I'm Starting Management Tomorrow

Sam,

It won't be much longer, hang in there. You are doing so well.

When I started LL I said to myself I wanted to be 9.7-10st in the back of my head it was 9-9.7st but then I wanted to be 9st. I think you keep changing the goals to be honest. I started management last Monday at 9st6 and know that I weighed 9.5st on Thursday (I weigh myself every Monday and Thursday only).

A lot of people say it is best to get to goal so you don't have the worries of trying to lose weight and experience eating again which is enough to cope with - I now know this. I had a lot of good advice but in my head and heart I knew I was ready to start. You will have this feeling when you are ready too.

Goodluck and keep us posted on your journey.

xx

Sam, I was about 9.4 when I started management; my goal was 9st ish but I was happy with the "extra" 4 pounds. As it happened I lost some more but am really glad I have not started eating with the pressure of trying to lose. I do think it's important not to start management too early if possible. As Betty says, you'll know when it's time!

Hi Joh,

Hows it going? Are you enjoying management? This is the first chance I have had to get online since last Sunday and I have been going crazy!.

I started management last Monday so I think I am a week behind you. I have found it hard knowing what to eat and portion sizes so have mainly had cottage cheese which I love. Have you found that your tastebuds have picked up on all the flavours? I never used to think cottage cheese tasted of much but I have enjoyed the flavours and texture.

What else have you been eating and how are you finding your journey?

xx

Betty Boo

I have replied to most of your questions on another thread. But yes my taste buds are loving all the new flavours

Jo

Thanks everybody. The salmon has gone and tucking into a thai pack now.

I think because I missed my group on saturday that made a difference but know you are making sense to loose then start management.

Will keep you posted and watch this thread with interest.

Well done Jo for getting on better with new LLC, keep up the good work all of you

Sam

What am I doing?????

i get home from work open my daughters bag from nursery and there is a biscuit she has made at nursery all decorated nicely.

So what do I do a little taste wont hurt. Well it did big style it led to a major binge on choc, sweets and a biscuit. These are in the house for my daughter who hardly eats them so

after wanting to Kick myself I have thrown the whole lot into the bin. So no more sweets, chocs or biscuits except toddler biscuits in the house. If she has sweets given by Grandma from now on I am going to say take them to your house so that she can have them there. I really can not trust myself around them at the moment.

I never had a sweet tooth before LL or did I? If these things were in the house I would pig out on them but in secret.

As soon as my hubby came home from work I told him I had been bad and what had happened and it felt like I had turned a corner in that I am now admitting to my binge in the past it would all have been in secret.

I think by banning these foods into the house I should be a lot better. Its so weird though I was fine around them when I was in foundation and developers.

I love my new size and shape why would I want to ruin this??

I dont even like the taste I much prefer the green salad with tasty tangy dressings. I really need to address this but lets hope by throwing all the stuff out (something I would not have dreamt of doing in the past as I would have seen it as a waste) and asking grandma not to bring sweets into the house that I am on my way to addressing the problem in the short term at least.

Mental note major discussion tomorrow night with LLC

Jo

I had abit of a binge last night but it was strawberries, grapes and nectarines but I felt so full and bloated after. I know its only a small leap to 'bad food binging' so I need to try and come up with strategies to deal with this. I'm hoping my LLC can give me some clues tomorrow night.
The end of the day Jo you done great to hit your target and we are doing the hard stuff now I think> Keep up the great work and be very proud of yourself because I know I am :)

Well I went to LL last night and I was amazed I had lost 2lbs so that is me to goal. Although I am hoping to loose a little bit more to give me a buffer.

My LLC thinks that although I had a blip I have gone through a huge learning curve and the fact that I was in the Adult mode when I made the decision to get rid off anything that was a temptation out of the house was me being very focused and dealing with the problem before it got out of hand.

So here I am at week 2 and I am looking forward and feeling very positive.

Jo

My LLC thinks that although I had a blip I have gone through a huge learning curve and the fact that I was in the Adult mode when I made the decision to get rid off anything that was a temptation out of the house was me being very focused and dealing with the problem before it got out of hand.

So here I am at week 2 and I am looking forward and feeling very positive.

Joh

Sounds like you are doing well then. You have reached your goal and have been told you are an adult!!

At a sexy size 10, do you think there is much of you left to buff up on?

I bet you look great, don't get too obsessed about losing more weight. As my counsellor has said to me, management is about maintaining and not losing. I know we will probably lose a few pounds each week to start as I have read that most have just don't want you to lose to much more if you are happy to have reached your goal.

