Increasing body magic

louisehj

Hi all

I am a target member and I am currently 1.5lb over my target. However, despite being a healthy BMI i am still struggling with getting clothes to fit me. The reason being is that my hips/bum are huge in comparison to my waist so jeans etc I have to buy to fit my hips and then use a belt and they then gather around my waist and look unsightly. So whilst everyone is pledging to lose x amount of pounds my target for this year is to increase my body magic and work on the lower part of my body to see if I can tone up these areas. So far this week I did a 45 min power walk on tues (wearing my skechers shape ups), then last night I did a workout DVD for an hour. Tonight I am going to go for another walk. Does anyone have any suggestions of exercises I could do to tone up the lower half of my body.

Thanks

I share your pain!
I'm the same as you, a tiny waist in comparison to the size of my hips. I have a size 6 skirt and a couple of size 8 jeans, but usually have to buy size 10 trousers/jeans which gape on the waist. The alternative is to have them taken in at the waist, but unless you're a whizz with a needle and thread, the alterations will probably cost more than the clothes themselves!

You might like to try Tracey Shaw's DVD Salsacise fror hips and thighs or any dance-type DVD, as these work the legs more than the top half of the body. I'm also currently getting into Zumba, although that tends to tone the midriff too.

Back