in ketosis - why not just eat non-carb food

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by nicola444, 16 August 2007 Social URL.

1. nicola444

nicola444 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

Once you are in ketosis why dont you just eat non carb foods would this not still keep you in ketosis and burning off fat?

Thanks for letting me know,

Nicola

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

CD and LL take food out of the equation because of the 'food issues' people have. Taking food away from the equation gives you time to think about why you eat, your food choices etc.
    Eating low carb food will keep you in ketosis and enable you to lose weight, diets like atkins are based on this.

4. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    To add to the post above....

The low cal intake by just having the CD packs will also help you lose the weight quicker so it keeps you more motivated to reach goal.

5. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Hey, I have been doing this recently- actually have a couple of trout fillets cooking at the moment. Have been selecting the lowest carb content, calorie and fat content quorn products (eg their mince and 48cal sausages) and having a little of that in addition to my shakes. I think I need to retrain myself to eat healthily rather than give up food completely, but I know I really need to lose weight SS style as I wanna lose it safely and quickly!!

Spent a whole hour in sainsburys trying to decide between quorn, fish or chicken and then getting the lowest carb/cal/fat options of each before finally making a decision when someone came and asked me if i was ok!!! LMAO!!! Has anyone else been doing anything similar and if so what was your loss like in week 1 (I have no idea what I have lost so far and am just at the end of day 5)!!!

Thanks, Nicola I'd be interested to hear what you've been doing if you have been doing this protein thing too? xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.