I have posted a reply on my thread to you aswell.

Thank you so much and keep those positive thoughts alive xx:)

This week (2) is such a great week. I am loving all the food options. I managed to get hold of the Total 0% Greek Yogurt and I am in heaven.

I now find that I seem to have something to eat most of the day be it strips of veg with a tzatziki dip all homemade, salad with protein followed by yogurt or fromage frais and sugar free jelly.

The Hartleys sugar free jelly has a recipe on the strawberry pack for a strawberry mousse. It is a jelly mixed and nearly set whisked in with 150mls of natural yogurt. I used the greek one and when it sets it is like a pink blamange

I was in heaven again. A great dessert for the BBQ I am attending this weekend.

I am now starting to hear my body saying I am full too which is a relief as I havent felt that feeling for a while and was worried that I would get back to overeating if I couldnt hear my bodies signal.

Which very low fat flavoured yogurt does anyone else choose? I am asking as I spent so much time in the yogurt section checking all the supposed low fat versions only to find they were packed with sugar.

Any recommendations much appreciated

Best go a meeting to get to

Jo

Cant wait for the fruit introduction next week

"...Total 0% Greek Yogurt and I am in heaven..."

Oh yes, I second that Joh117!

I love faijitas and instead of cream I use 0% - it's lovely - cool and creamy to offset the spicy chicken/peppers.

Have you tried the recipe from the week 1-4 booklet you received at the beginning of management? Tzatiziki (sp.). I adapted it to include whatever salad veg was lying around, particularly peppers, onions, cucumber, apple, courgette etc. I generally did not include garlic though.

Have you tried making your own dressings too? I love honey and mustard dressing and use a good quality coursegrain mustard, honey (use a squeezy jar, no mess), and balsamic vinegar. The proportions you will have to work out to your own taste. I mix enough for a couple of days in a small ramekin and keep it in the fridge.

Mmm this is making me feel hungry, I think it's time for tea!

Hi Jo,

Sounds like you have things under control.
I also spent loads of time serching the yogurt aisle as I couldn't find a yogurt with less than 2g sugar per 100g!!. In the end Goombagirl and a few other said that they don't worry that much and a lot of people have Yeo Valley Natural Fat Free which I used to love and will be buying.

I've used the 0% and as AJ mentioned mixed loads of veg in, I prefer the veg mixed into cottage cheese though. I tried it tonight in Asda's 99% fat free fromage frais but did not really like it either, much nicer alone.

Glad things are going well for you.

That mousse sounds gorgeous, Is your jelly veggie then, I can't find veggie jelly sugar free anywhere. Were did you buy it?

xx

Not posted much as been so busy but I am starting week 3 of management today and had my first fruit smoothie. Made from Apple Juice and 6 small strawberries for breakfast with a coffee with skimmed milk.

I am down to 2 packs a day. Was very hard changing my order and trying to decide which packs to have.

Made the right decision to move counsillors as there were a few there last night from my old LLC and she literally abandoned them. She didnt turn up to meetings and her phone has been out of order since about April so no one could get in touch and there were people very upset as in the middle of foundation and had no packs.

Anyway I lost 2lbs last night so I am very happy with that though would be interested to know when I will start to stay the same.

Jo

Great stuff!

I don't think I realised how soon you go down to two packs.

I like you hope to get more into quality food rather than quantity. I suppose this is like some of the more fancy restuarants I have been to before, but sat there commenting at the small portion. No longer...... I think I finally get it.

Are all of your group still losing weight? and what week is wine introduced?

Brill progress

Sam

Well I start week 4 of management today. I am looking forward to being able to cook the vegetables but I must admit I am not bored of salads at all and am still enjoying the flavours.

I am finding it very challenging preparing the food when I have a hungry 2 year old round my ankles screaming as she is hungry when we get home from work/nursery. It is a real battle to get tea ready. I am sure it is a phase that we will pass through. I am going to try sitting her in her highchair where she can see me preparing food in the kitchen while she has a snack and see how that works.

With me being a veggie and the rest of the family not it takes a little longer to prepare the food as I do different dishes although some are combined.

I have made a very conscious effort to make the family healthy meals and my shopping trolley is now filled with fresh veg and fruit.

I had my weigh in last night and put on 1lb which I am happy with I have been waiting to see when I would even out. I didnt want to keep loosing weight. I obviously dont want to be putting a 1lb on every week either.

