In denial?

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Me and a friend were in a pub and I was drinking gin and slimline tonic. When she went for a round the barman told her that they didn't serve slimline and when I had asked for it they had just given me normal instead without telling me

I straight away convinced myself that I didn't have to count the syns as I hadn't actually meant to consume them and it wasn't my fault. My friend looked at me like I was mad, but in my mind it makes perfect sense!!!!:D:D:D

I am pretty sure this falls into the 'these syns don't really count' pot, along with sugar free chewing gum, baked apples and tomato puree

.................I'm in denial, aren't I?

fraid so but we all do it.I have failed to count 1/2 asyns before nowe and then realised that in one day they had added up to about 4 syns.

Haha yep your in denial - but not to worry! A little treat now and then won't hurt as long as you don't count the sins..

I always think the syns don't count if I am eating off someone else plate! Pinched a couple of my boyfriend's fries the other day.. but they "didn't count" either lol

and have a go at the blooming bar man, if I'm out always say 'diet' coke about 5 times whilst ordering my drink as I'm so paranoid!

You may not be..but tell him you are diabetic and he could have made you really poorly and really milk it! He'll know better then to give people something different without telling them..naughty naughty man!

It is also illegal because of this reason! If they don;t have something they should tell you and offer an alternative (in this case full fat tonic) for you to decide, not just give you anyway. I have to admit I always get mine out of a bottle or a can these days so I can be sure, especially in places I'm not familiar with.

I have been advised always ask for a bottle.
One of our members used to work for a company supplying the chemicals that mix up the cokes etc at the pub pumps. He says that when they change from any plain drink to diet, most of the glass is actually the fat drink as it takes time to mix, and visa versa if a fat drink was served first.
It was he who advised to always ask for the bottle, as you know what you are getting!

In denial? You?!!?? Well it ain't just a river in Egypt. *** :D :D :D

*** You would not believe how long I've waited to get that joke in somewhere!!!!!!

lol i did this yesterday with 'unfair syns' ie. something that looks really healthy and then you calculate it and it's a lot of syns. I had this M&S ramen noodle pot which looked almost free (fresh noodles, veggies, prawns and about 1 tbsp thai paste) but when i calculated it was 7.5 syns! So i recorded it on food diary separately as mostly free and just synned the thai paste...I know I'm only cheating myself but that was just not fair! ;)

I have been advised always ask for a bottle.
One of our members used to work for a company supplying the chemicals that mix up the cokes etc at the pub pumps. He says that when they change from any plain drink to diet, most of the glass is actually the fat drink as it takes time to mix, and visa versa if a fat drink was served first.
It was he who advised to always ask for the bottle, as you know what you are getting!

That would be right. I used to work in a bar and the syrups for the juices on the gun were kept in the cellar. They would have to travel up the piping to the where the juice guns were situated - so from the basement to the ground floor and then along the underside of the bar. I've never even given that a thought until you mentioned it!

I wouldn't count the syns, or I'd just pretend I'd planned to have flexi syns that day :D

Back