I'm new to Slim and Save, just wanted to say Hi :)

concretedaisy

Hi, I'm Rebekah and I'm hopefully starting my S&S journey tomorrow (if it arrives early enough lol). I ordered a weeks worth through their site, but I have just ordered 8 weeks worth through their ebay site because it worked out about £50 cheaper (plus i have to do if i've already paid for it lol). I'm currently a shocking 17.13stone! :cry: Hoping to get down to about 11, but that seems impossible atm!
I tried a similar meal replacement diet a few years ago and lost a few stone but really struggled with not eating. I remember one easter at my in-laws crying because of all the food put out that i couldnt eat...i hadnt really realised what a hold food had over me until then, and i made the mistake of not telling them i was sole sourcing, which didnt really help! Going to try and not get so nutty and emotional this time lol. Unfortunately, not eating really does seem to be the only thing that works for me, no other diets make any difference :(
How is everyone else finding it? The 8 weeks worth I ordered have all banana bars, and seen as i dont like bananas i think they might be a chore lol
Anyway, I hope everyones doing well, I'd love to hear your stories of how your getting on!
Rebekah x

Welcome Rebekah. We're a small but friendly group here. My start weight was similar to yours and I'm approaching 2 stone lost now, and it does work if you stick to it as you'll know from before. I don't know what options you've gone from apart from the banana bars but most of us like the spag bol as an evening meal. Maybe you should ask if Rob will send you a sample packet to see if you like it before ordering some?

The banana bars go out of date at end Nov which I think is why they're going cheap at the moment but I'm sure they'll be fine beyond then. I like them but then I do like bananas :)

Good luck on your start tomorrow and let us know how you're doing.

Welcome. I've just done my 2nd week and the flavours are yummy.
It is hard when food is central to family get togethers but could you maybe have a low card option? Total abstinence and feeling pants afterwards is tough and you just need to find what works for you. Food does have a hold, like an addiction because I turn to eat when emotions run riot and the reason I need to have food replacement but I can't miss out on a social meal. With my immediate family, it doesn't bother me to take a bar along because we usually have chaos with a 2 and 6 year old. Blimey, if food didn't have a hold then I wouldn't be in this mess. Still, onwards and upwards
Good luck with getting through your 1st day and try to fill up on water.

Hi, I'm Rebekah and I'm hopefully starting my S&S journey tomorrow (if it arrives early enough lol). I ordered a weeks worth through their site, but I have just ordered 8 weeks worth through their ebay site because it worked out about £50 cheaper (plus i have to do if i've already paid for it lol). I'm currently a shocking 17.13stone! :cry: Hoping to get down to about 11, but that seems impossible atm!
I tried a similar meal replacement diet a few years ago and lost a few stone but really struggled with not eating. I remember one easter at my in-laws crying because of all the food put out that i couldnt eat...i hadnt really realised what a hold food had over me until then, and i made the mistake of not telling them i was sole sourcing, which didnt really help! Going to try and not get so nutty and emotional this time lol. Unfortunately, not eating really does seem to be the only thing that works for me, no other diets make any difference :(
How is everyone else finding it? The 8 weeks worth I ordered have all banana bars, and seen as i dont like bananas i think they might be a chore lol
Anyway, I hope everyones doing well, I'd love to hear your stories of how your getting on!
Rebekah x

Welcome, but I must point something out... the ones on ebay are cheaper because they are the economy ones, if you ordered the vanilla one's then please, please beware. I ordered a weeks worth and literally feel sick and it's only been day 5 for me and I am eating spagh bol and bars too, it's just the vanilla one's literally do taste a bit like ready break/play doh but do bring upon an immense sick feeling too, make sure to buy some premium shakes from their site so you can split it all up (ie: 2 vanilla, 1 strawberry) so it's not as sickening.

Good luck with it!

Welcome Rebekah. We're a small but friendly group here. My start weight was similar to yours and I'm approaching 2 stone lost now, and it does work if you stick to it as you'll know from before. I don't know what options you've gone from apart from the banana bars but most of us like the spag bol as an evening meal. Maybe you should ask if Rob will send you a sample packet to see if you like it before ordering some?

