I'm worried!

Natasha84x

Hey guys! I only have 4 weeks left of my 100 days and so far I have lost 2stone 5lb which I'm sooo pleased about. However my mum has paid for me to do this and originally only agreed to pay for 8 weeks. Luckily she now says she will pay the full 12. I really can't afford the price of RTM and I can't expect my mum to pay for another 12 weeks

Does anyone have any tips etc on what I should do? Was planning on switching straight to WW after my 12tg week but cutting out as many carbs as possible. I'm really worried though. Can anyone help or offer advice on this?

Thanks x

It should be 14 weeks not 12 for starters. I really would recommend doing RTM. You are much more likely to put the weight back on if you don't do it and then your mum will have wasted her money.

Also the cost is on a lessening sliding scale as you will be purchasing less packs as you go through.

RTM is the bit that introduces you back onto food. Without it you could be back here again!!!

Wholeheartedly agree. Skipping RTM is like your mum paying for Law School and the when you graduate you get a job as a waitress. :D It is the most important part of the diet - if you scan back through most of the posts of returners, the reason they have returned is because they did NOT do RTM and all the weight came back....it would be a shame to not finish it. Why not arrange to pay your mom back, or do something in exchange that would be helpful to her?

Hope you can find a way to do it. :)

Well, yeah - fair point. I really hope she will though - you could show her our comments for support. :)

If she wont, then yes, sticking to high protein, low carb and low fat/calorie would be your best way forward.

Good luck hon - I really hopeyou can find a way to do it. :)

xx

Hi Natasha I take it your not working hence why your mum is paying for it? for me its all or nothing i said from day one I have to complete RTM otherwise Im scared I will go back to how I was

hope you find a solution honey x

Good luck in finding a way forward - I'm struggling financially and have started to work overtime in preparation to pay for RTM - my friend lost 5 stones in 5 months - didn't do RTM and gained in all back in next to no time - there's no way I'm spending thousands to have that happen to me!!

Yes I work but I live in London an my rent is huge so I struggle anyway. Going to try an do it- even if I can only do 6 weeks or something- guess it's better than nothing!

If your mum doesn't/can't fund the rest - make sure you get an RTM booklet from your LLC, and maybe even a LighterLife LITE booklet. The Lite is quite good because it outlines good foods to have for the 1 allowed evening meal, which means it's all suggestions for a low-carb food eating plan, which if you're thrust into the world of 'real food' may be quite difficult to adjust to. There are also very useful portion measurements in there that the abstince RTM booklet does not include.

As a precautionary measure for the first 4 weeks (without packs in the worst case scenario) try to count your calories and stick to about 800. Then increase to 1000-1200 in the next 4 weeks. -- It's tough counting, but it's WORTH it. It will reintroduce a little discipline to the eating thing: which essentially what RTM really aims to do at the core of it.

Well done, you've done fantastically well so far! Good luck with the rest of your journey - try to get those books! :)

Thanks you so much! That's really helpful! I will talk to my counsellor and see what she says but tha ja so much for the advice- going to print out that post so I know what to do if I can't do RTM.

Thanks again! You've really helped : )

Got 4 more weeks of abstinence left hopefully can lose 20 in 4 weeks! Fingers crossed! X

Me too - think of it as the last push to the finish line!
We'll be with you every step of the way :)

awww best of luck Natasha x

Back