I'm Starting Management Tomorrow

Well I lost a 1lb last night which I think did my head the world of good. Had I gained I dont think I would have dealt with it very well.

I know that I am not overdoing it so I can stop been so paranoid about portion size and number of snacks I am having.

This week should be easier as I am onto 2 protein meals with snacks and 2 packs. I am sure I can keep the hunger pangs at bay. My LLC said are you sure it is hunger. I think it was but since I have upped my water intake to over the 3 litres a day I seem to feel less hungry. I am starting thought records this week and I am religiously completing my journal which I think working as I wasnt so strict with doing this but it goes everywhere with me now.

Best go to work

Jo

Well I lost a 1lb last night which I think did my head the world of good. Had I gained I dont think I would have dealt with it very well.

I know that I am not overdoing it so I can stop been so paranoid about portion size and number of snacks I am having.

This week should be easier as I am onto 2 protein meals with snacks and 2 packs. I am sure I can keep the hunger pangs at bay. My LLC said are you sure it is hunger. I think it was but since I have upped my water intake to over the 3 litres a day I seem to feel less hungry. I am starting thought records this week and I am religiously completing my journal which I think working as I wasnt so strict with doing this but it goes everywhere with me now.

Best go to work

Jo

I know what you mean about being paranoid about portion size and snacking as I have been like this lately! do I can imagine your relief about 1lb loss!

I have my WI tonight and I hope I lost at least a pound. I need to know that I am not overeating! I know management is not about losing weight but I am a bit anxious because I am going on holiday next week! I won't be able to make my own meals so I thought that losing a couple of pounds would be good. I will be week 5 - so it means 2 meals plus snacks! Of course, I will do my best to stick to management during my 8 days away but I just don't want to worry too much about food!

Well I am dreading my weigh in tonight. I know I have put on just how much. I could kick myself. I gave in to the kitchen cupboard I had dried fruit, a ryvita cereal bar and some ice cream.

I was so tired and just had no willpower to say no to the extremely rebellious child within.

I have made a decision today that I will be cutting back as I am going on holiday at the beginning of August and I would like to loose a little bit of weight so that if I gain on holiday it wont be the end of the world.

I need to be in adult mode 100% of the time over the next few weeks and I am hoping I have the willpower to stay there. I have decided to have the following for meals over the next few weeks

Breakfast
Black Tea
Shake

Mid Morning snack
Veg and dip

Lunch
Salad and protein
Sugar free jelly

Tea
Salad/Veg and protein
fruit or yogurt

Supper
Shake

I plan on upping my water intake to 4 - 5 litres again to try and help with the weight loss.

I will see what my councillor says to this tonight but I am still on the plan just being very careful about what I have. I need to be more wary of food. My husband made a comment last night of just because you are allowed it on the plan doesnt mean you have to eat it. How very true. Then I started thinking am I really listening to the messages my body is telling me. So I am going to be more careful and pay more attention to the portions and amount of food I am eating.

I must get on with some work now and will let you know how I get on tonight

Jo

Well I gained 4lbs last night :eek: so I am :mad:at myself and I am now in adult state and intend to stay there for the next few weeks.

I made the decision prior to the meeting to actually cut back and up my water limits. I am on week 6 now.

I did make some progress as I have never set a real target weight. I was asked what was the lowest I would be happy at and what would the highest I would be happy at.

I decided I would be happy at 9st on a morning. This would make me about 9st 4lbs on a night at weigh in and then I am not happy over 9st 61/2lbs. I would then be pulling back if I went over that.

I also realised that grapes are a trigger for me especially around preparing tea. So I am going to avoid these for a few weeks.

Anyway so far so good I had a good day yesterday and so far I am doing well today. So heres to me getting those 4lbs off asap!!!!!

I am still smiling at least I am learning from this I needed the shock to shake me up

Jo

Hi Jo,

Hows it going? Have you managed to keep away from the grapes? I have decided that when I go shopping tomorrow, I will be buying some different fruit and less of it as I am piging out on it every Friday night. I know where you are coming from on this front, but I suppose the good thing is it is not chocolate or cakes :)

Your weight gain this week may be because you have had extra water, it doesn't mean it is fat you have gained.

Have you tried anything nice this week?

Hope all is going well and you have a great weekend. xx

Hi BB

I went out last night and I drank more than I should have again. Then as I was drunk I ate things I shouldnt. Mental note do not get drunk. I dont need alcohol or even crave it but when I am out in a social gathering it is hard to say no when everyone else is filling their glass. I did keep getting pints of soda water though.

I needed to eat at 7pm and in the pub we were in they did not have a veggie salad and the best thing on the menu was a jacket potatoe with salad and a veggie bean chilli. Well beans are back in this week and I know the potatoe wasnt but I was feeling faint so I had it and it was nice. I asked for no butter or cheese.

