In the words of my OH

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
"Jesus, that's some difference!"

He's never on Facebook, but I do use it to chat to friends. His sister tagged us both in a pic (that was a moment of pure terror!) a few months ago, at her son's communion.
I look mahoosive!
So I was saying it to him in a casual sort of way last night, that I must take a pic now that I've lost some weight, in the very same clothes I was wearing in the pic and see if I can see a difference.

He asked me "What pic?"
So I logged on to facebook and went through his page, and showed him, and his first words upon seeing it were, "that's some difference!".
I said, "you think so?"
"Oh yeah," he replied. "Now I can definitely see it."

I'm looking forward to taking that pic now. I think I'll start a scrapbook lol

Anyone else do this?

I avoid cameras like the plague. I'm really looking forward to enjoying having my picture taken!
I don't even have pictures of me with my children as babies. It makes me really sad to look back now and see myself missing from all the major events :(

Well done on your fab loss X

hi Great feeling isnt it - I have a photo from my holiday this time last year in Las Vegas, myself and OH are standing by a fountain - I was a very bloated size 16 - I am going back next week to have my photo taken in the same spot as a size 12 - cant wait

Firstly well done you!!!

And sounds like a great idea, that i will be trying myself!!! :D

Can't fit into camera piccie :(

Don't you DARE put yourself don't like that Tara - even as a joke hun.

I personally hate having my photo taken, and will hate this no matter what size i am - but I have defintely noticed that in a group photo i am no longer the fat one. This makes me feel a bit better about myself, and I know that probably makes me abit shallow, but hey, I'm human :p

OP - I think the fact your OH has noticed and made a comment is great. We hear alot on this site about OH/MIL etc not noticing. Its nice when one does!;)

I always have hated my picture being taken - especially before loosing my weight. When it came time to do my "storyboard" for the nationals of the 2010 Man of the Year - i went to visit mother and go through the family "archives" - beyond the baby and school photos - i think we managed to find 8 that showed me at the worse stages.

Putting them, and the one that finally gave me the kick up the behind to join - side by side with the ones now - i barely recognise myself. But have found that taking regular pictures (must get some more in a few weeks - once I've hit 36months membership) such a useful tool in helping me adjust my thinking to being the size I am now, compared to back then.

Definitely gonna scrapbook or at least take a picture every month until I get to target!

I 2 hate my photo being taken. Out of over 1000 pics on my phone there's about 2 of me which I have chopped so there only head shots! I think i might do the same as u though and take one monthly, will be motivation never to put it back on again

Yeah I was thinking of putting the facebook pic of me on page 1, and then some of my achievement awards, then a progress pic, more awards...etc., until target. And then whenever I feel like I'm still fat in the mirror, I can get that out and have a good look, and take a new pic!

That's fabulous hun ... only a couple of weeks ago you were saying that you just couldn't see any difference ... and now you can! Well done!! :clap:

I've started putting a couple of pictures in my User CP bit ... there's a bit for albums. You could do your own private journey ...

That's fabulous hun ... only a couple of weeks ago you were saying that you just couldn't see any difference ... and now you can! Well done!! :clap:

I've started putting a couple of pictures in my User CP bit ... there's a bit for albums. You could do your own private journey ...

lol I still can't feel it in my clothes, and sometimes wonder if I've lost anything haha I'm hoping the pic will change that, since OH says there's a big difference!

Back