Im totally and utterly confused

well im sure im been followed by security in the supermarkets as im in there reading every bloody label of everything i pick up!!

Low fat(lite versions) are to be avoided at all costs. They always have sugar added to them to make them taste of something after all the lovely fat has been removed. On this way of eating fat is your friend!

LOL Jules,

well said Jac, that's the truth.

Well im just marinating a sirloin steak in olive oil, dried garlic and chillis, gona have that with relas sauce ( bit unsure of how much cream to add, thought bout 3 tablespoons?) gona have that with aspragus and broccoli, that sound ok for a main meal, am i grasping this??? Please please tell me i am!!!!

Sounds good to me Jules.

Phew!! Im quite a picky eater jim and think the main struggle for me will be coming up with different ideas as to what to cook, plus having just switched over from cambridge diet im finding the concept of having so much delicious fatty foods to eat just scary!!!!

I know Jules, it can be very worrying to start with. I was thrilled when my blood tests (That my Dr insisted I have every three months) started to improve, he was surprised to say the least.

I think iv got more to grips with the health benefits than i have with actually eating the foods, I know long term how cholesterol levels are lowered etc im just aprehensive about actually eating all the time when i have been so used to having nothing but shakes and soups for weeks on end! also i only have 14 pounds left to lose and would hate to regain any of what iv already lost now im eating all the time!!

ah yes, I know. All of our lives we are taught to believe that to loose weight you have to eat less. I have even known people trying to do low carb and low cal. I think different diets suit different people. One thing I will say about Atkins is that apart from initial weight loss it's slow and steady, but I like that. Slow and steady to me means permanent weight loss.

ah yes, I know. All of our lives we are taught to believe that to loose weight you have to eat less. I have even known people trying to do low carb and low cal. I think different diets suit different people. One thing I will say about Atkins is that apart from initial weight loss it's slow and steady, but I like that. Slow and steady to me means permanent weight loss.

I agree with all of this Jim...I personally could NOT do calorie counting or low fat diets...now that I live a mostly healthy lifestyle, I have learnt that fats are good for you apart from trans fats and that low calorie foods and low fat foods are higher in carbs which is what people are usually addicted to in the first place, so they end up hungry...but that is a generalisation and I don't want to diss the diet industry, just sometimes it would be nice to know the ABSOLUTE truth...heh!

Reactions: Jim
Can I ask Jim how long it took you to lose your weight?

xx

Jools, it took me 31/2-4 years to loose the majority of the weight, when I finally went into OWL I was loosing a steady 2lbs a week. Once I decided to go into pre-maint and started adding carbs it dropped to 1lb a week until I stopped. I went up a pound on the final week I gained a pound so I dropped 5 carbs and went into maint. I have been there for 3 years now.

Nex
I have learnt that fats are good for you apart from trans fats and that low calorie foods and low fat foods are higher in carbs which is what people are usually addicted to in the first place, so they end up hungry...but that is a generalisation and I don't want to diss the diet industry, just sometimes it would be nice to know the ABSOLUTE truth...heh!

That is so true and so would we all.

Jim im totally inspired by you!!! 3 years maintaing, i cant wait till the day im living the atkins lifestyle without having to think about it if u know what mean?

Oh yes love, it's great, and it's not that hard really once you have trained your body and your mind. ;)

Back