It was the fruit week last week and I made a conscious decision to eat 2 pieces of fruit a day but yesterday I did have probably more like 5. I think I need to up my raw veg intake and keep my fruit to 2 a day.

I am trying to stick to management by the book but I do find that I occassionally sway. I had some dried fruit the other day and I know it is not introduced till about week 6 I am not going to beat myself up over it as it is much better than eating choc/sweets/crisps/biscuits/cake etc..

I have made a decision not to do any home baking as this is not for anyone but myself. My daughter isnt bothered by it and my husband hardly touches the stuff so it will go to waste as I shouldnt be eating it either. By home baking I mean cakes/buns/biscuits.

Last time I did some I still wanted to lick the mixture from the bowl. This is built in from childhood as it was a treat when I was younger I remember my mum letting me dip my finger in the remaining mixture in the bowl. Something I need to address if I ever trust myself to bake anything in the future.

At least I can now throw away leftover food and not have any issues with it. I dont pick from my daughters plate either while she is eating or when she has finished. I have no problems in binning it.

It is weird in our group as so many clients have moved from my previous LLC as she has resigned there was a very mixed group last night with 1 foundation, 1 refresher and 1 (me) management and while the LLC was trying to help us all the dynamics really didnt work. We all realised this but all of us want to go on a tues night. I was told Tues was going to be management night and there are at least 5 of us in management.

The compromise is that the foundation/refresher will go from 6 - 7 and the management group will go 7 - 8. Not quite the time we are supposed to get but it was a compromise as no one was willing to change nights and 8 - 10 has a brand new foundation group on week 2.

I cant decide what to make for my tea there are some nice sounding recipes for week 4 there is a simple quiche, veg curry, ratatouille to name a few. I think I have the ingrediants to do any of them. I am thinking of making the rhubarb fool for dessert and serving with fromage frais or greek yoghurt. I will do some with sweeetner and some with suger for the rest of the family.

I am making a note to myself to get a photo taken of me now so that I can post it as the last photo of me full length looks nothing like me now.

Jo

Last time I did some I still wanted to lick the mixture from the bowl. This is built in from childhood as it was a treat when I was younger I remember my mum letting me dip my finger in the remaining mixture in the bowl. Something I need to address if I ever trust myself to bake anything in the future.

Glad I'm not the only one! I bake a lot as my family (and the gardeners where I volunteer) are quite keen, so I can avoid eating it myself if I try. I have got a very effective spatula so I allow myself to "scrape out" the bowl (as we used to say in my childhood) as long as I've removed as much mixture as possible first. This means I get a taste but not enough to set me off on sugar cravings. Seems to work. Another strategy I use now is to ask my husband to guard the cake boxes in his study, in case I get tired in the evening and get tempted. Cake and bread are definitely my triggers - I'm considering giving up bread even though I love it.

Enjoy cooking the veg this week - that made a big difference to me.

Thanks for that Goombagirl.

There is no real need for me to bake so I'm not for now. I am happy that my hubby and 2 yr old are not keen on the biscuits/cakes so I dont need to buy them or make them. I am choosing more healthy options for their lunch boxes like fruit bars and fruit and nuts bars and fresh fruit and dairy (yogurts/fromage frais). Not homemade and I know they look really nice but I can keep away from them.

Cant decide whether to make my own yogurt but I would need to make one batch full fat and one batch of diet yogurts. Is it going to be a fad or will I keep it up? I really do enjoy eating yogurts and I love the 0% greek yogurt. Might have to tally up what I am spending on them as I get 3 varieties one for kids, muller fruit corner for hubby and Irish diet yogurt and Total 0% Greek for me.

Yep my fridge is full of yogurt pots and the recylcing is full by the end of a fortnight LOL

I am managing to stay clear of bread for now I am not allowed it for a while yet. I know it is a trigger for me but I am not tempted by bread in the house. I will try the trigger week when I get there and see how I get on. I dont want to cut it out completely but I do know it is something I do not want to be having everyday. More of a treat than a staple.

What do most people have for their breakfast in Management before they get to the week where cereals are introduced?

This is a typical day for me

Breakfast = Coffee with skimmed milk, either piece of fruit or a fruit smoothie/or fruit dairy smoothie. If in a rush a pot of yogurt.

Mid morning = Piece of fruit

Lunch = Food pack (soup or bar), sliced veg and a homemade dip (salsa or tsatsiki), Sugar free Jelly

Tea = Salad with either Cottage Cheese/Marinated Tofu/Marinated Quorn Fillet/Hard Boiled Egg
Bowl of fruit with either yogurt or fromage frais mixed with vanilla essence and sweetner

Evening = Hot chocolate (pack) with Peppermint Tea

And 3-4 litres of water.

