Incensed by Lottery Advert!!

I'm not sure why you guys have justfied the original post to Glorious Day. What a stupid comment to make. Obviously we are all concerned about knife crime, children starving in Africa, war, poverty, racism etc etc etc, but that doesnt mean we have to mention it everytime something else upsets us.

The advert has annoyed me everytime it comes on. Its just another example of fattism in this country.

I too am making a complaint.

I totally agree Shaz, that was a really misplaced comment and not worth a response

Ive submitted a complaint too. Got my acknowledgement email through, be interesting to see if they get back to us

ive only seen this ad once, but it really annoyed me at the time too!

just on a personal note, when i was bigger i was always too ashamed to eat junk food on a bus or on the street etc and many of the people ive spoke to one here in a similar position stated the same. think it would be quite rare to see someone doing this on a bus, but thats beside the point!

My take is that who the hell I am to judge anyone so whether a slim person or a big person eats on a bus then they have chosen to do so and hence good luck to them.

This advert would never be allowed out on TV if it tried to mock race, gender or sexuality.

Just think it is poor, I know there are worse things happening but I think generally it is a poor quality advert!

Maybe if you actually got the opinion of the woman in the advert.......... I doubt she was forced into appearing and i also imagine she has huge self confidence in her own self to be able to appear in an advert as "overweight woman stuffing face"

I'm sure if we all looked hard enough there would be something to offend someone in everything we see on TV,

Maybe if you actually got the opinion of the woman in the advert.......... I doubt she was forced into appearing and i also imagine she has huge self confidence in her own self to be able to appear in an advert as "overweight woman stuffing face"

I'm sure if we all looked hard enough there would be something to offend someone in everything we see on TV,

It is not the individual, it is the stereotype that it sets that big people are greedy to the point of making slim people uncomfortable.

As I said you would not get an advert like this poking fun at other groups.

M.

Yes, i know everyone is entitled to there own opinions, however i have never said your opinions were wrong...... i just think the ideals are misplaced. However my comment has been called "stupid" when i all was doing was making the point that there are more serious issues to be getting all worked up over. You can't go through life thinking everything you see is a personal snipe at you just because you are a certain height, size, colour, religion, gender etc..... there are thousands of times on TV when Brummies have been portrayed as stupid individuals with an awful accent and not once have i thought to complain.

Just a quick thought............. in the advert the woman is also seen next to the man when he is on the rollercoaster celebrating his lottery win........... Now, as we have no clue of the relationship of the man and woman then maybe they could be partners and on the bus they are both having a bad day........... but then he wins the lottery and he's still with her, perhaps the underlying story to the advert is that the man loves her no matter what and that all his lottery millions won't change him or make him go running after trophy girlfriends.

Just a quick thought............. in the advert the woman is also seen next to the man when he is on the rollercoaster celebrating his lottery win........... Now, as we have no clue of the relationship of the man and woman then maybe they could be partners and on the bus they are both having a bad day........... but then he wins the lottery and he's still with her, perhaps the underlying story to the advert is that the man loves her no matter what and that all his lottery millions won't change him or make him go running after trophy girlfriends.

Nice thought but he seems more amused by the fact her food is going all over the place etc. Looks as if its more a 'revenge' thing. Doesnt seem to be much connection between them.

No way!!!!!!!!!!

Its just another excuse to make overweight people look like greedy animals and its totally out of order.

Regarding the stupid comment. It is silly (I'll use this word instead of stupid) to insinuate we are not aware there are more important issues in the world. Of course we are are aware it is only an advert, but even so the message behind it is very negative towards over weight people.....and if we choose to complain then that is our perogative.

The ad is clearly poking fun at the 'fat woman eating' and it's not right that as a group arger people are discriminated against and judged for their size and there is nothing to prevent anyone from doing that. There are laws against racism, sexism and ageism so why should we have to feel like we are fair game?

oh yes I HATE that advert! Every time I see it I get so mad at their portrayal of a 'stereotype' fat person.

As someone said before, I hate eating in public as I'm painfully aware that people are watching your every move and I sure as hell wouldnt eat on a bus lol well done for complaining guys! (and as someone who works in a complaints department it feels a bit odd to be championing that ;) )

Personally i think the last few seconds of the LL advert are far worse, for a product that is meant to help people the last words spoken are "For obese people" ....... which in my view could seriously turn people off the product because straight away it is labelling anyone that needs the product as obese....... i know anyone with a bmi over 30 is medically classed as obese but i still think that its a bit much...

oh yes I HATE that advert! Every time I see it I get so mad at their portrayal of a 'stereotype' fat person.

As someone said before, I hate eating in public as I'm painfully aware that people are watching your every move and I sure as hell wouldnt eat on a bus lol well done for complaining guys! (and as someone who works in a complaints department it feels a bit odd to be championing that ;) )

I totally agree.. not that ive seen this add, as im in New Zealand.. BUT.. still eating out in public etc people who see large people could snigger and be like "shes like that lady on tv"

I just find it sad.. and so annoying!!

I totally agree.. not that ive seen this add, as im in New Zealand.. BUT.. still eating out in public etc people who see large people could snigger and be like "shes like that lady on tv"

I just find it sad.. and so annoying!!

I noticed you'd posted 5hrs ago...thats in the middle of the night here in the UK.....it kind of makes sense now I know you live in NZ!!!!! Just goes to show though......fatism is accepted world wide.

Back