In the 16's wanting to hit around the 10s!! Who's with me?

It just feels like such a long journey! I wish i was Sabrina the teenage witch so i could just click my fingers and be a nice curvy size 12/14 healthy lady!!!
Anyone else feeling like its such a mission away to reach that target?

:argh:

Hi, welcome :) - don't think of it like that, break it down into really small chunks; anyone can lose a pound; repeat 7 times and you've lost half a stone, repeat that 6 times, you're half way!

Hi, welcome :) - don't think of it like that, break it down into really small chunks; anyone can lose a pound; repeat 7 times and you've lost half a stone, repeat that 6 times, you're half way!

Hi! That is a really great way of looking at it, i've lost 5lbs in my first week so i've almost reached that first small chunk already! :D
Thank You!

That's brilliant well done! My losses have been 4lb or less, but they have been consistent (except when I was off plan due to social stuff) - keep up the good work, can't wait to remind you of this post when you ARE half way there!

Hi butters, atm my long term goal is just to get down to the 11s but for now I'm just concentrating on half stone goals at a time.

I see we have a similar start weight and you only started a couple of days before me, how are you finding things? For me it has taken quite a bit of getting used to food optimising everything this week but on the whole I feel good about it, I've been eating really well and not felt hungry or deprived x

Hi butters, atm my long term goal is just to get down to the 11s but for now I'm just concentrating on half stone goals at a time.

I see we have a similar start weight and you only started a couple of days before me, how are you finding things? For me it has taken quite a bit of getting used to food optimising everything this week but on the whole I feel good about it, I've been eating really well and not felt hungry or deprived x

Hey Zanna! Well my first week i found it quite easy to get into i had the week off from work, so it gave me chance to concentrate on getting used to the plan. i planned every meal out for the week and made sure i stuck with it. Still let myself have little treats throughout the week so i didn't feel like i was depriving myself from the sweet stuff! But i noticed the choices i was making had changed, instead of going for a bit of chocolate i seemed to keep picking up fruit instead because i didn't like the thought of just wasting syns. Also i was exercising for 20minutes a day! I must admit though i feel like i've been slipping the past couple of days, i went back to work and with the shift patterns i have to do im just too tired to start cooking and preparing food for taking to work each day. BUT i have got this new 'My Fitness Pal' app on my phone where i have been logging the amount of calories i've been taking in. Surprisingly though i've always stayed under 1500. But i've found myself craving pancakes all the time right now :cry:

I am now doing the same as you, just going to concentrate on losing half a stone at a time :) i like the thought of getting the little stickers and certificates for each award, so im going to work towards getting most of them including the fitness ones :)

Good Luck with your weight loss! Hopefully we will both get to where we want to be by next summer on the SW plan :cross:

Hey Zanna! Well my first week i found it quite easy to get into i had the week off from work, so it gave me chance to concentrate on getting used to the plan. i planned every meal out for the week and made sure i stuck with it. Still let myself have little treats throughout the week so i didn't feel like i was depriving myself from the sweet stuff! But i noticed the choices i was making had changed, instead of going for a bit of chocolate i seemed to keep picking up fruit instead because i didn't like the thought of just wasting syns. Also i was exercising for 20minutes a day! I must admit though i feel like i've been slipping the past couple of days, i went back to work and with the shift patterns i have to do im just too tired to start cooking and preparing food for taking to work each day. BUT i have got this new 'My Fitness Pal' app on my phone where i have been logging the amount of calories i've been taking in. Surprisingly though i've always stayed under 1500. But i've found myself craving pancakes all the time right now :cry:

I am now doing the same as you, just going to concentrate on losing half a stone at a time :) i like the thought of getting the little stickers and certificates for each award, so im going to work towards getting most of them including the fitness ones :)

Good Luck with your weight loss! Hopefully we will both get to where we want to be by next summer on the SW plan :cross:

Thanks, and good luck to you too! :)

I'm finding the same thing with the snacks - where before I'd have picked up a biscuit without hesitation I'm now having an apple or a banana so that I have the syns for later. Then I'll maybe have a huge stir fry veg and chicken for dinner and not even feel like snacking anyway - a few days I've ended up with under 5 syns so to bring it up to the 5-15 I've eaten a weightwatchers choc wafer or two - that way I feel like I'm getting a treat for being good all day and I get my chocolate fix lol.

