i'm thinking of doing EE but i'm confused!!!

I'm not quite understanding the EE plan, is it three set meals? can you still have free foods through day? Can any one give me an example of what to eat.... i have looked throught the booklet and don't quite understand it... i may just be acting simple, but i want to get it right as i don't want to ruin my diet.... someone told me that EE is not good if your a grazer, is this true?? Do those that do it maintain a good weight loss?
Sorry for all the questions.... hope you can help x

You can have 3 meals and graze too! Your meals should consist of anything that is free on red and green days (meat, pasta etc) and a third of your plate should be superfree foods (stuff that's free on both days - veggies or salad, usually). This will help fill you up and eat less of the meat/carb stuff.

Snacks ideally should be superfree foods like fruit or fat free yoghurts, but you can also snack on red/green free foods, use your Healthy Extras or syns.

The key to good losses with EE is eating enough superfree foods.

It can be a bit over-facing. Why not have a read through the food diaries section. Lots of us do Extra Easy and write our food in there, so it should give you a few ideas about what to eat (or sometimes in my case, what NOT to eat! LOL!)

Last edited:
Some examples of what I eat are:

Brekkie:
Almost always use HEX B and possibly A, so....
ryvita with quark and sliced tomatoes
Porridge/cereal with milk and chopped fruit
Toast with poached eggs/beans/bacon and sliced tomato
Bread dipped in egg and fried (frylight) served with greek yoghurt and berries and a sprinkling of cinnamon and sweetner

Dinner:
Jacket potato with beans/cheese/tuna and sweetcorn & salad or homemade coleslaw
Tinned chick pea dhal or tesco stewed steak with steamed broccoli
Sushi
Super noodles (light) with stir fried veg
leftovers

Tea:
Spaghetti bolognese (lots of superfree blended veg in sauce)
Meat/veg curry and rice with spicy spinach on side
Chicken with roasted stuffed sweet peppers
Roast dinner
Asda lamb shanks with mash and sprouts
Sausage and bean casserole with added veg
Steamed salmon with pak choi and noodles

I don't really snack in the day, but try and snack on superfree. I use most of my syns on wine and chocolate.

Hope this helps

xxxx

All you do that's different to Green/Red is have only 1HEXa and 1HEXb and make sure that 1/3 of your food is superfree! And of course you can have anything you want from the free foods that you would have had on Red AND Green! Quite simple reallyX

Already been mentioned - but everything that is free on Green or Red is free on EE - you just have to give up 1 HEA and 1 HEB. And you cannot have cheese as a HEB on EE. And you need 1/3rd superfree - which you are supposed to do on Red/Green anyway!

Already been mentioned - but everything that is free on Green or Red is free on EE - you just have to give up 1 HEA and 1 HEB. And you cannot have cheese as a HEB on EE. And you need 1/3rd superfree - which you are supposed to do on Red/Green anyway!

Oh yeh, I forgot the one about cheese not being a HEXb on EE (infact I actually only recently learned that you could have it as a HEXb on green- and there was I being a right cleverclogs thinkin I knew it all! Whoops!!)X

You can have cheese as a HEX a on Extra Easy. If you also have milk, then you will need to count either the milk or cheese as syns. For example, you can have 28g or normal cheddar, or 42g of low-fat cheddar (or 2 slices of the new Kerry LowLow cheddar slices). I tried the LowLow slices and did not like them as they are very mild (in spite of being labelled mature cheddar), I like the Sainsbury's BGTY mature cheddar, and 42g is a good serving.

The cheese counts as 6 syns if you also have milk on the same day.

Annie

Back