Im still here ....

So sorry to hear your sad news :hug99: Will be thinking of you over the next few days. Take care xxx

Just thought id pop in and update a little, We are off home to cornwall tomorow evening after M finishes work. My eldest DD is coming with us also, she is 16 in 3 weeks so i felt her old enough to make her own mind up.
Im reading this poem at Grans funeral

You can shed tears that she is gone
Or you can smile because she has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember her and only that she is gone
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what she would want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

and then after ive read it im going to place a single red rose on her coffin, Im not sure ill be able to cope! i just hope i can manage to read it without it sounding like a garbled mess through the tears! .. :(
Im also baking a "cornish heavy cake" tomorow to take with us (one of grans fav recipes) and then afterwards when we go to the pub we are all having pastys and heavy cake for her! ... this would have been a normal saturday meal back in the days of eating at Grans ......

diet wise, well as you can imagine it hasnt really been happening, im just kind of going with the flow so we will see when i get back on wednesday night.

xxxx hope everyone is ok, and sorry ive not been postin :(

Just thought id pop in and update a little, We are off home to cornwall tomorow evening after M finishes work. My eldest DD is coming with us also, she is 16 in 3 weeks so i felt her old enough to make her own mind up.
Im reading this poem at Grans funeral

You can shed tears that she is gone
Or you can smile because she has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember her and only that she is gone
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what she would want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

and then after ive read it im going to place a single red rose on her coffin, Im not sure ill be able to cope! i just hope i can manage to read it without it sounding like a garbled mess through the tears! .. :(
Im also baking a "cornish heavy cake" tomorow to take with us (one of grans fav recipes) and then afterwards when we go to the pub we are all having pastys and heavy cake for her! ... this would have been a normal saturday meal back in the days of eating at Grans ......

diet wise, well as you can imagine it hasnt really been happening, im just kind of going with the flow so we will see when i get back on wednesday night.

xxxx hope everyone is ok, and sorry ive not been postin :(

You don't need to apologise that you haven't been posting, everybody understands, my thoughts are with you, the poem is very touching, stay strong xxx

thinking of you all at this time take care x x

Many Many thanks to all of those that posted on my diary.

The funeral went very well, I managed to read the poem but i couldnt look any anybody other wise id have fallen to pieces, The eulogy was very nice and spoke of Gran in a honest and frank way.
Everyone was amicable i spoke to and hugged my aunt and uncle, Gran wouldnt have wanted it any other way i dont think.
Afterwards we went to the pub which mum and dad go in at the weekends (the same pub my gran worked in when she left school) and we had pasties and Heavy cake ... it was really nice, My dad gave me a watch he bought for my gran when he first got married, which was lovely, I didnt expect anything atall.

Im back home, back to work today altho on a lil cheeky break for half hour, and ive restarted WW today also, My weight has gone beyond a joke now and i really need to focus on things now.

Before i forget to mention, When we arrived at the Crem and were waiting for gran to arrive it was sunny which was lovely but me and my sister both looked out of the car window and there was a beautiful red admiral butterfly just outside on the road wings spread wide soaking up the sun ... now i dont know if this sounds mad or not but i think it was a sign or somthing ... so i will look for the butterfly on anniverseries etc . (i thought it was lovely anyway)

Many Many thanks to all of those that posted on my diary.

The funeral went very well, I managed to read the poem but i couldnt look any anybody other wise id have fallen to pieces, The eulogy was very nice and spoke of Gran in a honest and frank way.
Everyone was amicable i spoke to and hugged my aunt and uncle, Gran wouldnt have wanted it any other way i dont think.
Afterwards we went to the pub which mum and dad go in at the weekends (the same pub my gran worked in when she left school) and we had pasties and Heavy cake ... it was really nice, My dad gave me a watch he bought for my gran when he first got married, which was lovely, I didnt expect anything atall.

Im back home, back to work today altho on a lil cheeky break for half hour, and ive restarted WW today also, My weight has gone beyond a joke now and i really need to focus on things now.

Before i forget to mention, When we arrived at the Crem and were waiting for gran to arrive it was sunny which was lovely but me and my sister both looked out of the car window and there was a beautiful red admiral butterfly just outside on the road wings spread wide soaking up the sun ... now i dont know if this sounds mad or not but i think it was a sign or somthing ... so i will look for the butterfly on anniverseries etc . (i thought it was lovely anyway)

Glad it all went as well as it could of for you, It doesn't sound mad at all, the symbol for my Grandad and Dad is a robin, we get a certain one in the garden all year round :) And when my father passed the day had been storm like terrible, but then it suddenly went calm the wind died down and not a sound could be heard, the rabbits outside his window even came out :) Finally at peace. Keep staying strong and definitely keep an eye out for the butterfly, maybe even try to find a picture of one or statue of one to keep in your house, your nan will know what it means and it will make you feel better honestly xxx

Hi hun, Glad it went well - I'm with smirky on this one - when my grandad died, me and my sisters were huddled in a group in the gardens where he'd lived and there was a squirrel who came right up to us, circled us and then went back to the tree he'd come from and sat and watched us. Whenever I go to visit the crem there's normally a squirrel there.

Take care and dont worry bout not posting or for that matter the opposite - venting and saying whatever comes into your head because we're all here for you and it's important to get things off your chest rather than bottled up! Good luck with your restart and hope youre weekend's been okay. Take care xxx

hey Kirst, the poem you read for your Gran was beautiful - she wouldve been so proud listening to you read that :)

i agree with Smirky and Jax.. the butterfly was totally a sign and i reckon you will see plenty more on anniversaries etc to remind you of what a lovely person your Gran was.

big hugs to you - got a lot of respect for you getting back on your WW at such a hard time.. chin up eh gorgeous? :) xxx

Hi Kirst

Hope you are ok my lovely xx

Good luck hun! Stay strong, good to have you back :) xx

Hi
Just popping by to say hello - hope you have agreat sunday x

Just popping by to see how things are - hope you're okay angel *Big Hugs* xxx

Hope you are okay my dear. *hugs* xxx

Hiya,
Im still here around and about ... 1st day LOL how many times have i said that !!!!!!!!!! its sad ...
im now 14.10 :( ... 2lb up from my original startin weight ... its not good but my head keeps saying sod it ...
why does it always seem my head is trying to fight the good things with the bad ...... nightmare
im :( im sure ill get there but how long will it take to get it sorted in my head ???!!!!

Don't worry my dear you will get it this time. We are with you every step of the way :D xxx

Glad you're okay and good luck with your restart - and dont worry about how many times you've said 1st day - make this the last time - it can be done, it will be done this time!!! Take care xxx

Morning all :)
Well i think yesterday went ok, i didnt write anything down but i was aware of what i ate ... so hoping it was ok! .. Today im writing everything down .. Im not even sure how many points im supposed to be having at the moment ! ...
Today
Breaky- porridge and sugar 3.5 (fed up of dam sweetner)
lunch- cuppa soup and slice of toast 2.5 (late as dont finish work till 14.30)
Tea -Beef cassarole with veggies and roasties (H/M) im saying 7 cos i want gravy to! ..

so thats 12.5 i think ... ill probably have a snack of a nana or some crisps or somthing and a hot choccy for true blood tonight.
Am working today caring im loving being back! .. i dont stop from 9am till 2pm and i love it! .. havint yet had any rude or ungrateful clients :) ...
Back later on .....

23 points im allowed :) ... thanks starry!

Back