I'm so ashamed

chuckles

Hi everyone,

I did Cambridge a few years ago and lost over 4 stone. Unfortunately I just stopped attending my CDC and started back with my old habits. I returned to CDC last night and had my weigh in. I was absolutely mortified what the scales read. I have put on 6 stone. I actually cried and I don't think my councellor knew what to do!

Anyway, I'll probably be on here a lot now as I am going to need the support. I don't care how hard these next few weeks are going to be. I can't give up. Im extremely overweight and a smoker which doesn't help :(

This is one of the very few forums you can go on and everyone is nice so i know i can say things and not be told "just eat less and exercise more" - that drives me nuts!

Anyway, hope to speak to some of you soon xx

Welcome back Chuckles and well done for coming back! I've been there and done.........this time hoping never to have to resort to CWP to lose weight as my aim is to learn how to maintain.

As you know you'll receive amazing support here!

Thanks Kira.

Ive just called the doctor to make an appointment to have my blood pressure checked and for some help with quitting smoking. I know its a big ask trying to quite smoking and also not eating, but I was genuinly scared when i saw the scales last night.

To be honest, this has been a long time coming, looking back i knew i was struggling when i had to walk long distances and my chest would feel like it was on fire sometimes. I think this is the shock i needed.

I don't have an active job (office job where im pretty much typing for 8 hours a day). I need to try and motivate myself to get out at lunch times and just go quickly round the block. Its so easy to just stay at the computer and go on the internet.

chuckles said:
Thanks Kira.

Ive just called the doctor to make an appointment to have my blood pressure checked and for some help with quitting smoking. I know its a big ask trying to quite smoking and also not eating, but I was genuinly scared when i saw the scales last night.

To be honest, this has been a long time coming, looking back i knew i was struggling when i had to walk long distances and my chest would feel like it was on fire sometimes. I think this is the shock i needed.

I don't have an active job (office job where im pretty much typing for 8 hours a day). I need to try and motivate myself to get out at lunch times and just go quickly round the block. Its so easy to just stay at the computer and go on the internet.

Hi chuckles - have been there too, take one day at a time. I sit at a desk all day and sometimes I sit for so long when I stand up I can hear my feet say "ouch"! Good luck :)

Awww hun i know JUST how you feel.

I started CDC 2years ago at 20stone and lost 3stone and then had to come off the diet as i could no longer afford it. I went back to my lovely CDC and when i got on the scales i had blown up to 24.7... i also cried when i seen how much weight i had put on! If it was as easy as eat less and exercise then i am sure everyone would be slim eh! But in one way you are going to be eating less... in my case eating nothing at all hahahaah :D We are all here in the same boat and u can always rely on Minimins to give you fantastic support :) Hope to see you around the site more :) xxx

Aww thanks guys.
Im 19 stone exactly now. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Im not thinking about being hungry, I'm just going to keep my head down today and keep busy. The first day doesn't bother me, it'll be day 2 and 3 that i will want to kill someone lol.

Everytime i feel like caving in, i'll be on here. i have the app on my phone, which i think is really going to help me when i am out and about. i can just log on and hopefully it will give me strength to carry on!

I love seeing how much weight everyone has lost (even if i am a little bit jealous lol).

xxx

Hi chuckles - good luck - let this year be your year :) I'm on day 16 of no smoking & day 9 of ss as like you I'm determined to get myself healthy this year :)

Hi Lucylockett - Im dreading giving up smoking as well as dieting, but i know its not impossible. It'll be hell for a few weeks, but I'm sure it will subside sooner or later.

Hello Chuckles!!

I too have managed to loose 4.5 stone in 2009 and now back and have 6.5 stone to loose....... I was also gutted that I ended up heavier than when I started!

I wish you all the best for giving up smoking and loosing the weight - I am sure you will do it!

I am on the team skinny beatchs and you are welcome to come and join us, to share your journey, give and receive support! Many of us have just started (or restarted) our journey!

Bethan xx

all the best with the diet hun and with quitting smoking. i think you have made two very wonderful decisions and everyone here is gonna support you every step of the way xxxx

Hi chuckles - ps. I'm not sure if you have tried to give up smoking before? I had loads of times, patches, acupuncture, gum inhaler etc etc you name it I tried it but this time I am taking champix on prescription from the doctor & I can honestly say it's been pretty easy (still requires willpower & you must really want to give up) but no way are the cravings so bad... well not for me anyway - I think I'm finding giving up food mentally far harder! :/) anyway wishing you much luck with both x

Hi Chuckles - well, seems there's a few of us on here restarting from a 4 stone loss and a 6+ stone gain.

I lost 4 stone using Cambridge four years ago and am now back on a VLCD to lose the 4 I lost, plus a further 2 I gained for good measure.

I on day four of my restart, and whilst it's not been great so far - I know once Ketosis hits it'll be easier.

So good luck with your new beginnings :)

Hi! :)

I know it's so hard but you've made the hardest step going back, it's onwards and upwards from now on!

Blondegem.... I like what you have in your signature

'A year from now you will wish you started today'

This is so true because every year i say i will lose weight never stick to it for longer than a week and look back the next January and think.. i wish i had started then i would be slim by now!

Hi, I am also a restarter! I lost 3 stone from the end of 2010-start of 2011 and have put almost 2 stone back on :( It's so hard to get back in to it, but I think once you're past the first week or so it will fly by!

Blondegem.... I like what you have in your signature

'A year from now you will wish you started today'

This is so true because every year i say i will lose weight never stick to it for longer than a week and look back the next January and think.. i wish i had started then i would be slim by now!

Aw thank you! It is very apt to me as every day I say 'I'll start tomorrow' and tomorrow never comes!

Hey everyone. Everyone is so chatty on here - I love it!

I have doctors appointment on Monday (couldn't fit me in any sooner) & I'm going to ask about champix.

I'm hungry & I'm just waiting for bed time to b honest.

Hope everyone is ok & your all going strong. Xxx

Hiya Chuckles !! Just wanted to pass on some good vibes for you today :) Im sure ur going to do amazing,,, uv done the hard bit now !! hope to see you around the site :) You should start a diary, it seems a great way to keep a permanant reminder of your journey,,,, best of luck to you :) xx

hi chuckles go to your g.p and ask for champix. i was a 40 a day girl and have not had one for 17 weeks and havent climbed the walls once....im also on day 2 of c.d...god give me strength haha.

Back