Im struggling

mrsjoyt

resident foodaholic
to find low syn treats on a night (which is when im alone as hubby is at work) and i'm feeling picky.

any suggestions would be very welcome :)

Depends how many syns you have to play around with. I have a small bag of Maltesers. 5 syns but if you eat them slowly they last a while or were you thinking of something of only a couple of syns?

If I want a choc fix I would opt for fruit dipped in 70% chocolate. Cherries are the best for me. Lidl do a pack of 5 mini bars so you are not tempted to use more. If you can only get a big bar decide how many syns you can afford to lose and package up the bar in portions, freeze it so it not easy to get at. You can do Strawberries , cherries , blackcurrants , raspberries etc, they take ages to eat so it a really good snack.

My choc fix is mint chocolate options - 2syns. I add some milk as part of my Hea cuz it's creamier & almost as good as costa - really chocolatey & lasts longer cuz it's hot. x

Snack size choc bars (or curly wurlys - even better as they seem bigger for the syns), low fat chocolate mousse (Cadury's light is 3 syns) and I love mini meringue nests (mega sweet at 1.5 syns for 2) ;)

I used to be exactly the same as I'd got into a routine of having Pringles and kettle chips in the house and eating those on an evening. When I joined SW I replaced them with fresh fruit like strawberries, grapes or chopped pineapple.

I'm a crisps lover so I have a good supply of the WW crisps. I love the cheese puffs which are 4 syns a bag (you get a lot in there too!) & sometimes I dip them in fat free cottage cheese (occasionally wishing they were really nachos & soured cream.. ;)). Mmmm :)

I am also a choc options fan. I have the Belgium choc one with the rest of the milk from my allowance. I also have 2 alpen light choc and fudge bars as one of my hebs as I do red and green plans. Mikado sticks are very low syn, only 0.5 syns each. Skinny cow ice cream lollies are about 4.5 syns and they seem naughty to eat!!! Just a few ideas, also quarter of a hartleys sugar free jelly (made up with 1/4 pint water I mean) when its starting to set whisk it up with 500g fat free fromage frais and you have a big bowl of sweet fluffy jelly for 1.5 syns. Hope this helps

I eat oranges. Especially at this time of year when the big navel oranges are so good. I make a bit of a production out of scoring the peel and peeling them carefully and eating them slowly.

The other thing is that I don't sit down in the evening without something to do - crossword, magazine, mending - something to keep the hands occupied.

Velvet crunch crisps are 4 syns, they're really good and not like other low syn crisps which just melt away to nothing! These actually feel like you've eaten something.

I used to make up little puddings of total 0%, white choc options and mixed chopped fruit, sometimes I would crush a mini meringue into it as well, it worked out about 4 syns and was creamy and sweet:D

I am also a choc options fan. I have the Belgium choc one with the rest of the milk from my allowance. I also have 2 alpen light choc and fudge bars as one of my hebs as I do red and green plans. Mikado sticks are very low syn, only 0.5 syns each. Skinny cow ice cream lollies are about 4.5 syns and they seem naughty to eat!!! Just a few ideas, also quarter of a hartleys sugar free jelly (made up with 1/4 pint water I mean) when its starting to set whisk it up with 500g fat free fromage frais and you have a big bowl of sweet fluffy jelly for 1.5 syns. Hope this helps

I second this!! Options hot choc and curly wurly are a god send! And Jelly made up with fromage frais is nice!

Ive had an options hot choc mixed with quark with artificial sweetener that ok, you need quite a bit of sweetener though, but its tasty!

Hannah have tried and tried options and quark/sweetener and from frais combos but just dont like the sourness still coming through no matter how much sweetener I put in. But I do like the jelly and fromage frais whisked together. Strange I know. Wish I did but there you go we are all different

aww thank you everyone, you're all stars, some fantastic ideas there, ive got some options hot chocolate in, going to have one of those tonight with a bag of wotsits (5) yummy :)

Back