I'm so upset :(

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SerenityValley, 9 April 2009 Social URL.

1. SerenityValley

SerenityValley Surgically happy.

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    At work, and only have minutes before I have to go back. I haven't time to really go into it but an argument on another forum (one that means the world to me) has left me being attacked by a series of members. I want to jack everything in - but I won't eat.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Blimey Andy, it's bad news week - must be the weather!

You know you'll rise above it and anger will pass. Just giving you my support through cyber space.

4. Happydays

Happydays Member

The important part of your post is the last four words. This will pass.
    Keep focused. ;)

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi
    how are you feeling now?
    hope you are ok
    daisy x

6. SerenityValley

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    Thanks everyone.

I'm ok. I think the upset was because I felt attacked (can't really go into this as it would mean explaining things I can't due to being a mod on the forum and confidentiality). But also because I am havign an emotional time with RTM (end of week 3 tonight), and my upcoming op/worry over getting things straight for if things go wrong).

7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi Andy

Nothing will go wrong. :) You are going to be fine. :)

Sorry you had such a rough go on the other forum. Forums can be difficult places. This is by far the nicest forum I have EVER been on....It astounds me that over a year and there has not beeon one flame war!

Don't take it to heart - I hope nothing was said on a personal level. Not knowing, I can only say you are just at the end of someones keuyboard, and often times keyboards are just used for venting and letting go, and people don;t always realise or remember there is a living breathing person at theo ther end.

Hope you are feeling better now. but do try not to worry about your surgery - its very common what you are doing, they will take good care of you. AND, you might get pampered bys ome cute nurses too!! :D

XX

SerenityValley likes this.
  8. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Andy, at times of stress I sometimes find myself taking offence at statements that I wouldn't normally bat an eyelid about, and that are really only delivered in innocence.

Could you be being a bit more sensitive than normal? It would be completely understandable with everything else you are dealing with at this time.

If this isn't the case then I hope it will blow over soon. These things always do and if the forum is important to you then hang in there. :hug99:

9. loula

loula Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.89%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Forums can indeed by funny places. Amazing how just one comment in cyberspace can make you almost a hate target. I agree with BL that this forum is the nicest I've ever found. Andy - hope you're OK today? Being a mod must be tough as you've got to make decisions on the forum, rather than just acting as a contributor. Don't let bullies sabotage all your hard work xx

10. SerenityValley

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    Thanks everyone - I'm better today. It's blown over and I'm no longer upset. I'd say more but I can't really talk about it here - there are several members of the forum here on minimins and while I completely trust them, it just isn't something I can discuss publically, in case it reflects on the mod team.

I had another gallstone attack this morning - one of the worst I've had, and the longets by far (the initial attack took 3 hours but I spent the next 3 hours with it coming and going if I wasn't careful moving about or taking too big a mouthful of a drink.

Too much information follows:

I don't know why, but vomiting helps a lot. When the pain became excrutiating again, I drank 5 glasses of water, which immediately brought the pain back down to a manageable level (after I had vomited). It5's not like there was really anything but water coming back (I suspect bile?).

Anyway, I now have to be very careful so as not to trigger it all off again and hopefully no more before I hadit removed on the 21st.

11. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Start Weight:
    15st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(6.4%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Fasting
    Ooo Andy that sounds terrrible! You be careful you don't burn your throat being sick like that. Sounds like the op is going to be a huge step forward!!

12. karmawitch

karmawitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Andy, good to see you and you look Fantastic !!

Good luck for your Gallbladder surgery, I had mine out a few years ago.

I have to say GB pain is one of the worse ever, even the paramedics said it worse than childbirth lol !!!

Good luck hun x

13. SerenityValley

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    Thanks folks - I'm better this morning (pain finallly went away around midnight, so I had some sort of pain for 18 hours - I know I SHOULD have gone to hospital but the pain was manageable for the last 14 or so hours).

Foxtrot, it was largely just water - I think it just relieves pressure - I'd have got there in the end - the water just made it quicker and probably smoother!

Lovely to see you're still here, KW xxx

14. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Andy - good to hear the pain has finally gone. Sounds terrible. I wish you success in your operation on the 21st. I hate to think of anyone suffering. :hug99:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.