increasing carbs

LVLLM

Gold Member
Hello, as many of you know im on owl but to be honest im finding it hard to up my carbs (well i could by eating a croissant or some chips but i want to do this properly).
Last week on 30 was ok but sometimes i even struggled with the amount of veg to eat - too much.
Im not a lover of fruit so adding those isnt really a treat for me.
Any suggestions what i could add to up my carbs???? (and yes ive already thought of wine)

Do you not like any fruit? Not even strawberries or something nice like that?
Other ideas.....dark chocolate, nuts, some variation in your veggies maybe add in some with a bit more carbs (carrot, swede, broccoli etc) that way you don't need more actual quantities just different types. Full fat greek yoghurt?
And yes, wine of course! Good for the heart!! :party0036:

Sossies hat are slightly higher in carbs, i find the 0.2 a tad too meaty!

Lidl's salted pistashios are a great snack and i eat more higher carb vegs like onion, leek, peas.

I dream of tomatoes - i could eat a lot - in salads, sauces, pretty well with everything! :D

How about nuts? I think they're one of the early things Dr. A suggests adding in - cashews are high in carbs, just 25g of them is nearly 5g carbs.

Nuts, seeds, peanut butter on your mim, more carby veg like onions, carrots, parsnips, peas, tomatoes etc? I add fruit I have to say when I'm on maintenance Vicky. Could also add things like tuc biscuits or water biscuits a couple at a time with pate or cheese? A handful of crisps or half a potato or rice with dinner would get you going too. :D

Half a pint of lager now and then! :)

OMG I miss guinness! ;) Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. ;)

Mmmmy guinness! Just finished 3 glasses of red wine. Not quite lager but a good stop gap!

Worryingly, I just red up about red wine. Apparently a glass of cab sauv has 6g carbs! :O

I thought red wine was low carb! :O

Hence why I've just drank 2 glasses of water...

Vicky, I'd go with higher carb veggies, carrot and stuff and some nuts love

Back