The banana bars go out of date at end Nov which I think is why they're going cheap at the moment but I'm sure they'll be fine beyond then. I like them but then I do like bananas :)

Good luck on your start tomorrow and let us know how you're doing.

Well done on your 2 stone loss, thats amazing :) how long has that taken you? My weeks worth came this morning so started it today. So far i've had a strawberry shake, some salad (is 200g ok to have every day?), a banana bar and still got another shake to go! The banana bar kind of reminds me of nesquik milkshake so not too bad, but a bit hard going seen as not a fan of bananas lol got 8 weeks worth of them...hmm oh well lol! Was nice being able to sit and eat salad while my husband had his normal tea, didn't feel deprived like the last time I did a vlcd :)
unfortunately i cant have the meals, the only meat i eat is chicken and i really dislike soup so looks like its shakes all the way lol

Welcome, but I must point something out... the ones on ebay are cheaper because they are the economy ones, if you ordered the vanilla one's then please, please beware. I ordered a weeks worth and literally feel sick and it's only been day 5 for me and I am eating spagh bol and bars too, it's just the vanilla one's literally do taste a bit like ready break/play doh but do bring upon an immense sick feeling too, make sure to buy some premium shakes from their site so you can split it all up (ie: 2 vanilla, 1 strawberry) so it's not as sickening.

Good luck with it!

Hi, thanks for the welcome :) I tried a strawberry shake today and that was ok, really sweet tho but i think i'll get used to that. Might try the honeycomb in a bit, that sounds like it should be yummy! The ones i got off ebay are a mix, so at least if the vanilla ones are terrible i wont have to stomach too many of them! is there a difference between the silver and white packs? the weeks worth i got today came half white and half silver, no idea why lol! i dont feel at all hungry today though so i'm feel optimistic that i'll be able to stick to it! Are you finding it easy to stick to so far? x

Well done on your 2 stone loss, thats amazing :) how long has that taken you? My weeks worth came this morning so started it today. So far i've had a strawberry shake, some salad (is 200g ok to have every day?), a banana bar and still got another shake to go! The banana bar kind of reminds me of nesquik milkshake so not too bad, but a bit hard going seen as not a fan of bananas lol got 8 weeks worth of them...hmm oh well lol! Was nice being able to sit and eat salad while my husband had his normal tea, didn't feel deprived like the last time I did a vlcd :)
unfortunately i cant have the meals, the only meat i eat is chicken and i really dislike soup so looks like its shakes all the way lol

Thanks. I'm on week 8 this week but I did have a week off for a holiday and then a week to get back to where I left off so 6 weeks really. I think you'll find that the meals are suitable for vegetarians as they are soya and don't contain meat. I'm with you with the soup - I'm not really a fan. I do have a bit of salad but don't have 200g every day personally, more like 100g. Sometimes I have spag bol and some veg - depends on my mood :) I like the spag bol and some veg - feels like eating real food :)

is there a difference between the silver and white packs? the weeks worth i got today came half white and half silver, no idea why lol! i dont feel at all hungry today though so i'm feel optimistic that i'll be able to stick to it! Are you finding it easy to stick to so far? x

The silver ones are the economy ones and the white ones (strawberry, vanilla, chocolate and banana only) are premium shakes.

Welcome. I've just done my 2nd week and the flavours are yummy.
It is hard when food is central to family get togethers but could you maybe have a low card option? Total abstinence and feeling pants afterwards is tough and you just need to find what works for you. Food does have a hold, like an addiction because I turn to eat when emotions run riot and the reason I need to have food replacement but I can't miss out on a social meal. With my immediate family, it doesn't bother me to take a bar along because we usually have chaos with a 2 and 6 year old. Blimey, if food didn't have a hold then I wouldn't be in this mess. Still, onwards and upwards
Good luck with getting through your 1st day and try to fill up on water.

