• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Impact of cheating

I have a question about when people have had blips on their journeys.

On friday I had a bad day but before then I had been 100%. The question I have is my weight shot up - but how long until the weight comes back down? Is it a false reading for a few days or is that right? I am being weighed tomorrow and as it stands now I will have put weight on.

If this happens will I have a bigger weight loss next week or is this it - eating for 1 day has ruined the whole week? Feeling very de-motivated now (shouldn't have just weighed self!!!)

Nic x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Lily

Gold Member
S: 16st11.0lb C: 15st10.0lb G: 13st7.0lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 1st1lb(6.38%)
Hi hunni - don't worry. It's a temporary rise. Only trouble is, it can take up to 3 days to come down again, so you might well see a gain at weigh-in - but if you can stick to Cambridge 100% for the next week, you will get a bigger loss next week (i.e., the weight loss that would've shown this week if it wasn't for glycogen and water regain plus the weight you'll lose this week).

AOGG

Banned
S: 19st4lb C: 13st4lb G: 10st4lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 6st0lb(31.11%)
Are you still training??? when I watched you on tv it was you that inspired me to take up personal training, I came off CD, I had reduced weight down from 19stone4 to 16stone12, well I am now 15stone8, it took ages for my body to get used to eating more calories, and my wieght went up a couple of pounds then down a couple of pounds, I did 10 weeks of 2 x a week personal training plus going to the gym inbetween, at the end I reduced weight to 16stone, went on holiday, wasn't really very good, but my weight only went up a a couple of pounds even tho i was away for 3 weeks :) anyway since I have gotten home, my fitness is vastly improved that I am now walking 6miles a day, 2 personal training sessions a week that have intensified and three hour crosstraining so doign a fair bit. I am now 15stone8 but my body has shrunk by lots of inches, i am a size 18, everything is toning up. I think that you had the right thing where you where training and getting fitter. I'm grateful for cambridge as it gave me a good start but I've really gotten into the exercising and i feel so much better about myself :)

hey aogg - I am so glad personal training has worked for you - there really is no better feeling after a great session where you have been pushed to your limits!! Great losses as well so congrats on that :)

personally after the program I had to move up plans to stay on cambridge so decided to stay that way and exercise but to be honest trying to mix the 2 for me just didnt work. As we are now out of season, I decided to get as much weight as I could off in time for pre season and then move up plans so I could get my fitness up for the actual season starting again in september. I feel i've got the balance right for the time being and although I know I am losing fitness all the time, I started from 23 stone and managed to get fit so I know I can do that side of things again (as I actually enjoy it).

Am glad some good came out of that program for someone :) keep it up!!

Nic x

AOGG

Banned
S: 19st4lb C: 13st4lb G: 10st4lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 6st0lb(31.11%)
I thought like you, that if i wanted to do exercise, cd and exercise just didnt mix :) the weight is coming off slower :) infact i find it a real buzz exercising, helps my personal trainer gives me a mate rate and is a close friend, he really does push me as far as i can :) anyway keeps up posted as to how you are doing and I hope you get back to match fitness soon :)