In your 40's? Walking back to happiness or Strolling into old age?!?

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Just wondering how many of us are in our 40's, sometimes i think im too old to diet and what's the point at this age,i think ive settled into old age before my time! i know im being a pessimist, i really wish i could get excited and motivated and get some voom back into my life for want of a better word, but it just is not happening for me. Im doing a VLCD and have been on it now for just over 4 weeks but i feel myself slipping into a binge at some point soon, the thought of my WI is keeping me on track just now but for how long i dont know :(

Last edited:
I'm in my 40's and personally i think it's more important to diet/eat healthily as you get older as your heath starts to decline anyway, joints wear out, things don't work as well, etc etc. Being overweight just adds to the problems :)

Can't help feeling for you - but surely you will FEEL so much better if you lose some weight?
I'm recently disabled so have had a few years of commiserating with myself over my predicament but never too late to do something more useful with our lives.
Chin up! Best foot forward Petal!

P.S. Did you know that you have missed off the most important piece of your signature? It goes - That's why they call it the PRESENT!:)

I'm in my 40's and personally i think it's more important to diet/eat healthily as you get older as your heath starts to decline anyway, joints wear out, things don't work as well, etc etc. Being overweight just adds to the problems :)

Ohhh you paint a pretty picture lol, i know only too well what you mean though!

Would love to hear some positive stories from people 40's and beyond, i need the inspiration from somewhere folks!

Can't help feeling for you - but surely you will FEEL so much better if you lose some weight?
I'm recently disabled so have had a few years of commiserating with myself over my predicament but never too late to do something more useful with our lives.
Chin up! Best foot forward Petal!

P.S. Did you know that you have missed off the most important piece of your signature? It goes - That's why they call it the PRESENT!:)

Sorry to hear about you recently being Disabled Emmaline, Hope your feeling ok? Your right though it's never too late!

My signature is edited, I forgot all about that last bit till you said, Thank you!

Glad you added that last bit on your signature Petal as it's the big finish and is such an inspiring message. Let's treat it as a PRESENT and make the most of it.
Hope your feeling a little bit less downhearted about everything.:)

Thanks again Emmaline, cant believe i forgot the most important part of it!

Sorry i didn't mean this thread to be come across as depressing and me being downhearted about things, i guess it has though, especially my first post, now that i have re-read it! (cringes) I am now looking more for inspiration and to get some positive vibes sent my way lol i badly need them!:rolleyes: and for people to tell me it's not all down hill from now on unless it's weight loss that's going down that is!

That's great Petal. And no, it's not all down hill.
I find that coming on this forum gives me such a lift and to see that we all tend to think very much the same way is quite comforting even though the binges might creep in now and again!
Have you started writing up your own diary on here? I find that a great way to help me keep on track.
We can do it! You know we can!:girlpower:

Back