Induction Phase Question

Derbynanny

Gold Member
I am thinking of starting the JUDDD diet and have the book. But wondering if anyone has done the induction phase and not used shakes.

I cant bear the thought of shakes.

Also I run quite a bit and wodnering if people find they have enough energy for running on down days?

Yes I did it just calorie counting food. Make sure you stay under 500cals on your down days and best not to eat until as late as poss, I usually go to about 2pm. I break the 500cals into 5 so have 5 100 cal snacks to space it out a bit. Lots of stuff you can have, look at the thread on 100 cal snacks :D

I've never used shakes either, just good old calorie counting. I tend to find it easier if I have the same thing each DD though - helps me stick to it. I have an Alpen Light bar for breakfast, another for lunch and vegetable soup in the evening.

I also find I have loads of energy on a DD so wouldn't expect exercising should cause you any trouble. If you find you're a bit light-headed when you run on a DD, make sure you have something that you can eat quite quickly within your calories allowance.

Good luck and welcome to JUDDDD

I also always eat the same on a DD - 2 slices of toast with marmalade and tea around lunchtime and a bowl of Special K and an apple in the evening.. for some reason I find it easier to stick to if it's always the same! Good luck if you decide to start!!

In the book, Dr Johnson says the same thing; it's access to such a variety of food that makes it hard to lose weight, so having the same thing every DD is meant to make it easier.

In the book, Dr Johnson says the same thing; it's access to such a variety of food that makes it hard to lose weight, so having the same thing every DD is meant to make it easier.

Karenlou I didn't knew about it, but is't interesting. I'm just wondering if do you never get bored of having always the same food every DD?

Back