Immense First Week Loss!

xCherryKx

Hi all,

Just signed up here and had to write my first thread!

Well, I went for my first weigh in this evening, and I've lost a fabulous 6lbs!

The first week has been a bit tough, not being able to eat a smidge of chocolate, but myself and my other half have been eating fabulous lunches and dinners, and I know I'll be eating a little treat each day after next week! It's all so worth it now!

The exercise has also been coming suprisingly easy-ish.
I've been doing a bit on the Wii, taking the dog for an extra walk each day and doing some classes recorded from Sky+. Although, haven't been able to exercise for the past two days as I have hurt my lower back, which is also a new (painful) expreience to me!

Just can't wait to feel comfortable in my own skin! Each stone I lose will be a mini goal, but my first main goal is to lose 4 stone. Then I'll decide how much more to lose from there! I was comfortable with myself when I was 14st, and even though that is technically overweight I was happy with myself, the way I looked and the fact I could by clothes in any shop. Being at the top end of New Look is not a pleasent experience, especially when even a size 18 doesn't fit on the bottom anymore. I still have my size 14 denim mini skirt that looked amazing on.

Anyway, that's all for now :D here's to a healthy and slim future!

Have a lovely evening all,

D* xXx

hi D and a very warm welcome to the forum.

congratulations on a fab first week weight loss. i also lost that amount on my first week and im sure u feel fantastic, i sure did.

make sure and keep us posted on how u are getting on. there arent many of us on here so its always great to hear from someone new. congrats again,

Emz xx

Hi Emz,

I did notice it's quite quiet on this board! Thanks for the reply though! Will keep posting until you are sick of seeing me! :p

D* xXx

Hi Shanny,

I followed the plan, so I ate the breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the book, but I changed them for other recipes in the book on days where I didn't like something. Here's what I ate in a nutshell:

Breakfasts - Green portion pot of Frosted Wheats or Tesco Special Flakes (their version of Special K) with milk from allowance.
Lunches - Tesco fresh soup, Tesco cooked chicken (they do really nice tikka and chargrilled ones, 2 for £5) with rocket salad & sweet chilli sauce, bacon sandwich, jacket potato with tuna & rocket salad.
Dinners - Pasta bolognese, minced beef & onion pie (in the magazine), chicken stuffed with garlic & quark with stuffed mushrooms & rocket, pasta with chilli prawns, cheesy Quorn pasta.

We've also started eating out of a bowl where possible (i.e. with the pasta dishes), as sometimes feeling full is psychological. The bowl is always full when food is served, whereas the food would look like a small portion on a plate! So with the bowl we feel like we've eaten a big portion! :p

I didn't do much of the exercise that was in the book, but I did take the dog out for a 15-20 min walk on most days, until I hurt my back! The other half normally takes him so it was new to me! :rolleyes:

I anticipate a really little loss this week, as I couldn't do the exercise class this week and haven't done any exercise for 5 days :sigh:

Hope that helps! Please ask if there's anything else!

Luvs,
D* xXx

Hi Shanny,

Thanks! :D I followed the plan, so I ate the breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the book, but I changed them for other recipes in the book on days where I didn't like something. Here's what I ate in a nutshell:

Breakfasts - Green portion pot of Frosted Wheats or Tesco Special Flakes (their version of Special K) with milk from allowance.
Lunches - Tesco fresh soup, Tesco cooked chicken (they do really nice tikka and chargrilled ones, 2 for £5) with rocket salad & sweet chilli sauce, bacon sandwich, jacket potato with tuna & rocket salad.
Dinners - Pasta bolognese, minced beef & onion pie (in the magazine), chicken stuffed with garlic & quark with stuffed mushrooms & rocket, pasta with chilli prawns, cheesy Quorn pasta.

We've also started eating out of a bowl where possible (i.e. with the pasta dishes), as sometimes feeling full is psychological. The bowl is always full when food is served, whereas the food would look like a small portion on a plate! So with the bowl we feel like we've eaten a big portion! :p

I didn't do much of the exercise that was in the book, but I did take the dog out for a 15-20 min walk on most days, until I hurt my back! The other half normally takes him so it was new to me! :rolleyes:

I anticipate a really little loss this week, as I couldn't do the exercise class this week and haven't done any exercise for 5 days :sigh:

Hope that helps! Please ask if there's anything else!

Luvs,
D* xXx

Thank you Sarah! :)

Luvs,
D* xXx

thats really great stick with it hon XXXX it is always quiet on this thread but the same people bob in and out.

hey D just a wee note to see how u are gettin on. i see u have posted a pile of recipes.....GO YOU..!!!!:D:D:D

how are u finding the diet so far. is ur back any better??

Emz xx

Back