I'm not sure this is working

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kokokisses, 23 May 2010 Social URL.

1. kokokisses

kokokisses FatGirlSlim

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(23.44%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I've been on lipotrim for god knows how long and lost approximately on average between 3 and 4lb a week. I've now been on Cambrige Diet for three weeks on the SS+ and this week it looks like i've only lost 1lb... i know its still a loss but it's making me feel like i shouldn't be having any food at all. And that if i did start eating normally again I'd pile the weight back on!!! Reasurance is greatly needed. Is it just my body adjusting to the slightly higher calorie intake?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

Not sure this will help but I have always had same losses on SS or SS+ (but then I have 4 packets on SS so SS+ is 3 and a meal, therefore probably not that many more calories).

Is the content of the Lipotrim packets the same? As in the proportion of proteins/carbs? Otherwise maybe your body is having to get used to a new 'product' first and is a bit confused.

Sorry can't be much help. Even on SS+ you have to lose as it's so low calorie, so would guess it's just an adjustment.

I did CD a few years ago and lost 5 stone. I couldn't deal with the return to food as they advised (calorie counting) so just ate sensibly (went for low carb diet) and didn't put any back on initially, other than a couple of pounds of water. It was fine, don't worry, eating again will just make you change the way your body uses fuel (what you eat and not fat) so you won't put weight back on (for me, I have an eating disorder I didn't deal with, hence the weight gain).

Maxie

4. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Hiya hun, if it's any help both times I've started CD I had low losses on wk 3. First time was 3lbs following 9lbs and 7lbs, then this time it was 1lb following 6lbs and 3lbs. I think at week 3 your body is working out whats going on and hangs onto weight a bit, then the following week it goes back to normal. Keep at it and it should pick up again.

5. beinggood

beinggood Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I just had a low loss on my week 3 as well ... I only lost 1lb after losing 7lb & 3lb so dont be disheartened too much. Stick at it... where would you be without the weight loss plan?

6. kokokisses

kokokisses FatGirlSlim

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(23.44%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I lost an extra 1lb overnight!!! So i lost 2lb this week....I'm over the moon again...it might not be as much as I am used to but it's enough to make me happy again!!!! Thanks everyone for your replies. Sometimes I just need the support. xxx

7. SaraF

SaraF Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    My CDC said some weeks you'll lose loads and some weeks you won't lose much. I've lost 2 stone in the 1st two weeks and my CDC said my weight loss could become more stabalised from the 3rd week.

8. BeckyN

BeckyN Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.36%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    if you look at the losses over a month I think is the best way (though doesn't always seem so at the time)

x

9. tulip2

tulip2 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've had weeks where I've lost half a pound AND had no change in my measurements - but usually there would be a big drop in both the following week, just grit your teeth and your body will catch up xx

10. kokokisses

kokokisses FatGirlSlim

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(23.44%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks everyone...after i realised those 2lb helped me get into the overweight category i was over the moon. and even if i do just lose 1lb a week it all adds up! I just need to be positive on a bad day xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.