I'm sorry about this question but........

Hope someone can tell us tattyteddy cos i really want to know too!
Had an absolutely excruciating time the other day and can't go through that again :(

Well not sure if this will help. I hope it is a revelation. If it works for loads of people I might have to start asking for commission!.

Since starting Cambridge 5 weeks ago I have "been" every day except for 3! Poos (pardon the familiarity) are small but not rabbit droppings.

My secret?? I have been taking Fibresure tablets each day and try to take it along with whatever soup/shake etc I am taking to maximise their effect. They are available in Boots in the sections with all the vitamins and supplements. I swear by them! Very easy to take as they are capsules.

Hello fellow poo watchers.
I've just re-read my earlier post & noticed the rather creative spellings. I was practising with a writing tablet & suspect the poor computer had troubles ..well that's my excuse ..

good questions raised, now lets see

i went to holland and barratt today to buy some soya bran and they said they dont sell it? they only sold boxs of ultra soya bran which is a breakfast cereal? any ideas where else might stock it cheers emma

1st time I went to H & B they said the same, but I think I must have looked so disappointed that the shop assistant came to the back of the shop with me 'to show me what they did have'.....& lo! there were the little bags of golden soya bran. they were on the shelf along side other bran stuff, linseed etc. " Didn't even know there was such stuff!" she then confided as I strode to the cash desk with my arms laden & smiling.

It is sold as 'Nature's Harvest' Toasted Soya bran. The branch I went to was only a fairly small one. If they really don't stock it locally I imagine you can get it from holland & Barratt on line.

Hiya-does the soya bran have any calories in?And how much shold I se!

Refreshing to see there's no British 'reserve' on this thread!
My poor week bladder is weaker still with all the laffin'-Thank you all !!

OK Letmeout, here are the stats....(I've just rushed downstairs to the kitchen & back):

Wheat Bran (Jordans) ..........Soya Bran (H&B aka Natures harvest)

Kcals 188.......................... ...126

Protein 16.3g........................15g

Carbs 17.4g............................7.5g

Fibre 44.5g ..............................60g

taste :mad::sigh: ...........................:);)

(This last category is,of course, only my opinion.:p)

So in summary the soya bran has 1/3 more fibre weight for wieght than the wheat bran & almost 2/3 fewer carbs, as well as being more palatable.
to get the same fibre boost you'll need to take less & thus further reducing the carb load.
I haven't weighed the desertspoonful that I used but even if it was 30g that would add only 2.5g of carbs to a days nosh. (this is about the same as 50ml of skimmed milk.

Hope someone can tell us tattyteddy cos i really want to know too!
Had an absolutely excruciating time the other day and can't go through that again :(

Poor funella, or not-so-fun-ella.
I hope you are restored to comfort now.

Well not sure if this will help. I hope it is a revelation. If it works for loads of people I might have to start asking for commission!.

Since starting Cambridge 5 weeks ago I have "been" every day except for 3! Poos (pardon the familiarity) are small but not rabbit droppings.

My secret?? I have been taking Fibresure tablets each day and try to take it along with whatever soup/shake etc I am taking to maximise their effect. They are available in Boots in the sections with all the vitamins and supplements. I swear by them! Very easy to take as they are capsules.

Well done hotstuff, makes all the difference not feeling bunged up doesn't it
I've just checked your fibre-sure & it's pure Inulin from chickory root.
I.E. it is identical to Cambridge's very own Fibre'89.

I notice its a bit more expensive than the '89, but the pot is bigger ...haven't done the unit pricing but I'd guess there's little in it.

Well done hotstuff, makes all the difference not feeling bunged up doesn't it
I've just checked your fibre-sure & it's pure Inulin from chickory root.
I.E. it is identical to Cambridge's very own Fibre'89.

I notice its a bit more expensive than the '89, but the pot is bigger ...haven't done the unit pricing but I'd guess there's little in it.

Not sure about the price over the pond there but in Ireland, the fibresure definitely works out cheaper than the CD Fibre 89. I think the Fibre 89 is €20 whereas the Fibresure is €13 something. Might be just an Irish thing though, we like to be different!! LOL!

Back