Owl In theory is it possible to begin Atkins in OWL?

stmcalee01

Hi All,

I am new to low carbing and just wondered if it was possible to do a short induction and then go to OWL? I have already lost most of my weight and have about 20lbs left to go.

I need my eating plan to fit in with my family life and I think I can do that far easier with foods allowed in OWL. Lots more meals I can make that we can all eat.

I do not want to cheat - I have lost nearly 3st with hard work and Slimming World but I have not dealt wih the carb addiction that got me fat in the first place. So I need to cut the carbs right down.

Any advice welcome

It's not only fine but advised if you don't have much to lose.

What moonlights said.

As for carb addiction, I believe this comes pretty much exclusively from the combination of wheat and sugar- ie bread, pastry, doughnuts and biscuits. Avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid! Not only do they contribute zero nutrition, they are why I can't do mainstream diets that allow "treats" in moderation. I can't do one biscuit. It's all the pies or none at all, for me. If you can limit them, I'm envious, well done, but if you're struggling, I'd say wheat and sugar should be the first things you kick out of your cupboards, completely. Best of luck!

Should be fine - definitely worth following all the details of owl though to really set you up well for long term maintenance:)

Back