Inches lost but not so much weight?

Melanie_x

size 8 skinnies ..yesss!
Hello, although it will only be two weeks tomorrow since i started atkins, I was just curious, i bought some new scales and my weight hasnt budged this week ... but i weighed myself mid week only to check on the new scales (official weigh in tomorrow) anyway i have been going to the gym about 4 times a week, combination of swimming,aerobics,dance and yoga classes i feel like I have lost loads of weight, my tops are loser my arms are smaller but feels like lots has come of my legs, is it normal in few weeks to lose inches rather than alot of weight? am I putting on muscle? xx thanks for your help x

This often happens on Atkins... I don't know if it's building muscle or rather just a "redistribution" of your body fat.

I don't care where it goes... just as long as it goes!

I'd pick one scale and go with it. If you did your first weigh-in on one scale and then bought a new one, you may notice a difference. We bought a new digital scale and it consistantly weighs me at 4-5 lbs heavier than my old scale. But as I did my initial weigh-in on the old one, that's the one I use :)

Glad to have you here!

it's a good idea to measure as well as weigh. after an initial good loss, it seems i have now settled to a routine of 1lb per week, which is steady but slightly frustrating! however, i measured my waist yesterday and 2" off is very encouraging! clothes feel looser too.
oh, and i'm not doing any extra exorcise either.

I'm on calorie counting, and I have lost 5ins off my hips, nothing from my waist, and only lost 7lbs weight. So we're all weird in our own way ;)

This happens a lot on Atkins. Enjoy it.
BTW, when I was a SW consultant no matter how many classes on took, each class had it's on scales, because they can vary by up to 7lbs! So try to stick to the same ones if you can.

Thankyou everybody i am going to measure myself today and see how we go ..... if i lose inches at not the weight then i will still be chuffed although saying that i have lost another 5lbs this week whoop!! xx good luck everyone!

Hi Melanie, welcome and what everyone says above. :)

Back