Induction Phase Question

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by Derbynanny, 19 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Derbynanny

Derbynanny Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I am thinking of starting the JUDDD diet and have the book. But wondering if anyone has done the induction phase and not used shakes.

I cant bear the thought of shakes.

Also I run quite a bit and wodnering if people find they have enough energy for running on down days?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    Yes I did it just calorie counting food. Make sure you stay under 500cals on your down days and best not to eat until as late as poss, I usually go to about 2pm. I break the 500cals into 5 so have 5 100 cal snacks to space it out a bit. Lots of stuff you can have, look at the thread on 100 cal snacks :D

4. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I've never used shakes either, just good old calorie counting. I tend to find it easier if I have the same thing each DD though - helps me stick to it. I have an Alpen Light bar for breakfast, another for lunch and vegetable soup in the evening.

I also find I have loads of energy on a DD so wouldn't expect exercising should cause you any trouble. If you find you're a bit light-headed when you run on a DD, make sure you have something that you can eat quite quickly within your calories allowance.

Good luck and welcome to JUDDDD

5. leese

leese Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    juddd
    I also always eat the same on a DD - 2 slices of toast with marmalade and tea around lunchtime and a bowl of Special K and an apple in the evening.. for some reason I find it easier to stick to if it's always the same! Good luck if you decide to start!!

6. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

In the book, Dr Johnson says the same thing; it's access to such a variety of food that makes it hard to lose weight, so having the same thing every DD is meant to make it easier.

7. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    Karenlou I didn't knew about it, but is't interesting. I'm just wondering if do you never get bored of having always the same food every DD?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.