I think my problems always been eating when im upset or bored but i know i've got to get to grips with it now. i've come to the realisation that even if it makes me feel a bit better at the time, i feel even worse afterwards! Also, weekend takeways are a big problem lol - but i figure once ive lost the weight i can have the occasional take away, just not every sat night lol.
It's my wedding anniversery at the end of the month so we are going out for a meal then, so i'm hoping i can have a day off, be sensible about it, then start again :/ heres hoping!
How have you found your first two weeks? x

Thanks. I'm on week 8 this week but I did have a week off for a holiday and then a week to get back to where I left off so 6 weeks really. I think you'll find that the meals are suitable for vegetarians as they are soya and don't contain meat. I'm with you with the soup - I'm not really a fan. I do have a bit of salad but don't have 200g every day personally, more like 100g. Sometimes I have spag bol and some veg - depends on my mood :) I like the spag bol and some veg - feels like eating real food :)

If they are soya that would be so amazing! I'll have a look on the site now and maybe see if i can get a free sample. I've just spend like £200 so you would have thought they might do :) Did you find it easy starting back on it after your week off? x

If they are soya that would be so amazing! I'll have a look on the site now and maybe see if i can get a free sample. I've just spend like £200 so you would have thought they might do :) Did you find it easy starting back on it after your week off? x

If you can't find it the nutritional info is here:

Vlcd Nutritional Information

Getting back on was surprisingly easy (although I felt very hungry the first 2 days) but as I have packs that I actually like on this diet I didn't find it too much of a chore and I know it's working which is a great motivator :)

Hi, thanks for the welcome :) I tried a strawberry shake today and that was ok, really sweet tho but i think i'll get used to that. Might try the honeycomb in a bit, that sounds like it should be yummy! The ones i got off ebay are a mix, so at least if the vanilla ones are terrible i wont have to stomach too many of them! is there a difference between the silver and white packs? the weeks worth i got today came half white and half silver, no idea why lol! i dont feel at all hungry today though so i'm feel optimistic that i'll be able to stick to it! Are you finding it easy to stick to so far? x

Sorry it took so long to reply... the white one's are premium and the silver ones are economy, lucky you got a mix from ebay, I only saw vanilla on there last. good luck! ^^

Hi concretedaisy, how are you finding this diet?
Shouldn't be a problem to have a night off to celebrate. You could always do the Atkins choice of meals to keep you in ketosis. I think the wine would knock me out of ketosis. As long as you are determined to get straight back on track. Anyway, you have plenty of time to think about that.

Hi concretedaisy, how are you finding this diet?
Shouldn't be a problem to have a night off to celebrate. You could always do the Atkins choice of meals to keep you in ketosis. I think the wine would knock me out of ketosis. As long as you are determined to get straight back on track. Anyway, you have plenty of time to think about that.

Hi, its going really well so far! not had the whole 'all i can think of is food' thing either, so thats definately a good thing! unfortunately its 'totm' so guessing i wont have lost any this week but hopefully will have a bit loss next week! How's it going for you?

Hi Concrete daisy ! I think I saw somewhere about the spag bol being vegetarian~ yes it is im a vegaterain too so was well pleased when Rob said they were meat free !!!! !This is my second week and ahve found it easier than when I did the cambridge Diet a few yesasr ago and I think its because theres a much better variety ~ I must say I bought some choc mint shakes and they aren't particularly nice as they are the economy ones . 2nd Wi in tom will I sleep tonite wondering how much ive lost ?...I don't know !lol x

How did your 1st day go? You'll be feeling much better after the weekend :)

Hi Concrete daisy ! I think I saw somewhere about the spag bol being vegetarian~ yes it is im a vegaterain too so was well pleased when Rob said they were meat free !!!! !This is my second week and ahve found it easier than when I did the cambridge Diet a few yesasr ago and I think its because theres a much better variety ~ I must say I bought some choc mint shakes and they aren't particularly nice as they are the economy ones . 2nd Wi in tom will I sleep tonite wondering how much ive lost ?...I don't know !lol x

hi :) i emailed rob about them, and he sent more some samples which came this morning! had the spag bol tonight with some veg, was really filling - was quite suprised! when i tipped it in the pan and it looked like a small pot noodle i was a little unsure but i actually quite liked it! nice to have a 'proper' meal too lol! Good luck on your 2nd WI tomorrow! Let me know how youve got on :) I cant wait for my first one, tuesday seems like ages away lol! xx

How did your 1st day go? You'll be feeling much better after the weekend :)

heya, its going really well so far! so much easier than similar things ive tried in the past - had a bit of a sneaky look on the scales and lost 2lbs despite it being totm so was really happy by that! just got to not weigh again til tues for my first official weigh in now lol.

Back