Im on weight watchers but am thinking of trying slimming world - advice please :o)

mylittlepony1

Hi everyone

This is my first post on here, hope you are all well :eek:)

Ive been doing weight watchers for 3 years and have lost 4 and half stone.. im having trouble getting the last stone off and have hit a platue - i definantly dont want to reagin any of the weight. I have how ever gained 7lbs since november - so need a kick start.

Has anyone done weight watchers then changed to slimming world? if so have you had success and is SW easy to follow?

Thanks x:)

when I did WW i hated it, I thought there was a lot more flexibility in what you could eat with slimming world.
I am thinking about starting slimming world again but now sure :) x

I did WW once, a long time ago.
I could never eat all of my points and disliked having to measure most things.
SW is honestly the best thing that I did. Big emphasis on cooking from scratch and relatively little measuring.
You can always take some of your WW knowledge over - eg portion size, but to be honest, I'm not sure how much difference that will really make (I eat big portions!).
I love SW - it has made a huge difference, not only to me, but also to the way that my whole family eat.
Good luck with your decision. x

Hi there my name is julia and I am in the process of that move now I lost 2 stone with ww last year but fell into a rut when they changed to pro points I found it hard so I joined sw in january and love the freedom of not weighing everything only had 2 weigh in so far lost 3lbs then last week sts so still a long way to go good luck with your journey I think its worth a try : julia

Hi, I also did ww a while ago and lost 4 stones. There's no doubt that it works, but I found it v hard towards the end as it seemed the more weight I lost, the less I was allowed to eat so I felt a bit hard done by! I was always hungry. It's very different on sw. If u r hungry then yr doing something wrong! There r no banned foods, and loads of food u can eat freely. It's not a quick fix tho, and u can probably expect a loss of around 1 - 2 lbs a week, but in fairness most of the time u won't feel like yr on a diet. It takes a wk or 2 to get the,hang of it, mite be a bit overwhelming at first, but yr c should b helpful, and u can get loads of help on here too.
You've done so well so far, sounds as if u just got a bit stuck in a rut and need a change.
Let us know what u decide to do. Good luck x.

I went from ww to sw and would never go back I also like the big portions so then I don't need the junk in-between to fill up on,I found with ww I could only have 18 points so was going to bed at 9 cause I was hungry lol

kazpeza said:
I went from ww to sw and would never go back I also like the big portions so then I don't need the junk in-between to fill up on,I found with ww I could only have 18 points so was going to bed at 9 cause I was hungry lol

I did he same...lol. Never was interested in red and green days but now the EE is here its great and better than SW. Like everyone says you can eat and eat on SW but your eating the free foods. Still can't believe a english brekkie is FREE! He heee.my type of healthy eating.

I have done both. Sw is much better.

In your opinion but I bet thousands would disagree

I LOVE WW but SW just didnt work for me.. WW every time

I too did both, but being really picky with my food didn't work well with SW ad a lot of the free-foods I wouldn't eat!

mylittlepony1 said:
Hi everyone

Ive been doing weight watchers for 3 years and have lost 4 and half stone.. im having trouble getting the last stone off and have hit a platue - i definantly dont want to reagin any of the weight. I have how ever gained 7lbs since november - so need a kick start.

Has anyone done weight watchers then changed to slimming world? if so have you had success and is SW easy to follow?

Well i did weight watchers and it made me start to obsess about everything I too spent a number of years on ww but what i started to do was obsess over food and it was verging on an eating disorder my weight was creeping up so I decided to try slimming world extra easy and i love it minimal weighing and counting and family friendly I can do this long term I'm happy on sw and i feel better than I have in a long time if I'm hungry I can eat and not worry about any points I love it give it a go for a month if its not for you you can always go back to ww

mylittlepony1 said:
Hi everyone

I didn't go straight from weight watchers to slimming world but I have done ww I find slimming world a lot easier and I'm full up all the time I was hungry a lot on ww. Sw is the easiest diet I've ever done its great x

Sw is easier if you like to cook and lots of staple main food stuff are free. Ww is easier for real life as u eat anything within ur points...i prefer ww even though lost weight on both...more thinking needed with sw ...for me ww...when my fractured heel recovers i hope to get back to it.:)

i hated ww felt it was too easy to only bad foods and count the points, SW is easier to stick to long term good luck whatever you decide x

I love slimming world, with weight watchers, I dont know..Its more expensive and plus they charge you to access online stuff. Its only £5 a week with slimming world and the leader always brings in food aswell and does demos like chips and low fat cake etc. I didnt get this with weight watchers at all, I couldnt help but think all they care about is money from you. I think its more realistic with slimming world, I love the free food you can have, and you dont have to worry about counting points, after a week its so easy you dont have to remember alot (like weighing) alot of people said to me they prefer slimming world

Slimming world is a long life eating plan it teaches how to eat for life no counting just a bit bit of measuring H.A. Extra easy all the way for me 3 stone off 1 to go.

It has to be sw all the way, no weighing food, you can fill upon free foods and its a lot more easier if eating out. I did ww but constantly adding up points is,a bit of a chore, extra easy is the best plan to follow. Good luck which ever you choose.

Back