I am wanting to cut back on the fruit but I am in need of a snack mid morning as I do feel hungry after drinking plenty of water so could do with ideas for breakfast which doesnt involve the fruit.

I suppose I could change the mid morning snack to be veg sliced with a dip and just bring more to work as I dont eat the 1/2lb daily allowance I am allowed.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Jo

I have had a very mixed weekend. I find I am beating myself up over food I am eating. I am sticking to the management plan since getting on the scales on friday and thinking I had put another 1lb on. So I have cut back my fruit intake.

I am finding I am very hungry at times and though I choose healthy options on sat night I sliced some veg and had some dip followed by a low fat jelly when a nut bar was crying out at me from the cupboard. I felt guilty for eating and my stomach hurt as it was bloated (think this was the quinoa) but at least I made the healthy chioce and avoided the chatterbox.

I had a great day on sunday I had
Breakfast
1/2 Grapefruit and 50mls of fruit juice with a coffee with sk milk for breakfast
lunch
sliced veggies and a salsa dip and a sugar free jelly mousse (mixed with greek yogurt)
Afternoon Snack
nut bar (LL version)
tea
I had the easy veg curry with some quorn chunks and a boiled egg (only a very small portion and hardly any quorn in there) and a bowl of fruit with some natural yoghurt

I finished the day with a banana shake

I am determined I will not put the weight back on. I keep having fat days and yet when I look in the mirror I know I am not. I must discuss this with my LLC this week.

I dont think I should feel guilty for eating fair enough if I go off the plan but I am really trying hard not to pick at dried fruit that my daughter is eating.

My achievements are
I am now able to throw away food that is on a plate and finished with
I no longer pick from my daughters food at meal times or snack times
I realise that I am not wasting food throwing it away it would be wasted in me if I was to eat it
I am eating a much healthier diet and so are my family mostly fresh fruit and veg
I am discovering new foods

Jo

Hi Jo,

sorry if this has already been suggested, but I noted from your comments you felt hungry a few times.

As you know I am not quite there management wise (sunday I hope!) but from previously following my Food Dr Diet I remember when I followed the advice about having certain foods together to prevent hunger and energy dips .... it worked.

I thought you said you are on week 5 .......

Actually this is hard as now looking through my recipe book and as you already know some things are not introduced till later.

MMMMMM. It seems the best I can offer at moment is try adding some protein at breakfast like a boiled egg to go with your grapefruit as I don't think you will get much energy from that alone, or adding yogurt/fromage frais too.

You could also make an omelette and some fromage frais as a filling, and whatever else you wanted to add it? The key seems to be cereal with yogurt/grains or protein & rice cake/wholemeal toast.

I know not terribly helpful as I said these things don't kick in yet, so will go and crawl away now!!! LOL

But bet the protein should work

let me know if want anymore details

Sam

Sam

Thanks for your reply. I have been wary of having protein at any other time of the day as the management book states having it once a day as a meal with veg on the list from that week or previous weeks.

I am wary of having too much yogurt too as I dont want to put weight on. I guess I am very paranoid at the moment and its getting the balance right. I have been having a I feel fat time of it lately and if you see my before and after photos I know I am not but yet my head isnt grasping that one at the mo.

Today I had a banana shake for breakfast which I will continue from tomorrow as I can have 2 meals of protein a day I will be able to have my pack at breakfast and supper time.

I marinaded some tofu last night using one of the recipes in the week 1 - 4 book. It was the marinade for the chicken/turkey kebabs basically lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, cumin, corinader, ginger and cayenne pepper. It smells divine in the fridge. I prepared it ready for my evening meal tonight when I get back from my LL group.

I have also pre prepared a load of sliced veggies and stored them in a tupperware box in the fridge so I can reduce the time I spend in the kitchen making packed lunches with a toddler round my ankles so all I need to do is fill my lunchbox with the pieces of veg. I actually enjoyed being in the kitchen and less under pressure like I normally do around tea time.

Best get on as I am at work

Jo

You look lovely in your photo, but I so understand about 'Feeling Fat' and our heads needing to catch up. I am sure it will click in at some point.

Your meals sound great and like all of us will find a meal which keeps the hunger pangs at bay.

will watch with interest, but keep up the good work

Sam xx

Back