Later on I ended up in Macdonalds and had a cappucinno and a garden salad but then when I got home binged on fruit and nut bars. Mental note dont drink in excess.

This morning I have had scrambled egg with veggie bacon and mushrooms to try and help with the hangover. I am craving sugar so may have to have a sugar free jelly to get over that but resisting so far.

I am not buying so much fruit as we have way too much in the house too. I am going to do a small shop this afternoon but I am making a list and will not buy anything that is not on that list.

I am not drinking now until the end of the month but I may go out then and stick to sparkling water as I dont mind not drinking can still have a good time

Oh last night I was heading to the toilets in one of the bars and I could hear wolf whistles and I just ignored it but it kept coming (It was the races and York was full of idiots thats the downside to the races) anyway when I heard you look hot I turned round and realised the guy was talking to me. I just gave him daggers and went into the toilets. I think the look was from sheer shock that has never happened to me before in my life. He was no looker and I would not have considered leaving my hubby for him but once I digested the comments I was so happy. When I went back to my group of friends and told them they were all like oh here we go all about me (its a running joke there are 2 of us that have done the diet and we do tend to be much more confident than we used to be).

Later on in the evening my hubby was accusing me of fancying a guy who we work with who is 8yrs younger than me. I dont at all he walked me to my taxi as my hubby was ensuring another very drunk friend got to her taxi. I think that arguement caused me to binge on the nut bars along with the alcohol.

Now I am waffling so I will get on loads to do before I go pick my daughter up from mums.

Have a lovely weekend

Jo

PS Until last night I had been having a great week having cut back and was feeling much slimmer. My weigh in is thursday plenty of time to get back on track.

Hi Jo,

I don't know you and the drinking lol, sounds like you have just been letting your hair down after so long of being resticted to the treat of a fizzy water.

It might be that when you drink your child state sees it as an excuse to take over and control your adult state which is then leading you to eat afterwards, but from what you have said you have eaten I wouldn't worry to much. Just make a mental note that this will not happen every time you drink or you may start to associate drinking alcohol with eating.

Oh last night I was heading to the toilets in one of the bars and I could hear wolf whistles and I just ignored it but it kept coming (It was the races and York was full of idiots thats the downside to the races) anyway when I heard you look hot I turned round and realised the guy was talking to me. I just gave him daggers and went into the toilets. I think the look was from sheer shock that has never happened to me before in my life. He was no looker and I would not have considered leaving my hubby for him but once I digested the comments I was so happy.

:) You deserve to be wolf whistled and told you look hot because you DO. I hope this gives you some confidence and you really see what the rest of us see. Don't worry aabout your hubby, he is just jelous and can't handle the fact that you are getting attention (perhaps you didn't get as much when you were bigger). This is his problem and not yours. Tell him to get over it and he should be pleased that he is married to such a stunner.

The scrambled egg and bacon sounds wonderful (and the perfect cure to a heavy night). I haven't got around to doing that yet and I haven't even tried the bacon yet. As beans are back on the menu this week I may will try it with a few baked beans for a change from the normal salad/veg and cottage cheese/tofu/quorn slices.

It is lovely here, a bit overcast but very warm. I was hoping to go to the Detling Kent show today. but got back from the gym, had a bath and went shoppping and the other half told me he thought it would be too late to go. I think he was just tired and wanted to sleep which he has been doing all day except for getting up for a massive fried egg roll and a box of Tesco choclate crispies. So in short I have been blown out again (Men, cant live with them or without them!)

Well hope you are enjoying your weekend xx

Well I have had a bad weekend. I am now back on track and cutting back for the rest of the week to get myself back to a weight I am happy with.

I am a little furious with myself as I had really done well from wed to friday and my clothes were feeling much better. Now I can feel that I have gained weight around my middle and I am back where I started last week.

I am having thoughts like should I have started management when I did? should I have gone that little but further? I dont know perhaps I will have a chat with my LLC this week though I do know that by being careful the next 3 weeks before my trip to Marbella I can loose a few pounds and get myself back on track and at a weight I can manage.

I can do this and I can be in control and stay with in adult thinking mode. I must avoid alcohol as it does not do me any good.

I am not drinking now for a couple of weeks as my next night out is in 2 weeks. I am already looking at coping strategies. I think that I am going to start out on soda water and then maybe have a glass of wine later in the evening. I will not get involved in rounds and just buy my drinks when I am ready for one.

It is strange I dont get to go out for months and I rarely go out more than once a month due to babysitters etc but this month there has been 3 nights out and there are a few in august too. I guess its that time of year but I must come up with a coping mechanism as I cant be having the hangovers and the drop in blood sugar levels as it is a killer I loose all my will power

Must get on with some work

Jo

Back