I'm sure this has been asked before but,...

rharbord

I'm after a bit if info please, I've done both sw and ww from home years ago but I'm trying to decide which to do, I need a way of life not a diet. I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons for each before I start . how it fits into life and healthiest way to eat to involve my family. I have two small kids so I need it simple and easy to stick to. I'd aiming to lose 10/14lbs by 10th Jan. Any info on ww or your own thoughts would be very helpful x

I've done both and find ww much better because you can eat anything where as you are limited with sw. I like to be able to grab a sandwich when I'm out, which would take me well over my syns on sw. Plus portion sizes are limited on ww which encourages me to learn to eat less of the bad things, where as on sw, all the free carbs sent me into a binge! Both have most fruit and veg free, so it depends what you need from the diet. I have also found I lose weight much quicker on ww.
Hth
Sarah

Well I suppose I may be on the wrong forum (ww) but I have been doing S W for nearly 2 years now, and been at target 12 months, and it is definately not a diet but a way of life. I never feel hungry. The ee allows you to have 2/3rd of your plate of free unmeasured, unweighed food, then the other 1/3rd of your plate filled with superfree foods, ie fruit of veg/salad. You also have your daily syns and healthy extras for calcium and fibre. Depend which would suit you best, just wanted to put S W way of working into the equation. Whichever you chose, hope you enjoy the plan and have a good weight loss. :)

Thank so much for the info. I've decided on sw. Starting on Mon as I have few things planned.

Can I ask what can u stack on in between meals, does it have to be super free food?

Well done u for being at target for a year! Do u go to a class or at home? X

Thank so much for the info. I've decided on sw. Starting on Mon as I have few things planned.

Can I ask what can u stack on in between meals, does it have to be super free food?

Well done u for being at target for a year! Do u go to a class or at home? X

Aw glad you have chosen S W. You can snack on all sorts, the first choice of course being superfree. You can also snack on free foods as well, ie eggs,chicken,mugshots,yoghurt (syn and fat free),cottage cheese. All sorts. I go to group and am a member of the social team. Any help you need just bob onto the S W forum! :)

As a compulsive overeater SW is just a disaster waiting to happen - LOL! WW works so much better for me.

i did SW i lost over a stone but then stopped losing! i totally over ate on SW i would have green days and lived off carbs!! SW stopped working for me totally!
WW for me anycase and loads of women on here works much better coz u learn about portion control, u can still go on a night out and out for food and point it all and stay with in ur points!

i hope SW works for u
xx

Another option is weight watchers 'simply filling'

You can eat many breads, pasta, rice, meat, veg, fruit, crumpets, porridge and loads more. Unlimited amounts.

Then use your 49 weeklies for treats, sauces etc.

It's like SW but you don't need to count healthy extras. Worth a look if your considering SW!

Thanks everyone for your views. I've been chatting to a friend who does ww and now I'm totally confused. Been doing sw this week but feel like I eat way too much..... Which is why I'm in this position in the first place. Going to use my Saturday night in to re read both books at make my final decision

have u made a decision hun?
Both diets do work.. my friend does SW and has lost alot of weight but her meals are massive n uses her syns only on wkd's!!! i jus find WW gives me the right tools to learn about portion control and to also b able to lead a good social life!
i had a nuaghty take away last night (the kitchens bein decorated nightmare lol) and i felt so naughty but pointed it all so i have been aloud it!
SW jus dint fit into my life but for my friend it has! i am as big as i am coz of the big meals i used to ave and choices i used to make and on SW i dnt think it taught me about portion size and i jus ate WAY too much!

a lady does simply filling at my group its falling off her so that might be a good one to look into!

what ever diet u pick jus make sure its the right one for u!
xxxx

Sorry for bad reply. I've done sw for a week plus lots of exercise but not lots anything. It must be my portion sizes and that's half my battle. So, with that in mind I'm trying ww this week. Fingers crossed I get somwhere

Back