im so sad im literally crying at my desk!!!

Im sure at work we are allowed 5 days unpaid leave for child related problems like yours. It shouldnt affect things like your attendance bonus though.

TBH, i have threw to odd sick day when the kids have been ill so I could get paid......:eek:

I would start keeping a diary though of things that happen, no matter how trivial as they sound like a shower of creeps and things might get tricky, so make sure they cant get you on anything at all till you tell them to shove their job up their jacksy.

Sorry youre having such a hard time Kimmie, your employers sound awful.

We get allowed up to 3 Special Leave days a year, regardless of whether you have children or not and are for any kind of emergencies.

I hope you get things sorted.

hiya, sorry to hear he has chicken pox, good news for you, i work as nursery room leader, keep him warm and the spots can heal as quick as 4 days. soon as the last one scabs over, take him back, he wont he contagious. he is only contagious when getting spots. as for ur little man being ill now, he will have a fab immune system when he gets to school.
chin up... and put heating on

Hi, I think you need to get advice regarding taking time off. You are entitled to 4 weeks parental leave a year, however it is unpaid and if you only take one day off it counts as a week. You should not use your holiday however, you should not expect to be paid either. Hope you sort things out.:)

hey hun - hope your little son is feeling better now. Its often difficult when you work for a small company as they find it hard to cope when people are off as they don't have cover. Large companies are able to have all kinds of benefits in place for these kind of situations. If I were you I would try to find a job in a bigger company which has family friendly work policies - they do exist! I know of several who offer flexible work hours, time off for children's illnesses and even work place nurseries. Your son is most important, good luck :)

Back