmmmmm....... Baffled as to how I've lost so much this week then so far as I've munched loads of it!

ok, will read my books again, thank you!

Well done on your weight loss so far!

I was reading in a magazine the other day (this weeks first or woman I think) about a bridal boot camp thing were they get you fit to get into your wedding dress!! It might be worth taking a look at though because it has a section on exercises to help with different types of dresses - ie strapless, or waist clinching!!

Good Luck x

thank you both lisaloooo and tash!!

Bridal boot camp sounds great, not sure how much of an option it would be for me at the moment though.. Fitness isn't a problem (I ran a half marathon a few weeks ago and am meant to be running another at the end of may and the end of june) but at the moment I cant even walk properly.. I slipped on a wet floor at work and have stirred up an old knee injury (ruptured ligaments previously) so have gone from doing running 3 or 4 times a week (total of 20+ miles each week) and swimming 3 times a week (70 lengths + each time) to being able to do absolutely nothing... I managed to do a three mile walk with the dog a few days ago and was so proud, although usually walking 20 miles in a day would have posed no problem a few weeks ago..

So am healing my knee as well as trying to lose weight! Getting into my dress wouldn't have been a problem without my knee injury - indeed the dress has already come in by nearly two inches!! It's just progress is going to be a bit harder now!!

I find with the muffins it is best to mix it with as little water as possible, a really stiff mixture gives the best muffins, and i cook mine in a mug, the thinner the better, found it works much better than a ramekin. I blast mine for 1min 40 or 50, but might just be because I have a rubbish microwave! Hope that helps!

Julia x

thank you juju_doll, will try that!

coley, I'm so sorry, I hadn't seen your post until now! Thank you, I'm off to have a look!

Back