I'm really confused about bra sizes! HELP!!

Caz

Repeat Offender
Because I've been losing inches I thought I'd use my measurements to work out my bra size. I've never been measured before and have just kind of tried on bras and guessed. But now I'm really confused! I thought I was a B cup, but then from my measurements, the two guides I've been looking at show I'm a D-DD which DEFINITELY isn't right!! What am I doing wrong?!

Wait.... is it the difference between your bust measurement and back measurement, or bust measurement and the back size....? So if my back is 40in, is it on 40in or the back/bra size of 44?

You need to go and get measured properly as it's impossible to guess your size. It will make a hiuge difference to your shape and you'll feel a million dollars when you're in the right size. If you're worried about getting measured.......they measure you with your own bra on and remember they see all shapes and sizes all the time and really don't care what you look like.

Go get measured, you'll feel better after it, promise xxx

Yeah that's what I'm going to do but just trying to get an idea!

I'm going to get measured, but when I've lost a bit more weight! Wouldn't feel comfortable taking my top off in front of anyone at the moment!

I go to bravissimo for my bras as im a 32EE but will need to get re measured next month i reckon.
Get it done professional maybe? x

You're funny. When ever i've measured myself around the bust and lost inches it's still never what they end up measuring. When are ya gonna go? xxx I really need to, keep adjusting mine smaller and smaller which is nice but can't wait to get new ones. This shrinking thing gets expensive :0) x

I was a 36d or 36dd depending on where i bought them from before but went to m+s couple weeks ago and thought i'd try 34d as have lost inches but was sooo way off the mark, ended up fitting into a 38c!! Now figure that one out cos i can't!! Unless it was the style or something?? kinda understand maybe going down a cup size but to then go up in backsize?!?

Hun seriously, you'll never see the person measuring you again and if you do she's a total stranger. It's really worth it. You'll be in your cubicle, so it's all private. You just have to try not to care what other peple think. It'll give you more confidence when you are in the right size. I was the very same when I started getting fitted and I don't exactly love it now but its sssssssssssoooooooooooooo worth it. xxx

Ok what you need to do is...
Firstly measure your back - say this is 30 inches. You then need to add 4 inches to this, to get your back size - so it would be 34 inches. (If it was 31 inches, an odd number, you add 5 inches, so it would be 36 inches.)
Then you measure round the fullest part of your bust to get your bust size. Say this is 40 inches. You then need to work out the difference in inches between your back size and bra size, and this gives you your cup size.

EG.

A - 0 inch difference
B - 1 inches
C - 2 inches
D - 3 inches
DD - 4 inches
E - 5 inches
F - 6 inches
G - 7 inches

Etc etc. So with a 34 inch back, and a 40 inch bust size, you would have a cup size of 34E.
That's just a guide that might give you an indication, but everyone is right you should get it done professionally. The women who do it see people EVERY day with their top off, they've seen fat people thin people people with breasts big, small, wonky, saggy, the lot! lol, they honestly won't care.
Wearing the correct bra size is important to support your breasts and stop premature sagging as well. They also recommend what sort of bras you should wear depending on the shape of your breasts.

British Claire, my friend wore a 36C for years, got it done professionally and they gave her a 32E lol!

It's easy....tiny, small, large, huge......and humungous!!! xxxx (I'm still humungous btw.....) xxx

So it is from after you've added the inches. That's my mistake then! Maybe I do still need a boob job after all!!!

Luci, i've so just gone and measured myself according to your system.. But it's not working for me. I can't have gone from a DD to an A. I've been an A before so i know what it looks like. Ahhhhhhhh, Caroline I'm so gonna go get measured on Saturday. I'm curious now xx

That is the system that I see everywhere though, so I thought it was right...

Probably is! Altho the new way now is they litterally just look at you without meausuring. i can't wait to see what i am now....how funny. Altho I do seem a lot smaller....hum!!! why are boobs always the first thing to go!!!!! i'd rather it was my bum, hips, muffin tops......anywhere but the boobs. Altho I'd prefer padded bra's and slim than normal bra's and fat!!!!! xxx

I'm not allowed to go smaller!! If I go smaller I'll just cry!!!!

Hmm, well according to that theory Luci-de-Milo, i should be 36dd which is what i've been buying for a few years now, that or 36d in some shops.. so i guess it must've been the bra style of the one i bought to somehow make the 38c fit.. weird.. just goes to show that you need to try them on as just pickin your size up and assumin it'll fit is not always going to work!

Because I've been losing inches I thought I'd use my measurements to work out my bra size. I've never been measured before and have just kind of tried on bras and guessed. But now I'm really confused! I thought I was a B cup, but then from my measurements, the two guides I've been looking at show I'm a D-DD which DEFINITELY isn't right!! What am I doing wrong?!

Pop to Debenhams or M & S and get measured - i did a year ago - i'd been wearing a 40 c for a few years and i was in fact a 38 E!!!

Back