In ketosis, but am still starving hungry!

Hi hun,

Like i said it is illegal in the world of CD to SS past bmi 25, right i'm off to find a cdc cos i'm worried brb!

xxx

Hi

Everyone regardless of age, sex or ethnicity need to be on a minimum of 810 cals once they are at BMI25.

I would suggest you add a little food today as in SS+ then tomorrow move to 810.

If you are Asian you can diet down to a BMI of 18.5, however, this cannot be lower than on 810 cals. If European the cut off point is BMI20.

This is a Government directive in the NICE guidance and all CDC's must adhere to it.

Thanks Linda and ThinthinCD for your advice. I will SS+ tomorrow and 810 on Saturday before I see my CDC on Sunday. I do feel bad going against what she has asked me to do though.... I might just not tell her and do 810 anyway.

Decisions, decisions...

Hi there, hope you don't think i'm sticking my nose in but your CDC should be the one feeling 'bad' she has not given you very good advice, I am sure she is lovely and you have had amazing success but please don't feel like you are in the wrong, because you're not!!

Good luck with reaching your goal, very inspiring weightloss :)

Sarah xx

Hi Ruth, how are you doing today ? hope you are feeling ok? I started SS+ last night it was great!
xx

Hi Lelly!!

I am feeling much better today actually. I didn't have a meal last night as during the week I work in Luxembourg and have a flat here to myself so I don't have any food in at all and the supermarkets (if you can call them that - they are more like small corner shops over here!) close at 6pm so it was too late to pick up anything. I fly back to London tonight so me and my boyfriend are going to go to Waitrose together and pick up some cottage cheese, chicken, cucumber and lettuce to last me the weekend until I fly back to Luxembourg on Monday morning.

I am actually really excited about going to the supermarket and sitting down with my partner and having a 'meal' again.

I still feel a little bad going against what my CDC asked on the phone. Only because she is so lovely and kind and I feel bad going behind her back. I had a really good think about it last night when I was in the bath and I think I am not going to mention that I am moving up to 810. Don't want to upset her as she lost her baby this week and sounded very emotional on the phone when I spoke to her!!

So i'll just do 810 and hopefully she will be non the wiser!

What did you have for your first SS+ meal then LellyCD and how did it feel to sit down and eat dinner? Did it feel like too much food or was it ok? Did you feel bloated or anything?

Good luck with it - would love to hear how it's going!
xxx

Soo glad you're feeling better and you sound much more positive today, that's great!
It was lovely having some food, i had chicken and courgettes, i did add a little curry paste (weeny bit, less than a half a tsp) and some water and cooked altogether with the courgettes. weighed it out and hubby ate the rest, it felt really indulgent and afterwards i felt full up but not at all bloated. i still then had to have another shake before bed which was a struggle as i was full but fitted it in and this morning i feel fine and dandy, i've have a porridge so far and loads of water, going to have another SS+ meal this evening too, fancy some tuna or salmon...oops just checked the book no salmon on the list so Tuna it is!
Don't feel too bad about going behind your CDC's back (sorry to hear about her baby too!) maybe she's not quite focused at the moment and you know that you can trust the CDC's that come on here they seem so much more well-informed.

Take care and have a great day!
xx

Yum - curried courgettes with chicken. Sounds really nice! I have not had my meal for today yet but am about to leave work and go to the supermarket. I think I will just have cucumber strips with cottage cheese - simple I know but my boyfriend wants nachos with peppers tonight so I want to have something similar to that - i.e. dips! So cottage cheese and cucumber strips it is :)

Let me know how your tuna goes.
Take care
x

Hi Ruth,

I want to thank you for sharing your experience of the Cambridge diet. This is a wonderful forum and I think it is just as important to be able to get feedback from "bad" experiences, as well as the good ones. I am a potential customer of a VLCD and thought I had decided upon the Cambridge Diet. I am still trying to work out the funds to go ahead with it, but your thread has now made me think twice. I know there are different counsellors around the country and some will be better than others, but you don't expect mistakes to be made by any of them. I thought that was the whole point of having the structure in place for VLCD’s to begin with. This is our health we are talking about here, and just because we may not have looked after it in the past, doesn’t mean we should be treated any differently to anyone else. If I were you I would be reporting this to someone so that it is documented, just in case any problems arise in future. It seems your CDC needs to go back through training at the very least.

What does everyone else think?

Okay, so maybe I had my serious head on when I posted the last message. I didn't mean it to sound quite like it does, now that I have read it over again.

I'd still like to hear other people's thoughts though? Hopefully incidents like this are very few and far between, but I think it's important to know that you are in safe hands and getting the right advice at all times.

Have to say I agree with Mat, I understand that we're all human and make mistakes but this, potentially, could have been serious.

Sarah x

Back