Im not sure SW suits my body!

jaffacat

Hi
I joined a couple of weeks ago, have followed the plan 100%(consultant checked)
1st Weigh in lost 4.5lb (no syns)
2nd weigh in lost 2lb (small no of syns on 2 days)
This week (since tue weigh in) Ive had a couple of syns on a couple of days.

I am following the plan 100% and eating SF/S foods at every meal, drinking loads of water. I dont do much exercise but that is because I sit down at work all day - do some steps on my stepper when I have time (but peopel say this plan works even without exercise).

Its just that I dont feel hungry most of the time & sometimes struggle to eat at lunchtime cause im just not feeling hungry. People say eat to help burn the fat down so I do eat something.

Consultant says im doing it all right, it just doesnt feel right to me (being bloated and not hungry).

Anyone else felt like this? Anyone got any ideas to help?

Thanks in advance Lisa x (really need to lose 7stone so feel as if it isnt going to be possible at this rate).

I too do slimming world and sometimes I do struggle but my consultant always says that you have to have some syns every day.
I do know it can be slower if I don't have some.
Even if you do decide this isnt the one for you keep with the dieting. I too have lots to loose. Together we can do it.

Ah thanks. Yes really need to shift it but it's hard staying positive when you dont think it's right (not being hungry doesnt feel right - being on a diet!)
Good luck to you to x

First - chin up! You can do it! :)

Second, you're not following the plan 100% if you're not having your syns - the plan is 5-15 syns a day, so you need to have minimum five. It helps keep the metabolism going, and helps keep you motivated to eat a little of what you fancy. I tend to have extra healthy extras or spend my syns on stuff to go with my meals, so it's not like you have to eat chocolate if you don't want to.

And third, if you've lost 6.5 pounds in two weeks, it sounds like you're doing great to me! Just half a pound and you'll have your first half a stone. Don't be disheartened just because you haven't had an enormous first week loss - if you stick to plan, and lose 2lbs a week (recommended losses for any diet are 1-2lb a week), over the course of a year you'd lose 104 pounds - seven stone six. Doesn't sound so bad if you think of it that way, does it? :D

I am really finding it difficult to see what the problem is. In your first week you lost four and a half pounds, which is brilliant and most people would be delighted. In your second week you lost two pounds which is the kind of loss we all aim for every week. Again, most people would be delighted.

Feeling a bit bloated happens sometimes when you change the way you eat, and this will settle down.

You are following the plan and you aren't feeling hungry. Well, that's OK, you aren't supposed to feel hungry on SW - it isn't a diet, it is an eating plan for the rest of your life.

Give it a chance, you are doing so well so far.

I lost 4.5lbs in my first week and 2lbs in my second week too! I'm thrilled with this! That's nearly half a stone in just two weeks! (and hopefully I will pass the half stone benchmark tomorrow night!)...I think you should be pleased with yourself! You've lost nearly half a stone in just two weeks, not gained or STS...that's a great achievement!

My consultant (and others I have spoken too) say it is actually healthier to be losing between 1 and 2 lbs each week rather than massive losses as you will yoyo up and down...so don't worry.

Some days I feel incredibly bloated, but then other days I feel better - it's just your body adjusting and completely natural. Just eat when you're hungry, and when you eat make sure you stick to the plan. If you're on EE, just make sure you get both of your Healthy A and B and between 5 and 15 syns each day...and your 1/3 superfree with each meal and you'll continue to get great results! (Making sure you have the syns is important, especially at the start cos then you can drop them later on if you need to).

Stick with it! :)

Head over to The Really Slow Weight Loss Team if you want to feel better about your weight loss.

Some of us on there struggle to lose even a pound a month. Really - try to be happy because you are actually doing so well. :)

Also I never understand this thing about not having syns.

Don't people sometimes want a bit of gravy, ketchup, sauce etc - it's not all about wine and chocolates is it?

Back