Impatience

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
“What good has impatience ever brought? It has only served as the mother of mistakes and the father of irritation.”
― Steve Maraboli

Well I've not made any mistakes so far *fingers crossed* but I am feeling the irritation beyond all belief tonight...

I keep counting weeks; 'What size will I be at week X?', 'How many pounds will I have lost by week X?'

It's driving me batty.

I'm not naturally the most patient person in the world anyway, putting it lightly, but goodness this diet malarky is going to take forever and a day...

By my rough estimates it's going to be a good few more weeks before anything really starts happening like dress sizes or big milestones and I'm just feeling kinda mopey about it, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked about having done as well as I have so far, but really, is it really going to take fifty bazillion weeks to get anywhere?

Add to that the fact that I've got my AAM week next week too - probably going to gain or something horrible.

Just tried on a whole bunch of jeans and trousers to at least give me some perspective other than the numbers on the scales so in two weeks I'll allow myself to try them all on again and see how much closer I am to actually wearing them out in public.

I think once I've got a few more weeks under my belt I should start hitting some of my mini goals quite rapidly with each week but it just feels like such a long time to wait. I know, mental, but that's how it feels at the moment. :sigh:

Anyone else get like this or am I the only stroppy bint on the crew? :cool:

**I apologise that this post is not insightful, helpful or in fact useful in any way but is instead the late-night ramblings of a temper-toting twenty-something :D**

I am with you 100% and I bet we are all guilty of the week counting thing, I know I am. I'm always thinking "if I lose X amount per week what will I weigh in 8 weeks time etc"

I know from my previous adventures with WW that with the size I am it takes a good two stone before anything major happens beyond clothes feeling loose etc.

I made a big mistake last week in trying on new jeans in the next size down. Before starting I was in the "if it fastens, it fits" club, and so I was wearing jeans that didn't REALLY fit me. I know after having bought jeans I am currently wearing that they stretched and grew with me! So, when last week I thought to myself, Ooh look my jeans are loose and maybe I can get in the next size down, I excitedly toddled off the try the exact same ones in a smaller size.

They didn't even fasten! I then tried on the same size I wear now an they fit me perfectly - no bagginess at all (hence me knowing I had stretched mine with my humungous belly and bum!).

I had a mini sulk and then had to go back to thinking about the mini things. I FEEL much better already, and I do have a new spring in my step. I have been measuring myself too and that really helps me. I measure on a Thursday and weigh on a Sunday and that gives me two boosts per week :)

I also know from the previously mentioned WW adventure that after the first two stone, which gives me a drop in size that the milestones come quicker as I have less to loose. I need to loose less to go down a size etc.

It is hard but I know you can do this, you give such kind and wonderful advice to others that I cannot match. Maybe you should read back some of the lovely positive things you have said to others as inspiration to yourself :)

Keep at it sweetie, we will all stick together and be beautiful goddesses by summer!!

Aw rainbow, I think thats what I went thru last week. Just kept thinking, I still have ages to go. Just cant wait to get on with my life. I have given myself a project to get on with in the mean time, making up family low fat/calorie menus so that when i am back to eating again I have lots of tasty options.

We just to take everyday as it comes. I am so desperate to get into my old skinny jeans and I still feel such a long way off. I think weeks 4-8 are quite hard, its when you start getting bored, you want to hit some goals but your not quite there. After week 8 people will start noticing huge changes in you, youll be down a couple of sizes if not more and things will feel better. Hang on in there. Im week 5 tmrw and nobody has noticed Ive lost weight!!! I'm still wearing mostly the same clothes though!

I feel like this aswell at the mo, and when I think I'm still on here til at least May its almost overwhelming!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

At the moment I'm feeling the opposite of you. I'm just so glad I started this nearly 3 weeks ago, 3 less weeks to go in my view!!

Stick with it and the results will come and will be so worth it.

I too cannot believe I am into my 3rd week. Time just seems to have whizzed by. I plan to keep on going until my birthday in May, then I plan to enjoy myself for a few days. I have given myself a deadline of July to have a majority of the weight I want to get rid of off. I think if I was willing time away it would make me give up. Keep positive people, its the only way we're all going to succeed at this!! ....Remember: Good things come to those who wait. :)

I agree with laurel,
Each day as it comes. It's this forum that keeps me going, you lovely lot xxx

Back