SW after scare at doctors

KipKip

Hi guys I'm back after literally years.
Been to the doctors today (registers with a new one) and they weighed me, and worked out my BMI as 31.5 Which scared the **** out of me to be fair. I thought it was 29.5!
Anyway, Iv been up and down dieting for as long as I can remember, and the only time I was ever happy with me weight was , believe it or not, a few months after I had my daughter, which was down to a combination of exclusive breastfeeding and slimming world! I was the slimmest I'd been in years and felt fantastic.
Anyway fast forward a year and a bit, came off maternity leave and started my new job (I'm a Midwife) and the weight has just piled on.
It's like every day is "just one more day of dieting and I'll start tomorrow..." Wel tomorrow never comes! Until today's scare!
Iv been eating and eating and eating everything in sight for near on 6 months and my confidence is rock bottom, I couldn't decide whether to go back to SW or start the 5:2 diet or ask the doctor for pills!
I said to Myself earlier, I will start SW Monday (from home) then I gave myself a massive kick up the Arse and said NO! You start tomorrow!!! So here I am!
Lovely to meet you all xxx

smiley-Welcome.gif

Hi well you have already taken the first step an if you know what your doing stick with slimming world good luck always enough help an advice on here to go round.

Hi, I would advise that you concentrate on always having something in the fridge that you can eat within minutes. I try to always have batches of homemade soup (leek and celery or slummy mummy tomato) they have helped me get to target. Also a crust less quiche, although I would pick at this until it was gone so I do not have it in the fridge, I make it for a sepcific meal (you wouldn't want to pinch cold soup ! ? )
Slummy mummy soup is 1 tin tomatoes, 1 tin baked beans, 2 300g tins carrots including liquid, clove of garlic, veg stock cube, put everything into a blender and blitz until smooth, add water if too thick for you. As everything is canned all you have to do is portion it into a microwable bowl and heat, so so quick and it tastes good too (off YouTube, just google "slummy mummy tomato soup") you could add balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs (dried herbs maybe too strong tasting without cooking)

Wishing you a "speedy" result, don't forget to eat loads and loads of speed foods. Try Sproutslaw, I love it as a side to everything, grate onion and carrots, finely chop loads of Brussel sprouts, put in a bowl and mix through fat free yoghurt and quark plus a little water if needed ( it is supposed to be lighter light mayo but yoghurt and quark keep it a "free food")

Bye for now, my typing finger hurts x

I know exactly how you feel. I desperately need to lose weight as I can feel my health getting worse, I'm only in my twenties! My problem is I seriously lack any motivation. I'll eat well for a few days and drink lots of water, lose a couple of pounds and think 'job done', or I'll snack on junk and think it can't affect me that much - er yes it can Straw, you've put on 3 stone in 3 years!!
Hope it all goes well! I'm starting properly today - mainly because of food shop timing :D

Back