I'm finding the eating plan is really re-educating me and making me think carefully about each meal - on other diets I've always been thinking all day about what I can't have, on this I'm thinking about what I actually can have :)

Work will be the big obstacle for me too - I work long shifts standing up and by the time I get a break all I want to do is eat something for a sugar hit. Working in a Pizza Parlour doesn't help either lol. Off for a week but the test will be from next thursday as I will be working 7 days in a row :(

I haven't really changed what I eat mainly so much as how I cook it. SW Chip and SW homemade ice cream are going to feature quite a bit in my new diet I think haha. Have also started working towards my bodymagic, atm just walking the dog 3.8miles every day which tbh is something I should be doing for the good of the dog no matter if I'm on a diet or not.

I feel your pain on the pancakes, the only real difficulty with this I've had is that after I've had my healthy extra allowance I can't eat bread without taking a big hit on syns so I've pretty much stopped eating sandwiches and things altogether. Can struggle to decided what to have for lunch now as sandwiches were my normal thing - can't believe I can have potatoes and rice/pasta for free but not bread. ah well I'll get over it when I start dropping dress sizes :)

Even if I'm just a couple of stone lighter for christmas I'll be happy!

Hey!!! :eek: wooooow! they look and sound so nice :D might help me out alot with my pancake cravings these days lol I've got all the ingredients so going to try them for breakfast tomorrow!
Thank you for posting this :D:D:D:D

Hiya,
I am new to the SW, and joined this week monday...I am around the same wt. myself... more towards the end though 16 st 13.5lbs.
Seems like a long way to go!! but i really want to lose...and would be great if its with all together!!

How do I add the Ticker factry thingy to my profile?

How did you like the pancakes, Butters? I still havent got around to making them, because I keep forgetting to put the mixture together the night before; maybe I should set a reminder on my phone!

I'm in the 16's wanting to hit around the 8's, it's such a long way to go but we can both do it! :)

How did you like the pancakes, Butters? I still havent got around to making them, because I keep forgetting to put the mixture together the night before; maybe I should set a reminder on my phone!

I've tried them and they're quite nice... my dad tried them too and thought they were real pancakes - dunno if it was because i knew what was in them or not but they tasted a little eggy to me. Like sweet oaty omelette but surprisingly nice :) Something nice when you need a change of breakfast every once and a while - but I couldn't eat massive amounts of this!

Made it with toffee mullerlight, hope to try it with strawberry soon!

Hmm toffee mullerlight; I think I overdid this with banana a while ago but haven't had it for ages, and I could see it would be nice in a pancake - this weekend!!!

Just got into the 16s and really want to get down to the 10s - it seems such a long way to go, but already 10 lbs gon in 4 weeks!

I have just got into the 16s, having lost 10lbs in 4 weeks on SW. I would love to get down to around 10st 10lbs - 10st 7lbs, but at the moment have made a mini goal of getting to Club 10 target.
I seems such a long way to go, but having just looked at my weight loss ticker, I have already lost 10% of the total amount that I want to lose, without really realising it!!

Hi guys, I'm not in the 16's - but only a few pounds away from it. I'm 15st11 eek!! Anyhow my target is to weigh 10stone, aiming for 10lb loss per month so in 8 months. Will check in on here to see how we're all doing

This is my last time ever dieting as I'm so fed up of being fat and not being able to buy nice clothes and looking like a whale in pics. So I have no choice now. Head is in the right place though to do it now and then once I'm at target, to maintain and know this isn't a diet, its a way of life. Only my BF knows I'm doing it, as if I tell anyone else they'll all do the 'nod and agree' while knowing I'll fail after a week or two. This time however I won't fail.

Had a lovely fruit salad at lunch. My first weigh-in is on Sat so will be a few pounds lighter hopefully.

Back